Are we living in the Biblical End times?

No, only the ones calling for the implementation of bigoted policies, you know, like legal discrimination with no logical basis except religious dogma.

LMAO

Only a fool would use the word 'legal' to describe 'discrimination'. The very nature of discrimination contradicts all the principles the constitution was founded on - hence illegal.

Oh, and you still haven't shown one post where I made use of any religious dogma. Or do you even know what a dogma is?

Werbung:
LMAO

Only a fool would use the word 'legal' to describe 'discrimination'. The very nature of discrimination contradicts all the principles the constitution was founded on - hence illegal.

Oh, and you still haven't shown one post where I made use of any religious dogma. Or do you even know what a dogma is?

It's you attitude that is religious. You are so smug and arrogant in your absolute knowledge of everything that you write like any other Bible-beater. You are also consumed by hatred for homosexual men (my guess would be that it's really fear).

Slavery was legal discrimination. Or are you going to argue that enslaving people on the basis of race is rational? In the same way, denying one group of consenting adults the Constitutionally guaranteed right to equal protection under the law is discrimination. Voting it into law makes it "legal" discrimination. I didn't say ethical or moral. Legal is nothing more than something in the law and we have had many discriminatory laws: slavery, Jim Crow laws, denying women the right to vote or own property, denying full citizenship to some people, and denying basic humanity to others.

I love the fact that you realize that discrimination is illegal under the US Constitution. What puzzles me is why you are support this illegal activity. It's not rational.

It's too bad that I annoy you so much, Num, because you are so anxious to rebut everything I write that it leads you to take irrational stances and it prevents you from learning. Again, this is a religiously-flavored attitude: I am so bad or evil or stupid or (fill in your own expletive) that you KNOW I could not possibly have anything to say that you can't prove wrong or denigrate in some way. That kind of attitude gives lie to your obvious intellectual capacity. Sad really.:(

Think again...

Suitcase nukes are an urban myth, even the US doesn't have any that small. Nice to see you posting again, Pale, have a nice sabbatical?:)

Mare,

Research the SADM: Special Atomic Demolition Munition. It was a 70 pound man packable nuclear device designed to allow small special forces units to destroy airfields and dams by themselves.

It may not be suitcase sized, but you could definately sneak into the country in your average car. The 5 Kiloton (variable yield) warhead has roughly the same destructive capacity as the Hiroshima bomb.

“Shalom and welcome to the official website of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, Israel. The Temple Institute is dedicated to every aspect of the concept of the Holy Temple of Jerusalem, and the central role it fulfilled, and will once again fulfill, in the spiritual wellbeing of both Israel and all the nations of the world. The Institute's work touches upon the history of the Holy Temple's past, an understanding of the present day, and the Divine promise of Israel's future. The scope of these activities includes education, research, and development. The Temple Institute's ultimate goal is to see Israel rebuild the Holy Temple on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, in accord with the Biblical commandments.”
http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm

This is from the opening page of a web site dedicated to rebuilding Solomon’s Temple. The money for this venture has already been raised. The implements used by priests during Solomon’s time have already been fabricated precisely as described in the Bible. The red heifer has already been located and his genetic line has now been established.. People have already been trained and raised in strict accordance with Levitical laws. The original architecture has been studied and blueprints are now in existence to recreate Solomon’s Temple as close to the original as possible.

The Jews of the world are ready at this very moment to rebuild Solomon’s Temple. If the opportunity presented itself, they sould break ground tomorrow. They are only waiting for the political opportunity to proceed.

At the present time, world events and attitudes in the Islamic world are not favorable for the Temple to be rebuilt. But the Jews are patient. They waited over 2500 years for their own nation. And now they are waiting for the opportunity to rebuild the Temple. And they know that the world will be changing dramatically during End Times.

Invest,

I've been doing research on movements to rebuild the Temple in Israel and they aren't favorable of your position. The Israeli government and all Jewish sects outside extreme right wing Orthodox Jews oppose the construction of the Temple until the arrival of the Jewish Massiah. They won't allow the temple to be rebuilt.

If the Israeli government opposes it, it won't happen. They can't risk the retaliation from the Islamic world, not to mention the majority of Jewish sects don't support it.

Also, they DON'T know that the world will be changing dramatically in the end times, because they don't believe in the truth of the New Testament or Revalations. Why would they be waiting for something to happen that they don't believe is going to happen?

