Arson suspected in Alaskan church fire

there is also a decent chance obama wont live out his first term but then again the experience is with his vp so its nothing to be concerned about. McCains probem was the experience was at the front of the ticket.

That used to be what matters and the old dope didnt realize the new way is put the experience at the bottom of your ticket. Either way the point of what I am saying is she had a job to do, attack obama and his ideas that she thought were bad for the country and she did her job.

Republicans Put Bush on the top of the ticket, I dont think we need anymore about lack of experience....I as you recall was wearly of Obama due to his less experience ( but far more then palin) But Obama showed in speeches, debates, and other ways that he had the knowledge , and Demeanor, and ability to lead to me. McCain faltered, showed no plan, and lacked many of the very things that to me where to be is strong suits. Palins pick, was just a seal the deal moment for many who had hopes for him still. My Dad a strong McCain supporter, watched her debate and was forced to strongly think about changing to Obama, not sure he did...my friend in cali, long time republican actually got a hold of me to find out how to change her party designation and saying she wanted to vote Obama.....

the only votes she got, where people on the far right who never had a shot of voting Obama anyway, and she cost a lot of moderates. And as for why she fired up the right? one thing, she started calling him a terrorist, attacking comunitiy organizers ( how dare people help others) and then went on to tv interviews that showed he knew even less then the debate showed us. At least when Bided attacked, it was on real issues that people care about..

and thus McCain got slapped around in the Election and lost buy a nice margin.

Werbung:
Republicans Put Bush on the top of the ticket, I dont think we need anymore about lack of experience....I as you recall was wearly of Obama due to his less experience ( but far more then palin) But Obama showed in speeches, debates, and other ways that he had the knowledge , and Demeanor, and ability to lead to me. McCain faltered, showed no plan, and lacked many of the very things that to me where to be is strong suits. Palins pick, was just a seal the deal moment for many who had hopes for him still. My Dad a strong McCain supporter, watched her debate and was forced to strongly think about changing to Obama, not sure he did...my friend in cali, long time republican actually got a hold of me to find out how to change her party designation and saying she wanted to vote Obama.....

the only votes she got, where people on the far right who never had a shot of voting Obama anyway, and she cost a lot of moderates. And as for why she fired up the right? one thing, she started calling him a terrorist, attacking comunitiy organizers ( how dare people help others) and then went on to tv interviews that showed he knew even less then the debate showed us. At least when Bided attacked, it was on real issues that people care about..

and thus McCain got slapped around in the Election and lost buy a nice margin.

all the above is your opinion and though I dont agree with it I respect your right to it.

but the point of it all is the thread topic, bunz attacked her for being an attack dog and I defended her for doing her job. all the things you said I understand your point of view but the origional point of my post was to defend her for doing her job :)

merry christmas Pocket

all the above is your opinion and though I dont agree with it I respect your right to it.

but the point of it all is the thread topic, bunz attacked her for being an attack dog and I defended her for doing her job. all the things you said I understand your point of view but the origional point of my post was to defend her for doing her job :)

merry christmas Pocket

what is her job? to lead the US as VP and be ready to be pres? or be a attack dog? cuz she was only good for one of those. Also important in being a attack job, is making the attacks 1 true, and 2 be on things people actually care about...she mostly failed on that part

what is her job? to lead the US as VP and be ready to be pres? or be a attack dog? cuz she was only good for one of those. Also important in being a attack job, is making the attacks 1 true, and 2 be on things people actually care about...she mostly failed on that part

in your opinion again on both parts

I think she was effective in her attacks
and I think she would be as good as your messiah as a president, actually better. But your messiah wins so its done.

Again I was replying to bunz because his post seemed to say it was wrong for her to be an attack dog when that is also what biden was and what all vps do.

Here is one of the people in government who used their power and authority illegally. You are right it is pretty frakin serious; she lost her job over it. But I am sure messiah obama will give her a new one :)
Well what she did was out of line. I doubt Obama will be giving her much shot at a new job in his administration, but if I am wrong, I will gladly criticise him for that sort of a move.
How you missed this is a puzzle to me, do you only read anti Palin news? This has been a big story since Obama stumbled to Joe’s yard.
To be quite honest, towards the end of the Presidential campaign, I kinda tuned out. I was tired of it, my mind was already made up and I was much more effective working for a few key candidates who did win.

Nothing of value to you. that I can believe and accept but she was very valuable to people who are pro life, pro children pro family pro America.
Well she is of some value to me, dont be mistaken, she is my Governor.
She was the ONLY reason many of us voted for McCain, she was for sure the ONLY reason I sent money.
I am sorry to hear you donated money. I will never donate money to a candidate I dont know personally. Do you think she did more help than harm in the campaign?
So you can belittle her all you would like, she was valuable and is valuable to those of us who care about Gun rights, human life and our Country.
Do you think the people who supported Obama dont care about our country and human life? I think that is one of the primary reasons Obama won, because people saw that this country needs some change.

