Bama Cops Canned

If you or I did the same thing that the officers did, we'd be prosecuted for aggravated assault. The passion of the moment defense would mitigate the punishment, no doubt, but we'd be prosecuted and convicted. If the guy died, it would be called second degree murder, probably downgraded to manslaughter of some degree or other, with the crime of passion defense serving to mitigate the punishment, but not excuse it.

Why should the police officers be treated any differently?

Could we use the defense that the person needed killing? Wasn't that used in a novel? I'm sure it wouldn't work in real life.

I can understand why they did what they did, but that doesn't make it right.

Well said. Also, nice interjection of "A Time to Kill"

While I am not, nor have I ever been a police officer. But I have come to learn that cops use force only when it is necessary to minimize a threat, and only then the least amount necessary.

Taking cheapshots after the fact, on a helpless person is nothing short of thugery. Imagine the public outcry if this was 5 teens continuing to beat another one with approx. 30 blows all streamable on youtube?

Werbung:
If you or I did the same thing that the officers did, we'd be prosecuted for aggravated assault. The passion of the moment defense would mitigate the punishment, no doubt, but we'd be prosecuted and convicted. If the guy died, it would be called second degree murder, probably downgraded to manslaughter of some degree or other, with the crime of passion defense serving to mitigate the punishment, but not excuse it.

Why should the police officers be treated any differently?

Could we use the defense that the person needed killing? Wasn't that used in a novel? I'm sure it wouldn't work in real life.

I can understand why they did what they did, but that doesn't make it right.

No of course not. I just have an absolutely hatred of criminals. This guy will be back on the road putting peoples lives in danger, just like Rodney King. King, was drunk out of his mind, driving like an idiot, and fighting with policy before they all started batting him with night sticks, and even during that, he wouldn't stop resisting them.

A year or two later, Rodney King drunk again, nearly ran over his wife, slammed his car into a wall in down town LA, was on PCP and drove his car over 100 mph through a fence and into someones house, battered his girl friend, and the list goes on... yet nothing happens.

I'm a bit tired of this. I'm tired of all the criminals complaining about their rights, while violating everyone else. I'm tried of people breaking into peoples homes, stealing all their stuff, and then getting a free education courtesy my tax money.

The Rodney King riots are a prefect example. They riot and steal, vandalize, assault people, burn down half their neighborhood, and the Feds come in with my tax money and build them all new stuff.

It's getting a bit old watching people commit all crimes against the public, and then we start talking about police brutality? What would have happened if the police had failed to catch this guy before he ran people off the road, and kill a family in a high speed crash? We'd be complaining how they didn't do their job. They didn't protect the public.

So, with all due respect... I'm getting to the point I just don't care anymore. Let the police beat the absolute crap out of these scum bags, and maybe they'll think twice before committing crimes.

of couse you dont care, I doubt anyone is shocked. I mean why should we expect cops to not beat people who are knocked out. Its after all cops jobs to deal out justice, not the courts. Lets just let cops shoot anyone they want, make life easy, cops with no rules no laws, just do what they think is best....

Like I said Pocket... I just don't care. When the guy is going to murder people with his vehicle, whatever happens to him is fine with me, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone else. I suppose that's just one of my quirks, but I've been robbed and vandalized, and had my stuff stolen so often, and I have so little to begin with... I don't care about criminals anymore.

That's all there is to it. You break a law, and get a night stick bashed against your head, it just doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

Like I said Pocket... I just don't care. When the guy is going to murder people with his vehicle, whatever happens to him is fine with me, as long as he doesn't hurt anyone else. I suppose that's just one of my quirks, but I've been robbed and vandalized, and had my stuff stolen so often, and I have so little to begin with... I don't care about criminals anymore.

That's all there is to it. You break a law, and get a night stick bashed against your head, it just doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

The hitting happened for 11 seconds? one guy it looked like hit him in his chest 5 times another with fits a few times. Its no Rodney King insodent thats for sure. If I were the cop I probably would have done the same and I would not have cared if I were fired for it. I think most police think of their fellow officers as brothers...one of their brothers was almost killed. If this guy almost killed my child or brother or family or even good friend, he would have gotten a hell of a lot more than a few smacks with my fist or a stick. He is lucky it was those police who caught him and not regular Joe off the street, most would have not been nearly as kind after this jackass almost killed one of their own.

