Australian PM voted out by own party

Aus22

Last night Jullie Gillard was voted out as party leader by her Labor Part members of Parliament. She was Australia's first women Prime Minister and first openly Atheist. She was voted out because poll results indicate she would lost the up coming elections by a large margin.

In our System the Leader of the major party becomes Prime Minister. So today her successor Kevin Rudd was sworn in as Prime Minister

Attachments

• P1000694.JPG
    P1000694.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 1
Werbung:
You have a different system to us. You elect your President, We just elect the party. The leader of the majority party becomes Prime Minister. If the part changes its mind there can be a new Prime Minister.

dogtower, It will take some time to list all the things tat raise the hackles of people. They include she lied >But dont all politicians lie. She spent to much , so we have a small deficit. (Much less than the USA and Europe) She introduce a carbon and minig tax, She did not stop illegal migrants coming by boat to Australia. I doubt if the new leader Kevin Rudd can do much about these although the opposition leader Tony Abbott said he could.

She was also the one who topple Kevin Rudd in his first term in a similar ballot. But she also claims she was attack because she was a woman. She pose in a woman's magazine knitting. Perhaps that was the last straw.
She was so far behind in the polls that her party would be wipe out. Keven Rudd has more hope of saving some seats

Well give the dude a chance. If he fucks up voters would see Democrats as they are "JOKERS"
obama_race-card_joker.jpg

I am not sure you can get rid of a President without impeachment or death or illness. That way the vice President would take over. It happen with Johnson when Kennedy die but I do not think it was an improment.
The position in Australia is different. Any member of the party can be elected to take over. Gillard was the Deputy Prime Minister when she took over from Rudd the first time. But Rudd was not even in cabinet this time.

I am not sure you can get rid of a President without impeachment or death or illness. That way the vice President would take over. It happen with Johnson when Kennedy die but I do not think it was an improment.
The position in Australia is different. Any member of the party can be elected to take over. Gillard was the Deputy Prime Minister when she took over from Rudd the first time. But Rudd was not even in cabinet this time.

yes, your way is very different.

I suppose in some way the people sort of have some say if only to the extent to what pollsters say that they do.

not sure I like it but I dont have to and you folks seem to be ok with it.

so do you expect any significant shifts in policy ?

See all it takes is majority of congress to vote to impeach the President. Then you need 60 votes in the senate to vote in favor of impeachment then if 60 members of the senate agrees HES GONE!

See all it takes is majority of congress to vote to impeach the President. Then you need 60 votes in the senate to vote in favor of impeachment then if 60 members of the senate agrees HES GONE!

2/3s vote of those present in the Senate to convict, simple majority of those present in the House to do the articles of impeachment.

I say lets go ahead and vote up the articles of impeachment to go on record as disturbed by obama's unconstitutional actions. the Senate can't ignore it and as john roberts presides the evidence will get presented for the world to see.

we will wind up free or officially a dictatorship.

should be fun if nothing else.

say aus, what exactly was the kerfuffle with her knitting on tv all about ? seems harmless, hardly controversial to me. you guys are known for wool and all.

Werbung:
Tanks for asking about Australia, dogtower ask if there will be many shifts between the new leader and the last. As they both come from the same party and there is an election due soon there will be few. One might be to change the Carbon Tax into something else, an Emission trading Scheme. This will mean instead of charging $24-15 a ton on polluted energy like coal it will be trading on the world market and might be reduce to the European figure $6.50.

He has also said he will be harder on migrants arriving by boat. He wold not grant refuuge status so easily as many are economic migrants. Unlike the USA it is hard to send them back as they come from countries lie Aghanistan,Seri Lanka, and Iran. They fly to Indonesia before they get on the boats. Indonesia does not want them back so turning the boats back, the Opposition policy, will be hard. We let them land and put them into detention for many years to deter them but this has not worked< He may change the election date. He said there night be a vote on gay marriage.He does not promise a surplus and may reverse the previous government cuts in welfare for single parents.

Stevox, I do not think the position is similar to impeachment in the USA as you would need some opposition party to get a one third majority. Here you only need a simple majority to change the leader.

The problem with the knitting needles is that Julia Gillard posed as a feminist most of her term. Knitting does not go with modern images of feminists.

Back