As to gun rights, that is the one area that I know I am going to disagree with Obama on, but I think there are plenty of other things for him to worry about in the meantime, plus the USSC was pretty clear when it comes to 2nd amendment issues.
Obama has no value IMO, so I guess I can see how you can look at her and find no value.
I dont disvalue her as a human, I know her family and most of them are good people. I just think she did Alaska a great disservice during the campaign trail, and also the GOP. Now that the 2008 campaign is over, I want her to be the Governor again, and not campaigning for national office in 2012.

A few things when it comes to the whole "attack dog" scenario that is playing out in this thread. Firstly, maybe I dont get enough election coverage in Alaska(or way to much) but I hardly noticed Gore running around the country and attacking Bob Dole at every turn. Cheney did it to a point, but that is his personality. I think Kerry/Edwards should have been more on the attack in 2004. But either way, her role as attack dog didnt work, especially when it wasnt backed up with anything of substance on policy, and some rather embarrassing appearances in the media.

in your opinion again on both parts

I think she was effective in her attacks
and I think she would be as good as your messiah as a president, actually better. But your messiah wins so its done.

Again I was replying to bunz because his post seemed to say it was wrong for her to be an attack dog when that is also what biden was and what all vps do.

She might have been effective for those who were not going to support Obama regardless and brought them to the GOP rather than staying home or voting third party.

It is worthy to note though, that going on the attack is good when you WIN.
When you lose it backfires, and bridges are burned, and in the case of being a Governor, it hurts your state. Especially Alaska, which is heavily reliant on Federal funds. She kissed a bunch of that money away when Alaska is going to need it most.

She might have been effective for those who were not going to support Obama regardless and brought them to the GOP rather than staying home or voting third party.

It is worthy to note though, that going on the attack is good when you WIN.
When you lose it backfires, and bridges are burned, and in the case of being a Governor, it hurts your state. Especially Alaska, which is heavily reliant on Federal funds. She kissed a bunch of that money away when Alaska is going to need it most.

she did keep a lot of us from voting 3d party and if obama is going to be childish and deny the state something because Sarah Palin hurt his feelings then that is just the way it is. we cant walk on egg shells for that idiot, he should not be treated any differnt than any other politician

Well what she did was out of line. I doubt Obama will be giving her much shot at a new job in his administration, but if I am wrong, I will gladly criticise him for that sort of a move.

To be quite honest, towards the end of the Presidential campaign, I kinda tuned out. I was tired of it, my mind was already made up and I was much more effective working for a few key candidates who did win.

It may be out of line to call the messiah on his crap but some of us are going to do it anyways,

its so strange to see people think he should be treated differently than other politicians, he is just a man bunz, just a man not a god not a messiah and he should and will be called on what he is and does by those of us who understand that he is just a man

Well she is of some value to me, dont be mistaken, she is my Governor.

I am sorry to hear you donated money. I will never donate money to a candidate I dont know personally. Do you think she did more help than harm in the campaign?

Do you think the people who supported Obama dont care about our country and human life? I think that is one of the primary reasons Obama won, because people saw that this country needs some change.

As to gun rights, that is the one area that I know I am going to disagree with Obama on, but I think there are plenty of other things for him to worry about in the meantime, plus the USSC was pretty clear when it comes to 2nd amendment issues.

I dont disvalue her as a human, I know her family and most of them are good people. I just think she did Alaska a great disservice during the campaign trail, and also the GOP. Now that the 2008 campaign is over, I want her to be the Governor again, and not campaigning for national office in 2012.

why would you be sorry to hear that someone donated money to a cause they believed in? are you sorry to hear that people donated money to your freakng messiah too? or is it just the other side you are sorry to hear about?

As for what I think of people who voted for him, mixed. There is a new kind of people, like there were reagan democrats. there is a new group of people who care about the constitution, the value of human life but bought into this change B.S. and voted for him. To this day none of them can tell me what the change is, its just change for change sake.

I remember obama saying many times that you can not just send the same people back to washington and put them in differnt chairs and expect a new result. but that is exactly what he did, from his VP to his clinton ressurected cabinet. so apparently the change we need was go go back to the 90s :)

its kind of funny

what dont you agree with his gun policy on? I have heard nothing of any plans for any change to national gun laws by Obama. I am aslo pro gun, with sane restrictions.

she did keep a lot of us from voting 3d party and if obama is going to be childish and deny the state something because Sarah Palin hurt his feelings then that is just the way it is. we cant walk on egg shells for that idiot, he should not be treated any differnt than any other politician
There is more to this than withholding funding for Alaska, which I dont think will be a targeted thing towards Alaska. She made two critical errors on the campaign trail in this regard.