So, with all due respect... I'm getting to the point I just don't care anymore. Let the police beat the absolute crap out of these scum bags, and maybe they'll think twice before committing crimes.

Are you willing to let the cops decide who the scumbags are that need the absolute crap beat out of them?

You think that guy had the absolute crap beat out of him?

I don't know. He got wailed on pretty good while lying helpless on the ground, so maybe he did.

What I was responding to was Andy's hypothetical: Let the cops "beat t he absolute crap" out of criminals.

That sounds well and good, and a lot of people would agree with criminals getting the crap beat out of them.

Who are these criminals? Do we let the cops decide? What if they're wrong?

Are you willing to let the cops decide who the scumbags are that need the absolute crap beat out of them?

I suppose if the video was of a guy jay walking on an empty dirt road, then perhaps you have a point. On the other hand, when a guy directly attempts to run over another police officer while nearly getting a number of others killed, yeah I'm willing to let them decide which homicidal nut case needs beaten.

I suppose if the video was of a guy jay walking on an empty dirt road, then perhaps you have a point. On the other hand, when a guy directly attempts to run over another police officer while nearly getting a number of others killed, yeah I'm willing to let them decide which homicidal nut case needs beaten.

What if a group of cops decides you are a homicidal nut case, maybe based on something your doppelganger did, or just because they're having a bad day?

Cops are human, too, and so make mistakes just like you and I.

What if a group of cops decides you are a homicidal nut case, maybe based on something your doppelganger did, or just because they're having a bad day?

Cops are human, too, and so make mistakes just like you and I.

I haven't seen many people get beaten when the completely submitted to the authority of the police officer. If they come, I'll go quietly without resisting. Now, if I jump in my car, fly down urban streets putting everyone in danger, and trying to run over a police office trying to protect the public... I hereby give complete consent for them to beat the crap out of me, or shoot me on the spot.

I haven't seen many people get beaten when the completely submitted to the authority of the police officer. If they come, I'll go quietly without resisting. Now, if I jump in my car, fly down urban streets putting everyone in danger, and trying to run over a police office trying to protect the public... I hereby give complete consent for them to beat the crap out of me, or shoot me on the spot.

You haven't seen that yet, maybe. If cops get the authority to decide who is a scumbag who deserves killing, or at least getting a beating, then you just might see quite a lot of it.

If you want to live in a police state, fine. Leave me out of it. I like America.

I don't know. He got wailed on pretty good while lying helpless on the ground, so maybe he did.

What I was responding to was Andy's hypothetical: Let the cops "beat t he absolute crap" out of criminals.

That sounds well and good, and a lot of people would agree with criminals getting the crap beat out of them.

bye that logic I want to go beat the crap out of the cops then...after all they are criminals

I dont think we should beat eachother up unless we catch someone molesting a kid or about to kill a person, then beat them up or what ever it takes.

I just didnt think that guy got the crap beat out of him, he got hit 5 times by one guy and I think 3 by another it looked like, the whole thing took 11 seconds, I dont know what I would do if I were the cop and I know I dont like the idea of hitting people but in the same situation I may have...

I dont think we should beat eachother up unless we catch someone molesting a kid or about to kill a person, then beat them up or what ever it takes.

I just didnt think that guy got the crap beat out of him, he got hit 5 times by one guy and I think 3 by another it looked like, the whole thing took 11 seconds, I dont know what I would do if I were the cop and I know I dont like the idea of hitting people but in the same situation I may have...

yea I see, it was just love taps right?

Werbung:
You think that guy had the absolute crap beat out of him?

I think if this would have happened to a person who had not just been in a serious crash that the injuries inflicted would have been quite noticable. Of course because it came after he was already hurt, it is difficult to tell which injuries came from which.

There is no question that more often than not, a person who already has a serious brain injury(being knocked unconcious) and then is subjected to further trama from a human kneeling next to thier head and delivering half a dozen well aimed punches, is totally uncalled for. Plus it is very dangerous, hitting someone in the back of the head, even when they are otherwise uninjured. Punching to the back of the head is not allowed in boxing and other fighting sports.

Back