1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Are you paying for Renewable energy? Al Gore is.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr.Dysfunctional, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Mr.Dysfunctional

Mr.Dysfunctional New Member

When i first heard that Al Gore had become a nobel peace prize winner.. I was completely disgusted.. Honestly.. How could a man who presented idea's already known through-out the world get this? Almost an insult to all the great scientists
    before him. Fueled by an argument on a completely unrelated thread.. I stalked across wiki and came across something very intresting.. While we all know that Al gore purchases carbon credits for renewable energy for some of his luxuries.. did you also know he pays an exorbante amount in electricity?

From previous thread and the responce.

upon searching for a bit more into Al gores energy usage I stumbled across this..

and for those not willing to do the search for that source :) Here :) this should lay to bed all those al gore bashers like yours truely only minutes ago.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaRBV6oywA

This far and away is slowly changing my mind about my orignal views of Al Gore and given the light of this.. maybe he is a bit more worthy of Nobel peace prize material.. honestly.. anyone here increasing there electrical bill by $4 dollars per 150 killowatt hour to help do something?

didn't think so..

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

There is zero reason he can not fly first class or coach, he does not have to have a private jet to fly him all over.

This man wastes more energy in a day than I will use in a lifetime. I really dont care that he does, its his life, his money but when he nags us to conserve more while he wastes more, thats crap. I dont care if he is a millionair and can buy carbon credits.

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I did not realize that the Nobel Prize was based on who can overpay the most for electricity.