The first, is bashing earmarks. When it has been earmarks, especially from our lone Congressman(Young-R) and former senior Senator Stevens. When in fact that Alaska has relied on federal earmarks for longer than she has been alive.
I hope she is not so naive to think that Alaska can forego earmarks and somehow pay for these projects ourselves. Especially considering the price of oil lately. In her first two years in office she had is quite easy in regards to the budget when there was substantial surplus money because of the price of oil. Now with oil less than $40 a barrel, we will get to see just how conservative she is;)

Secondly, her turning her back on the Alaska congressional delegation. She has clearly burned her bridge with Don Young, considering her support of the Lt. Governor Parnell in the GOP primary(who lost) then her calls for Senator Stevens to step down after his conviction. Which despite probably being the right thing to do at the time, is paved the way for Alaska to elect a democrat putting them one step closer to the slightly scary super majority.
Now in hind sight though, she was also wrong in that regard as there is a bunch of information that is coming out that is putting the Stevens conviction is serious doubt and will at the very least probably result in a new trial for Stevens. Though I think it wont come to that because Bush is going to pardon him.

My point in this whole post though is that national politics is a tough game. She got thrown into the lions when she was totally unprepared and she made some key mistakes, including the number one rule of politics, everyone loves a winner. And when you win, you can generally say what you like. When you lose, and have been on the attack, it WILL come back to bite you.

why would you be sorry to hear that someone donated money to a cause they believed in? are you sorry to hear that people donated money to your freakng messiah too? or is it just the other side you are sorry to hear about?
I think money "donated" on a national level is pointless, as I said I wouldnt give money to any candidate who I didnt know personally or at least give an exact accounting for. To include the post below in regards to the "messiah"
It may be out of line to call the messiah on his crap but some of us are going to do it anyways,

its so strange to see people think he should be treated differently than other politicians, he is just a man bunz, just a man not a god not a messiah and he should and will be called on what he is and does by those of us who understand that he is just a man

The fact of the matter is that you are much more obsessed with the man that I certainly am. I would venture a guess that of all the members of this site, you have made more posts concerning Obama than anyone else.
I dont place him on a pedestal, I will criticise him when I dont agree, as I have said time and time again.

As for what I think of people who voted for him, mixed. There is a new kind of people, like there were reagan democrats. there is a new group of people who care about the constitution, the value of human life but bought into this change B.S. and voted for him. To this day none of them can tell me what the change is, its just change for change sake.

I remember obama saying many times that you can not just send the same people back to washington and put them in differnt chairs and expect a new result. but that is exactly what he did, from his VP to his clinton ressurected cabinet. so apparently the change we need was go go back to the 90s :)

its kind of funny
Jesus Christ, I find this simply comical. He hasnt even taken office yet and you simply wont even give the man a chance. But I can tell your zealotry runs deep, and that is alright, I can partially understand that.

But if you want to talk about change, then we can do that, we have someone very different in the White House than we have had in 30 years, but even 230 years. What made me support Obama was largely the lesser of several evils and a few key issues I agree with him. Firstly, I find what the Bush administration has done to be flat out embarrassing in regards to foreign policy, and troubling with domestic policy.

I want an American President that will take the high road with our allies and enemies alike. I find the arogancy portrayed by the GOP concerning the American position in the world to be the a massive step in the wrong direction of what America is about.

Also, I would recommend you get your position straight when it comes to his cabinet. In one thread you say it is nothing but Chicago style politics, and in this one you say it is nothing but a recycled Clinton administration.

Werbung:
what dont you agree with his gun policy on? I have heard nothing of any plans for any change to national gun laws by Obama. I am aslo pro gun, with sane restrictions.
This is off topic and probably worthy of another thread, but in short, he supported a ban of all semi-auto firearms, and is generally against concealed carry.
Also, there is rumoured to be a severe tax hike on guns and ammo. I am taking a wait and see attitude in general. But the notion that I cant carry a concealed gun as a law abiding citizen is dumb, as is any move to ban a few select types of guns(assault weapon ban) or any legislation that is based around a type of firearm based on its operating action(semi-auto).

This would include basically all pistols, a few million examples of semi-auto shotguns, including Remington 11-87s, Benelli Super Black Eagle, etc, and even sporting rifles like the BAR and Benelli R-1.
Also, I really enjoy using a mini-14 and AR-15 for varmint and caribou hunting.

Back