Mare,

Research the SADM: Special Atomic Demolition Munition. It was a 70 pound man packable nuclear device designed to allow small special forces units to destroy airfields and dams by themselves.

It may not be suitcase sized, but you could definately sneak into the country in your average car. The 5 Kiloton (variable yield) warhead has roughly the same destructive capacity as the Hiroshima bomb.

Fair enough, not exactly suitcase sized, but capable of being carried in a car. I was reading an article the other day in which they were saying that our current state of the art will not allow us to make a real "suitcase" nuke. Good to have your input, Mr. Questerr, thank you.

There are fewer people starving to death proportional to the Earth's population than at any time in history.
There are fewer people dying in wars proportional to population than at anytime in history.

The Book of Revelations states that things must be worse than they ever have been.

I see no evidence that anything is even *close* to this.

There are fewer people starving to death proportional to the Earth's population than at any time in history.
There are fewer people dying in wars proportional to population than at anytime in history.

The Book of Revelations states that things must be worse than they ever have been.

I see no evidence that anything is even *close* to this.

But...but...rappers! And sex on TV!

Don't forget gay marriage...

Of course. And then there's this thing, which is clearly demonic:

meow2.jpg

This was not the way Jesus told us to have cars.

Oh wait...he didn't tell us about cars, did he? Or television, for that matter. Gee, I wonder why the all-knowing Christian God never mentioned any of these things. Surely he knew they were coming...? :rolleyes:

Of course. And then there's this thing, which is clearly demonic:

meow2.jpg

This was not the way Jesus told us to have cars.

Oh wait...he didn't tell us about cars, did he? Or television, for that matter. Gee, I wonder why the all-knowing Christian God never mentioned any of these things. Surely he knew they were coming...? :rolleyes:

What do you mean he didn't tell us about cars?

Here's proof - the Jesus Bus!!!!

jesustruck3.jpg

I can't believe how you insensitive clods are making fun of the people who think these are the end times.:p

It is interesting to note that nearly every generation of Christians believed that THEY were living in the end times--even the apostles believed that Jesus would return in their lifetimes.:( Didn't happen, my guess is that it won't happen since none of the other crucified saviors ever came back either--and who can blame them?:eek:

I agree Mare, if anything would have been biblical end times, what about the black plague? The world wars? Native American genocide? I could list it on and on. Despite me not being happy with the current path our government is on, there have been worse times. Maybe not in my life, but certainly in the last 100 years.

But I keep forgetting that God Hates the internet. It is the internet that will end the world.

Werbung:
It's you attitude that is religious. You are so smug and arrogant in your absolute knowledge of everything that you write like any other Bible-beater. You are also consumed by hatred for homosexual men (my guess would be that it's really fear).

LMAO.

I am rejecting your arguments on the basis of LOGIC and REASON. You reject my argument on its percieved similarity to the reasoning of bible-beaters.

Need I remind you of the correct definition of a bigot? Who's the bigot now, eh?

Slavery was legal discrimination. Or are you going to argue that enslaving people on the basis of race is rational? In the same way, denying one group of consenting adults the Constitutionally guaranteed right to equal protection under the law is discrimination. Voting it into law makes it "legal" discrimination. I didn't say ethical or moral. Legal is nothing more than something in the law and we have had many discriminatory laws: slavery, Jim Crow laws, denying women the right to vote or own property, denying full citizenship to some people, and denying basic humanity to others.

That's it! Don't even bother to hide your straw man arguments. It suits you to be spouting one fallacy after another.

But I see you cannot be bothered to know even your own history intimately. It can be presented in a way that suits your argument, after all.

Slavery was a political expediency that even the founding fathers were aware of. To them, the situation dictated that the formation of the union is paramount to all other considerations at the time. That is why the constitution had a built-in mechanism to correct whatever errors, forseeable or not.

And so, slavery CONTRADICTS the principles embodied in the constitution, THEN AND NOW. Anyone who applies his reasoning ability alone would see this instantly. While it needed a civil war to correct such a situation, slavery is a condition that is REPUGNANT to any thinking individual REGARDLESS of whatever law is being promulgated.

I love the fact that you realize that discrimination is illegal under the US Constitution. What puzzles me is why you are support this illegal activity. It's not rational.

Because legislated homosexual marriages have NO RATIONAL BASIS. If it had any rational basis, then you would have stated them by now, instead of posting fallacies one after another.

Back