Barney Frank gets biatch slapped by Bill O'reilley

Werbung:
So what makes him any different than any other politician in DC? You can delete Barney Frank and enter just about any other member of Congress and come to the same conclusion.:rolleyes:

The difference is that Barney BUTT**** is the Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, which has oversight over Fannie and Freddie, and it was his duty to be judicious with OUR money. Not only that, but he was the ranking minority member on the House Financial Services Committee in the 109th Congress, you know, the one that blocked every effort by Republicans to get Fannie and Freddie under control. Not only that, but in 1991, when his boyfriend was an executive at Fannie, he started receiving a lot of money from Freddie, to the tune of over $42,000, and the year that Barney's boyfriend was appointed to Fannie, and Barney started getting bribes from Fannie Barney suddenly started pushing for more deregulation on two and three family homes, regardless of the fact that they were defaulting at 2-5 times the rate of single family homes.

So, in short, the difference is that Barney has had his hands all over this mess going back to the early 90's, and he has consistantly ignored the facts and worried more about what he could do for his butt buddies!

I doubt it. But if you are talk make such bold statements it might be worthy of getting your facts straight. In 1774, DC was a marshland. Maybe you meant the Delaware or somewhere closer to Philly or even Boston.

WHAT? Are you on drugs? Perhaps you are the one that needs to do some research and get YOUR facts straight. I take it you never heard of Occoquan Virginia or any of the other major communities that were in that area before the revolution? Perhaps you were under the impression that the entire state of Virginia was unpopulated before DC was established?:rolleyes:

Well it worked for Bill, and Barney. Bill's little tantrum proved to what sort of a person he is. Bill was going to make a fool of himself regardless. Its good for ratings. ;) Barney on the other hand just ensured he will continue to get elected thanks to Bill.
Although it seems that there are plenty of people out there who like him enough to tune in. I think Orielly would have been more effective in actually hurting Barney if he said what he wanted to in a calm confident voice instead of freaking out like a 8 year old who wants thier bike back.

It's too bad that you're too ignorant to know why Bill would go after Barney butt****** the way he did. Barney, along with Maxine Waters and the rest of the Dems on the Committee have routinely ignored, for more than a decade, every attempt to get legislation pushed through that would have prevented this mess. THOSE are the people who are in charge, it's THEIR responsibility, and if YOU'RE not pissed off about it, then you've either got your money stashed under your mattress, or you didn't have any to begin with, but some of us have lost a SH*TLOAD of our money because of those fu**heads, and we're PISSED. I want serious FBI investigations into every one of those assholes, and I want to see them thrown in Federal Prison, for the rest of their stinking lives!

SOURCE

Lawmaker Accused of Fannie Mae Conflict of Interest
Friday, October 03, 2008

By Bill Sammon

WASHINGTON — Unqualified home buyers were not the only ones who benefitted from Massachusetts Rep. Barney Frank’s efforts to deregulate Fannie Mae throughout the 1990s.

So did Frank’s partner, a Fannie Mae executive at the forefront of the agency’s push to relax lending restrictions.

Now that Fannie Mae is at the epicenter of a financial meltdown that threatens the U.S. economy, some are raising new questions about Frank's relationship with Herb Moses, who was Fannie’s assistant director for product initiatives. Moses worked at the government-sponsored enterprise from 1991 to 1998, while Frank was on the House Banking Committee, which had jurisdiction over Fannie.

Both Frank and Moses assured the Wall Street Journal in 1992 that they took pains to avoid any conflicts of interest. Critics, however, remain skeptical.

"It’s absolutely a conflict," said Dan Gainor, vice president of the Business & Media Institute. "He was voting on Fannie Mae at a time when he was involved with a Fannie Mae executive. How is that not germane?

"If this had been his ex-wife and he was Republican, I would bet every penny I have - or at least what’s not in the stock market - that this would be considered germane," added Gainor, a T. Boone Pickens Fellow. "But everybody wants to avoid it because he’s gay. It’s the quintessential double standard."

A top GOP House aide agreed.

"C’mon, he writes housing and banking laws and his boyfriend is a top exec at a firm that stands to gain from those laws?" the aide told FOX News. "No media ever takes note? Imagine what would happen if Frank’s political affiliation was R instead of D? Imagine what the media would say if [GOP former] Chairman [Mike] Oxley’s wife or [GOP presidential nominee John] McCain’s wife was a top exec at Fannie for a decade while they wrote the nation’s housing and banking laws."

Frank’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Frank met Moses in 1987, the same year he became the first openly gay member of Congress.

"I am the only member of the congressional gay spouse caucus," Moses wrote in the Washington Post in 1991. "On Capitol Hill, Barney always introduces me as his lover."

