Beck on forced vacation from Faux News

Has little popeye found any evidence yet (other than from anonymous "tipsters") that Beck's vacation was "not planned"?
Yeah....Beck should have fallen-back on that ol' BUSTED-Republican fave: He wants to spend more time with his family.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
520.gif

Yeah.....especially since they don't exist.​

Spread the wealth is a Marxist sort of thing, not a capitolistic
telling Americans we can not eat what ever we want, keep our thermostats at what ever temp we want and drive when ever we want because other countries will not like it is IMO more of a Marxist point of view than a capitolistic.

Do you feel those are capitolistic points of view? or in some other catagory?

I spend a lot of time in Indonesia, and recently I noticed my subscription TV company started offering Fox News. Naturally, I find the programs on Fox have a conservative tilt but also offer some valuable insights not found on other channels. Of course I can say the same thing for Al Jazeera News, MSNBC, CNN and BBC. They all have their editorial bent.

That said, Beck stands out as being especially biased.. I suppose it has the same entertainment value as Rush who makes no secret that his goal is to get high ratings and make money. Both Rush and Beck will prostitute themselves, and put on a dog and pony show for any cause that is controversial. I guess on the radio, listening to these ramblings make a long drive go faster - regardless of who is talking.

But on television, I watch the news to gain an understanding of the day's events. Personally I don't want to watch an hour long brain dump by some fanatic about some some obscure issue - who often get's his facts wrong. I'll flip to a different station.

From the viewpoint of Fox News, I think their viability as a TV network would call for the elimination of Beck and replace him with programing similar to the other shows they present. At least I consider the other programs informative and respectful of the audience - regardless of anyone's philosophic / political views.

I spend a lot of time in Indonesia, and recently I noticed my subscription TV company started offering Fox News. Naturally, I find the programs on Fox have a conservative tilt but also offer some valuable insights not found on other channels. Of course I can say the same thing for Al Jazeera News, MSNBC, CNN and BBC. They all have their editorial bent.

That said, Beck stands out as being especially biased.. I suppose it has the same entertainment value as Rush who makes no secret that his goal is to get high ratings and make money. Both Rush and Beck will prostitute themselves, and put on a dog and pony show for any cause that is controversial. I guess on the radio, listening to these ramblings make a long drive go faster - regardless of who is talking.

But on television, I watch the news to gain an understanding of the day's events. Personally I don't want to watch an hour long brain dump by some fanatic about some some obscure issue - who often get's his facts wrong. I'll flip to a different station.

From the viewpoint of Fox News, I think their viability as a TV network would call for the elimination of Beck and replace him with programing similar to the other shows they present. At least I consider the other programs informative and respectful of the audience - regardless of anyone's philosophic / political views.

Beck is my favorite because he goes deep into the Czars and who they are and because he shows the connections with Acorn. He digs up old quotes and information about the people who are running the country today. Hannity did a little but not so much. Without Beck doing it, no one would be. If Fox takes him off the air he will go someplace else and I will follow where ever he goes to watch. I cant be alone in my thinking, he is the 3d highest rated show, only behind Hannity and Bill O. and he has a really sucky air time.

Beck is my favorite because he goes deep into the Czars and who they are and because he shows the connections with Acorn. He digs up old quotes and information about the people who are running the country today. Hannity did a little but not so much. Without Beck doing it, no one would be. If Fox takes him off the air he will go someplace else and I will follow where ever he goes to watch. I cant be alone in my thinking, he is the 3d highest rated show, only behind Hannity and Bill O. and he has a really sucky air time.

easy to get a large amount of people to watch, when you just tell them what they want to head, facts be damn. and if you can cry a bit and act like you realy care sooo much, even better. dont forget to act like you love America more then others to, always a nice touch..

Good post Hobo1... I agree with your overview.

It's one thing to listen to Crazy Right Wing chatter boxes on the radio while driving because you're doing something else (driving) and you can just play the "everything he says just reverse it game".

But on TV the contrived nature of it all and the stupidity makes all but those looking for radical excuses shake their heads knowing that just doesn't sound right.

There's a couple FOX things I can stand to watch but Beck is a self promoting circus act nothing more... kinda Druggie Limbaugh light without the OxyContin!:)

easy to get a large amount of people to watch, when you just tell them what they want to head, facts be damn. and if you can cry a bit and act like you realy care sooo much, even better. dont forget to act like you love America more then others to, always a nice touch..

Facts be damned? If he gave facts that were not accurate he would and could be sued. Now when it comes to opinon about things he can not and he gives a whole lot of that. But facts on what the various Czars have said or done, congressmen exc. are just what they are. Unless you are accusing him of fudging youtube videos or saying direct quotes from them that are not true.

Beck goes deep into his own crazyland circus ride!:D

There's not a journalistic bone in his body. He simply gets up in the morning... goes over current events... then twists them around in conspiracy theories and presents them in a way as if he's living 200 years ago.

Glenn Beck is pretty much the dofuss of Conservative talk. But it is true there are those who like the fact he attacks anything even remotely Progressive no matter how dofussie he is.

Werbung:
Beck goes deep into his own crazyland circus ride!:D

There's not a journalistic bone in his body. He simply gets up in the morning... goes over current events... then twists them around in conspiracy theories and presents them in a way as if he's living 200 years ago.

Glenn Beck is pretty much the dofuss of Conservative talk. But it is true there are those who like the fact he attacks anything even remotely Progressive no matter how dofussie he is.

I agree actually with what you say, he is the clown. Sometimes I wish he were more serious because the things he says are important, like quotes from dead fish's brother who has direct ties to the white house and the health care bill and thinks people who are older should get less care than those who are younger. Hard to take that seriously when the man showing it to you is eating cookie dough while he reports it :)

But I still like him and can get past his style of presentation.

Back