Are you smarter than a Wall Street Occupier ?

dogtowner

Staff member
I hope so

i-WGjfFXQ-S.jpg

New York Magazine asked 9 questions of thw OWSers. Above is an example f how they did. To be fair they did get sone right.

Werbung:
Did they ask those same question to the tea party protesters who wanted the government out of their medicare?
:rolleyes::)

also known as, more then the average person knows I would bet...and yes more then the tea party as well I would bet

Dont know but given the conclusion of this NYT Poll I suspect they would nail this one.

The latest New York Times/CBS News poll focusing on Tea Party supporters found most of them very angry, generally well-educated, financially secure and deeply pessimistic about the direction of the country.

Unfortunately you never will go wrong betting on the stupidity of the average person.

I can agree with that statement! We have proof of that every day!;):)

One time when that stupidity was exercise is when the Dodd-Frank act passed by only a thin majority. . .AMONG PARTY LINE, thus demonstrating that the GOP were without any doubt in the pocket of those that NEEDED the regulations to pass!

The initial version of the bill passed the House along party lines in December by a vote of 223-202,[1] and passed the Senate with amendments in May 2010 with a vote of 59-39[1] once again along party lines.[1] The bill then moved to conference committee, where the Senate bill was used as the base text[16] although a few House provisions were included in the bill's base text.[17]

I can agree with that statement! We have proof of that every day!;):)

One time when that stupidity was exercise is when the Dodd-Frank act passed by only a thin majority. . .AMONG PARTY LINE, thus demonstrating that the GOP were without any doubt in the pocket of those that NEEDED the regulations to pass!

Hmmm

It was claimed to
render banks no longer "too big to fail" and did not;
address the cause of the sub prime but explicitly excluded Fannie and Freddy who accepted a majority of that bad paper and therefore did not

it actually only took punitive action against the financial industry that would predictably cost all citizens money.

who would support such flawed legislation ? Oh yeah....

Hmmm

It was claimed to
address the cause of the sub prime but explicitly excluded Fannie and Freddy who accepted a majority of that bad paper and therefore did not

it actually only took punitive action against the financial industry that would predictably cost all citizens money.

The ONLY reason the GOP didn't support this bill was because their slave masters didn't want them to.

NO bill is perfect the first time, especially when so much money is poored to stop the bill or weaken it.

So. . . you would have preferred to just continue writing blank checks?

The ONLY reason the GOP didn't support this bill was because their slave masters didn't want them to.

NO bill is perfect the first time, especially when so much money is poored to stop the bill or weaken it.

So. . . you would have preferred to just continue writing blank checks?

The first time... you get that from Pelosi ?

Considering that the bill does nothing to prevent more bailouts in the future and there was no ongoing stream of bailouts, yes I would have preferred nothing.

But a better option that would have gotten support was one that actually addressed the problems. As it was Dodd and Frank's failure of oversight in the first place why would one think they would have a clue as to what to do ?

Hmmm

It was claimed to

you mean the watered down version that passed because the version they wanted the republicans would not pass, because it put real limits on them..

The first time... you get that from Pelosi ?

Considering that the bill does nothing to prevent more bailouts in the future and there was no ongoing stream of bailouts, yes I would have preferred nothing.

But a better option that would have gotten support was one that actually addressed the problems. As it was Dodd and Frank's failure of oversight in the first place why would one think they would have a clue as to what to do ?

Dodd and Frank's failure?

Do you have a FACTUAL link for that? (other than Fox News or "heritage foundation," of course!)

Werbung:
Dodd and Frank's failure?

Do you have a FACTUAL link for that? (other than Fox News or "heritage foundation," of course!)

USNews ok ? Its not that hard to find. Lots more at the link but this from August 2008

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking [COLOR=#005497 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#005497 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Democrat[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

Aug 2008 is a month or so before F&F and all the rest imploded.

Back