Barack Obama: The one-man echo chamber?

Little-Acorn

Q: How do we know how Obama's coming Great Speech on Jobs will work out?

A: We DO know... because this isn't the first time he's tried it.

------------------------------------------

http://opinionjournal.com

The Great Perseverator
Barack Obama is a one-man echo chamber.

by JAMES TARANTO

Are you sitting down? If not, you probably should be, because we have some stunning news: Barack Obama is giving a speech next week. "Obama plans to propose his new jobs plan in a prime time address to a joint session of Congress on Sept. 7, a week from today," USA Today reports.

As blogger Ed Morrissey notes, Obama previewed the blockbuster oration in an interview with NBC's Brian Williams:

Williams: Let's talk about another topic that's part of the firmament here and everywhere. And that's the economy. The New York Times said this weekend, "President Obama has another new plan on the economy. Now would be a good time to find out about it." Do you have anything new on the economy? And while you've been away, we had a horrible GDP number last month.

Obama: Well, look, we--we anticipated that the recovery was slowing. The economy is still growing, but it's not growing as fast as it needs to. I've got things right now in--before Congress that we should move immediately. And I've said so before I went on vacation, and I'll keep on saying when I--now that I'm back.

Are you nodding off? Wait, there's a punch line! That interview aired on Sunday, Aug. 29. How can that be, when today is Wednesday the 31st? The interview aired last year.

Can we keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result?

Yes, we can! Ronald Reagan's detractors called him the Great Communicator. In a sign of how standards have fallen, Obama's admirers think him a great communicator. But he would be more aptly called the Great Perseverator. To the untrained ear, he sounds like a one-man echo chamber, endlessly repeating after himself.

(Full text of the article can be found at the above URL)

Werbung:
Back