Are We Free Yet?

Werbung:
The US imposes its business on the rest of the world to the world's detriment.
.........no it doesn't!

Take Union Carbide who took a corporate decision to site their new chemical factory in Bhopal to avoid the costly safety measures that US law required and also to mitigate bad publicity in the event of a problem.

In the 1980s there was a massive problem.

The factory blew up killing thousands of Indian men, women and children and hideously disfiguring thousands more.

The water for miles around was contaminated and poisoned thousands with long term illnesses.

And Union Carbide paid a few dollars in compemnsation to each of the affected families.
..........and BP whose Texas refinery went pop, fart, bang, whoosh because the management couldn't be bothered about safety......works both ways kidda!

The US imposes its business on the rest of the world to the world's detriment.

Take Union Carbide who took a corporate decision to site their new chemical factory in Bhopal to avoid the costly safety measures that US law required and also to mitigate bad publicity in the event of a problem.

In the 1980s there was a massive problem.

The factory blew up killing thousands of Indian men, women and children and hideously disfiguring thousands more.

The water for miles around was contaminated and poisoned thousands with long term illnesses.

And Union Carbide paid a few dollars in compemnsation to each of the affected families.

That sounds terrible, I am sorry about the Indian people who were killed and disfigured in the 80s but how is this Bush's fault and how did My country mess up your country?

Werbung:
.....no mate.....because they were managed by friggin idiots with all the financial accument of drunken eskimos.... never mind eh :rolleyes:

I agree with you about this.

I do think that part of the USA problem was the bill that started with Carter, increased with Clinton and exploded recently. The fair housing act or what ever it was called. Democrats in congress knew that Fanny and Freddy were failing and did nothing but cover it up until it was too late.

But as for the rest of the ecconomy, I guess everyone has a hand in its failing, but I dont see why the USA is being blamed for the problems in the unnamed land of darkinfort.

Back