Back by popular demand

hmm it would be nice to compare it to what ever country you live in. I keep thinking china but they dont let the people use the net so I know it cant be china. but it must really be a rat hole if you want to keep it hidden like you do.

I am not going to get into how great my country is, I already know. If you wont name your country for us to compare then its not worth talking about. Nothing you say about the USA means anything when you wont even say what country you are from, that tells me it has to be pretty bad, so you are better off fixing your own country than throwing stones at mine

Werbung:
I am not sure who runs this site but my suggestion for longevity would be that moderation is done even-handedly.

There was some European Lord or Baron or whatever that had the sobriquet "the Even Handed" everyone thought that this meant he was a chap of even temprement and was in some way a fair and righteous soul! Anyway he lived during the 10th or 11th century and in fact his name comes from the fact that one day he had a rather successful time on the battlefield, indeed captured a whole load of prisoners, needless to say he was rather pleased with himself! So said titled gent divided the prisoners into two groups and from one group he had the left hand cleaved off and from the other the right hand.........thus "the Even Handed" ;)

Be careful what you wish for BWWWAAAHAHAHAAAA.........:eek:

Scotsman, when I hear stories with that level of precision I am always suspicious.

e⋅ven⋅hand⋅ed   /ˈivənˈhændɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ee-vuhn-han-did] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective impartial; equitable: evenhanded justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1595–1605; even + handed

NO Obamanation.

Making statements like those in your last post make you sound childish and nationalistic.

The USA is a nation in empire mode and empire is always ugly.

Take the rose coloured spectacles off.

In Russia during the Stalin years the government got everyone believing Russia was the greatest nation on earth.

But for the record...

The greatest minds in history have been European.
The best wine and food is European
The best cars are European and Japanese
The greatest music was made by Europeans
The greatest art comes from Europe
The greatest literature is European
The greates architecture is in Europe

I could go on for some time but you get the point.

I don't think any nation is the greatest on earth because it is a silly concept that is fit only for playground spats.

Scotsman, when I hear stories with that level of precision I am always suspicious.

e⋅ven⋅hand⋅ed   /ˈivənˈhændɪd/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ee-vuhn-han-did] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective impartial; equitable: evenhanded justice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1595–1605; even + handed

Which doesn't mean that the Scotsman's story is incorrect, nor that it is right either of course.

It does sound like something that might have happened in those enlightened times.

Say, Dawks, what country are you from? Let's see what kind of a record it might have on human rights, immigration, genocide, wars, and etc. Where are you from? Is it China? Mexico? Russia? Where? Let's dare to compare.

My country has an appaling record on most fronts.

But as you can see I am not one of those buffoons who believes he lives in the greatest countries in the world.

I am as critical of my own nation as I am of the most others.

The difference is that with the US there is such a nauseating gap between what it claims to be and what it is.

Especially as it purports to be the world's democratiser when in fact it is a tyrranical empire builder.

NO Obamanation.

Making statements like those in your last post make you sound childish and nationalistic.

The USA is a nation in empire mode and empire is always ugly.

Take the rose coloured spectacles off.

In Russia during the Stalin years the government got everyone believing Russia was the greatest nation on earth.

But for the record...

The greatest minds in history have been European.
The best wine and food is European
The best cars are European and Japanese
The greatest music was made by Europeans
The greatest art comes from Europe
The greatest literature is European
The greates architecture is in Europe

I could go on for some time but you get the point.

I don't think any nation is the greatest on earth because it is a silly concept that is fit only for playground spats.

Our beloved AlGore invented the internet that you bash us with :)
without the Wright brothers people from Europe would not be getting around well.

Thomas Edison gave you the light bulb yet you still cant see and I think the phone

Americans went to the moon first

Ben Franklin flying a kite with a key had something to do with electricity, I forget who invented the Radio, but I will bet you it was an American.

ok so the french have better wine but that is over cast by Germany starting 2 world wars.

Either way I know our country is in a very short list of countries who have went to war to give people back their lands not take it. and talking to you about it is pointless

Tim Berners Lee invented the Internet and he is British.

But I am not surprised you got this wrong being an American.

You probably also think that those poor cowboys were treated badly by those Injuns too.

And the names you cite, whilst being of great people are not really up there with Einstein, Newton, Shakespeare, Mozart, Leonardo, Hawking, Darwin and the rest of the names I could keep adding if I had a spare year.

Tim Berners Lee invented the Internet and he is British.

But I am not surprised you got this wrong being an American.

You probably also think that those poor cowboys were treated badly by those Injuns too.

And the names you cite, whilst being of great people are not really up there with Einstein, Newton, Shakespeare, Mozart, Leonardo, Hawking, Darwin and the rest of the names I could keep adding if I had a spare year.

Talk to AlGore he takes credit for it at least in part.

but Leonard Kleinrock from New York was the first to write a paper on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Kleinrock

From what I can tell it was not invented by any one person and your guy isnt in the list

http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/inventednet.html

Injuns is about the same as the N word incase you did not know
we prefere to be called Native Americans or Indians

Werbung:
Back