Begich takes lead over Stevens!

Werbung:
Begich, Mark DEM 125,019 47%
Bird, Bob AI 10,913 4%
Gianoutsos, Ted NA 1,076 0%
Haase, Fredrick D. LIB 1,961 0%
Stevens, Ted REP 125,016 47%

This is the latest count. Yeah only 3 votes. I am still not making any predictions.

Also, notice Bob Bird from the Alaska Independence Party. Drew %4 of the vote, those should be noted as Anti-Ted votes.

Also, notice Bob Bird from the Alaska Independence Party. Drew %4 of the vote, those should be noted as Anti-Ted votes.

If Begich wins and Franken pulls it off in Minnesota (He currently trails by 206 votes with a recount on the horizon) that would give the Democrats 59 Senate seats with one more contest to go...the runoff in Georgia.

Though it's a longshot, the dream of a filibuster proof majority is not yet dead.

If Begich wins and Franken pulls it off in Minnesota (He currently trails by 206 votes with a recount on the horizon) that would give the Democrats 59 Senate seats with one more contest to go...the runoff in Georgia.

Though it's a longshot, the dream of a filibuster proof majority is not yet dead.

I am generally not thrilled about either party having a 60 vote total in the Senate while the same party holds the White House.

Begich has now taken a 814 vote lead at the close of business 11-12.
There are still 35,000 votes to be counted.

I think Franken can pull it off, tell him to call your Gov for advice :) I understand on a very small scale he pulled a christine but he should have done a whole bunch of them not just 35 :)

and I am with you, get that 60. Lets see what democrats can do when they have full power and a President who rules!

I think it is not wise to have either party totally in control. Our nation works best when there is a balance on the Hill.

That's a solid point Ocean. One I also agree with. We the people hold the ace card on forcing our elected officials to work together. All we need do is call, email and express our displeasure loudly and in mass. The problem is, so many people don't do that.

Who is more cupable? The people or the ones they elect? I'd venture to say that its a chicken and egg thing.

Not that it really matters at this point, but I spoke with a former US Attorney today (appointed under Clinton) who told me that on the surface he was surprised there was even a case against Stevens to begin with.

Now obviously he was not the one to try the case, and did not see all the details outside of what was in the newspaper, but I did find it somewhat interesting to get his take on it.

I like how they are simply "finding votes" Just somewhere, out there, is missing boxes, they are "finding votes". As yes, we didn't beat the tar out of these leftist voter fraud people before, and they came back. What a shock.

I like how they are simply "finding votes" Just somewhere, out there, is missing boxes, they are "finding votes". As yes, we didn't beat the tar out of these leftist voter fraud people before, and they came back. What a shock.

That's not true of Alaska...the state is unlike the lower 48 and because of things such as the geography and the weather, votes sometimes take awhile to count. In fact, there is supposedly still 30,000 more to go.

Werbung:
Back