Barack Obama fails to win Nato troops

Andy

Remember back when Obama said he planned to redeploy troops to Afghanistan? People asked, how will he cut military spending, when he's sending all our troops right back out on the war front? His priceless answer, was that he'd get NATO to send more troops, so we could cut taxes through reduced military cost.

This brilliant statement brought about the classic response from Germany's Dieter Niebel of the opposition German Free Democrats, saying "Under no circumstances will the German taxpayer pay with more money and more troops for Afghanistan for tax cuts in the U.S."

And now, finely, they followed through with their statements.

Barack Obama fails to win Nato troops he wants for Afghanistan

Barack Obama made an impassioned plea to America’s allies to send more troops to Afghanistan, warning that failure to do so would leave Europe vulnerable to more terrorist atrocities.

But though he continued to dazzle Europeans on his debut international tour, the Continent’s leaders turned their backs on the US President.

Gordon Brown was the only one to offer substantial help. He offered to send several hundred extra British soldiers to provide security during the August election, but even that fell short of the thousands of combat troops that the US was hoping to prise from the Prime Minister.

Just two other allies made firm offers of troops. Belgium offered to send 35 military trainers and Spain offered 12. Mr Obama’s host, Nicolas Sarkozy, refused his request.

So while we sent 21,000 troops to Afghanistan, under Obama's brilliant strategy, he requests a few thousand from our NATO allies, and gets.... a few hundred from the UK just for security during the election, 35 trainers from Belgium, oooo and a whole 12 from Spain.

I love how the bias of the media shows through... "though he continued to dazzle Europeans" Dazzle? He Dazzled them that they sent a few hundred temps, and 47 trainers? That's Dazzling? Dazzled so much they are comparing him to Carter? LOL ooooOOOooo Dazzled.. I'm dazzled! are you dazzled? Because I'm dazzled! Aren't you?

And then the brilliant reporting of "even that fell short of the thousands of combat troops that the US was hoping to prise from the Prime Minister". Even that? Even what? Even a few hundred temps? We effectively got nothing from NATO, and they write it "even that! wasn't enough".

This is getting more comical as it goes on. Come on you leftist idiots! Tell us what a great president we have! Why, I can just see the entire world falling all over themselves to support our new idiot-in-chief! Maybe he should have given them all Ipods of himself making speeches first. I'm sure that would have won them all over.

Werbung:
Back