The two lived together in a Washington home until they broke up in 1998, a few months after Moses ended his seven-year tenure at Fannie Mae, where he was the assistant director of product initiatives. According to National Mortgage News, Moses "helped develop many of Fannie Mae’s affordable housing and home improvement lending programs."

[my commentary](I guess ole Barney didn't have any more use for him since he wasn't bringing in any more of OUR money from Fannie that Barney was shoveling at him as hard as he could).[end my commentary]

Critics say such programs led to the mortgage meltdown that prompted last month’s government takeover of Fannie Mae and its financial cousin, Freddie Mac. The giant firms are blamed for spreading bad mortgages throughout the private financial sector.

Although Frank now blames Republicans for the failure of Fannie and Freddie, he spent years blocking GOP lawmakers from imposing tougher regulations on the mortgage giants. In 1991, the year Moses was hired by Fannie, the Boston Globe reported that Frank pushed the agency to loosen regulations on mortgages for two- and three-family homes, even though they were defaulting at twice and five times the rate of single homes, respectively.

Three years later, President Clinton’s Department of Housing and Urban Development tried to impose a new regulation on Fannie, but was thwarted by Frank. Clinton now blames such Democrats for planting the seeds of today’s economic crisis.

"I think the responsibility that the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was president, to put some standards and tighten up a little on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac," Clinton said recently.

Just keep on ignoring the facts and evidence. Everyone has figured out that you're nothing but a DU troll who is utterly incapable of telling the truth.
Yeah.....let's get The Truth from Sarah Quayle. :rolleyes:

the%20end%20times%20are%20here%20for%20the%20republicans.jpg

SOURCE

Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle
September 10, 2008 10:20 AM ET
Sam Dealey

Now that crisis management has taken root and Fannie and Freddie have been placed in conservatorship, a number of commentators have remarked that Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's actions bear a striking resemblance to what his predecessor proposed five years ago. Whether the two mortgage giants deserve a future will be a pitched battle, but for now, Democratic Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the Financial Services Committee chairman, has issued a press release with a fanciful take on history.

From Frank's press release:

The truth is when President Bush took office, and the Republicans controlled both houses of Congress, he did not make any progress on comprehensive legislation to reform the regulation of the Government Sponsored Enterprises. It was not until 2005, when the House, on a bipartisan basis, and over the President's objections finally passed a reform bill. It died in the Senate in part because the White House's failure to make it a priority.

In fact, here's a New York Times story from September 2003, clearly showing that the first substantive Fannie and Freddie reform from inside government came from the Bush administration. Spurred by worries that Fannie and Freddie were cooking their books and taking too many risks, Treasury Secretary John Snow proposed placing the companies under Treasury oversight with strict controls over risk and capital reserves. The NYT labeled the proposal "the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago" and noted:

Mr. Snow said that Congress should eliminate the power of the president to appoint directors to the companies, a sign that the administration is less concerned about the perks of patronage than it is about the potential political problems associated with any new difficulties arising at the companies.

So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?

"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

As Frank mentions in his press release today, two years after it was first proposed, the House finally voted on a bill reforming the mortgage giants. Alas, the legislation was watered down to the point of being meaningless—that's why it passed the House with such wide margins (122 Democrats and 209 Republicans). But even then, and despite his high regard for bipartisanship now, Barney Frank wasn't among the yeas.

Your desperation is all-too-obvious. :rolleyes:

david3.jpg

"The presence of David Drier and other high powered, closeted, gay Republicans stands in stark contrast to the rigid, hardened opposition to anyone who is gay by socially conservative activists," Rogers said in a statement following his appearance. "Right wing figures such as Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council and James Dobson of Focus on the Family must be increasingly alarmed by the high number of gays in the Republican party," he added."

"When the interview started, Bill honestly thought he had a good point but his whole case evaporated after a few seconds of Frank's response and then he started to rant to cover up his own mistakes. Even stupid people see through this."

Your desperation is all-too-obvious. :rolleyes:

Red Herring Mr. Shaman. None of your "points" have anything to do with the fact that Frank and the rest of the Dems are directly responsible for the current financial mess out economy is in.

So, as usual, you LIE, and your sig line PROVES it.

Shaman, I'm probably older than you kiddo, and even able to read. I'll tell ya. little tyke, reading stuff in a history book isn't the same as living it no matter what you say. The books you and I have read, no doubt left out a lot that we who experienced everything from the 60's on lived. You have proven your ignorance by not being informed again and again, especially about Frank and his BB. Your credibilty is gone. Your amusement level as a man and human being is high though, keep it up.

Werbung:
I wouldn't know, never have listened to his show. You have 4 years on me. You're wrong, wrong, wrong about dems not being the major culprits in this crisis though. Why can't you admit it? For God's sake even Alec Baldwin, the poster boy for dems admits it. It just is. Barney Frank needs to pay. Politically and personally.

Back