1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Arson suspected in Alaskan church fire

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Bunz, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Bunz

Bunz New Member

According to the authorities, in the late evening on Friday night, fire crews responded to Wasilla Bible Church. The fire resulted in about a million dollars worth of damage. The building is salvagable, and it is a big kudos to the volunteer fire departments who responded.

Why is this signifigant? This is the church Alaska Governor Sarah Palin and her family are members of.

This was the statement released from the Palinistas.

Here is the link to the local article. They are releasing few details at this point, because a criminal investigation is under way.
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/matsu/story/621988.html

Personally, while I disagree with Palin on some key issues, this is a tragic event to say the least, and I condemn it in the strongest words and thoughts possible. I am sure they will catch the idiot who did it, and they will probably go to prison for 5 counts of attempted murder, as the building was occupied at the time.

If you would like to comment, please be respectful. Nobody deserved to have thier church burned in this manner.

2. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Update: well kinda....
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/matsu/story/623348.html
    From one of the papers Palin no doubt reads but couldnt mention with Couric.

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

4. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Oh please, I bet Piper could have answered that question. Its hardly a dig, and I wonder what you would have to say about it if the tables were turned.

The fact is that the Anchorage Daily News is the most widely read paper in the state. I know she reads it. As for why she couldnt mention that, youd have to ask her, I dont have a logical explantion except maybe she didnt want to admit to reading that horrible liberal news rag down in the big city of Anchorage, the ADN, who overall have been very good to Sarah in thier reporting.

5. Bunz

Bunz New Member

This is the latest article from today. No doubt there will be a story tomorrow as well. I am actually fairly surprised the national media hasnt caught onto this.
    It appears some sort of accelerant was used in several different locations, and focused on the entrances. So whatever A-hole did this is probably looking at half a dozen counts of attempted murder and possibly hate crime indictments. Its just a matter of time before they catch that person.
    http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/623876.html

6. Iseeme

Iseeme New Member

Not pursuing "hate crimes" for Palin church attackers

Hate crimes are not to be pursued, just the fullest extent of the law -- that way all crimes are just crimes and it is not a matter of thought control.

http://publicadvocateusa.org/news/article.php?article=4185

Here are some videos of some gays assaulting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTuqXiHzZtk&feature=channel_page

this one they attack the grandmother and destroy the cross http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1AITHS2Wc

Here is a video of people agreeing with marriage in Florida where the radical homosexuals lost their attack on marriage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28EEU2GhuU

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Re: Not pursuing "hate crimes" for Palin church attackers

This sounds like a job for....

THE EXORCIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

8. Pandora

I dont think targeting things christian can be considered hate crimes. Christianity is not considered a minority group.

9. Iseeme

Iseeme New Member

Another thought-control advocate that just does not get it -- if you read the article:

"In a letter to authorities in Alaska, Delgaudio also encouraged prosecutors not to seek hate crimes charges, if the arsonist or arsonists were motivated by hatred of Christians. "Whomever set the fire, for whatever reason, should receive the toughest and longest sentence possible for arson and attempted murder under Alaskan law," said Delgaudio, "But we do not condone the politicalization of crime in any case, including this one." emphasis added http://publicadvocateusa.org/news/article.php?article=4185

meaning that there is NO SUCH THING as a "hate crime" which is just thought control

for instance, this assault in this video, the assault of the homosexuals against a lone grandmother is assault, no need for thought control even though we know the radical gays here are being full of hate -- law judges the act, not thought control
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1AITHS2Wc

10. Pandora

Umm... I am no advocate of hate crime laws. I think they are dangerous and stupid.

If a man throws a brick in a white mans window it should be treated just the same as if a man throws a brick in a black mans window, or a homosexuals window.

I do not think christians are in the list for hate crime. If I believed in hate crime laws I would say christians should be included but they dont seem to be. but since I am against it totally I dont care that they are not, I just wish it did not exist in the first place.

11. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    umm I belive there was quite a few people going after Obama in a thread about his Grandmother dieing....I think you may have been one of them?

12. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I just saw it on the nat news last night. I cant say I am shocked, but I hope they catch who ever did it.

13. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Iseeme, and others concerned about hate crimes, I think that is to early to be determined as of yet among those of us without any inside knowledge into the investigation. But I am confident that the person(s) responsible will be held to pay to the highest extent of the law that is allowed under such circumstances.

Keep in mind, this is not only Palin's church but several other prominent politicians and thier families attend the church as well.

14. Pandora

what are you talking about? Going after obama about his grandmother dying?

first off, i dont know of anyone who "went after your freaking messiah" because his grandmother died, that would be pretty stupid, are you saying people thought he offed his grandmother?

and what does that have to do with hate crime laws?

15. Pandora

I am not concerned about it, i really dont care. Palin is going to have to get used to this sort of treatment.