Begich takes lead over Stevens!

UPDATE: Democrat Mark Begich has increased his lead over 84 year old Republican convicted felon Ted Stevens to 2374 votes. Victory is now all but assured and it looks like the Wasilla hillbilly won't be getting a senate seat (via special election) after all.

http://elect.alaska.net/data/results.htm

Why do you feel the need to degrade everyone? You would have an an aneurysm if I referred to Obama as the "Chicago Darkie." Show some class.

Werbung:
Why do you feel the need to degrade everyone? You would have an an aneurysm if I referred to Obama as the "Chicago Darkie." Show some class.

It's not the same thing...It was a McCain aide who characterized the infamous shopping spree as “Wasilla hillbillies looting Neiman Marcus from coast to coast.”

I like how they are simply "finding votes" Just somewhere, out there, is missing boxes, they are "finding votes". As yes, we didn't beat the tar out of these leftist voter fraud people before, and they came back. What a shock.

I agree clearly shows the Republicans had it rigged, but we found out and stoped it. As he did not have the votes, so they set it up to look like he did, but failed.

This has been an interesting day. Stevens turned 85years young today. He lost his Senate seat to Mark Begich, but it is probably all for the best. I am just glad this will clear up a bunch of questions, and everyone but Ted is breathing a sigh of relief.

Senate Republicans wont have to vote on him losing his membership in the GOP conference. http://www.adn.com/news/politics/fbi/stevens/story/593157.html

Sarah will remain in place as the Governor. Where she has so far faced a cautious reception from Alaskans.

Begich goes to DC. In a way taking up the reigns left off when his father
Rep. Nick Begich and Rep. Boggs from Louisiana, were lost in a small plane somewhere along the gulf coast of Alaska. That was 35 years ago, Mark was about 9 years old when it happened.

Then there leaves Uncle Ted. In a way, all Alaskans knew this day would come. When Ted would no longer be in DC for us. I acknowledge being a part of his defeat, but for Ted it is ultimately better this way. He lost, he can retire quietly, and take his pardon from Bush which I have little doubt will be coming. Also, he keeps his Senate benefits, and his name remains on the Anchorage International Airport.
As a side note, when they made the push to name ANC after Ted, I thought it was a bad idea to name landmarks and that sort of thing after living people.

What is wrong with Alaska?

Today is November 19th, the election was November 4th and they still have not finished counting the votes, the news said they still have not counted the absentee votes.
For a state with such few people you would think they could count the freakin votes by now.

What is wrong with Alaska?

Today is November 19th, the election was November 4th and they still have not finished counting the votes, the news said they still have not counted the absentee votes.
For a state with such few people you would think they could count the freakin votes by now.

Stevens conceded.

Stevens conceded.

I heard that tonight, but still my gosh why did it take so long to count the votes, when they claim there are not that many people there.

I am glad he did, most dont want to see it but I want Obama to have full power to do what ever he and the libs think will work, lets try it and get it over with so we can get on to business

Stevens conceded.

Yes it is over. The chapter on Uncle Ted is closed. I can only hope he gets a Presidential Pardon. Here it is from the hometown paper.

http://www.adn.com/elections/story/594867.html
Sen. Ted Stevens today conceded the election for U.S. Senate to Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich, bringing to an end his 40 years as the dominant force in Alaska politics.

Stevens' office issued a written statement just before noon Alaska time:

"Given the number of ballots that remain to be counted, it is apparent the election has been decided and Mayor Begich has been elected.

"My family and I wish to thank the thousands of Alaskans who stood by us and who supported my re-election. It was a tough fight that would not have been possible without the help of so many Alaskans - people who I am honored to call my friends. I will always remember their thoughts, prayers, and encouragement.

"I am proud of the campaign we ran and regret that the outcome was not what we had hoped for. I am deeply grateful to Alaskans for allowing me to serve them for 40 years in the U.S. Senate. It has been the greatest honor of my life to work with Alaskans of all political persuasions to make this state that we all love a better place.

"I wish Mayor Begich and his family well. My staff and I stand willing to help him prepare for his new position."

Begich claimed victory Tuesday afternoon after the latest count of absentee and questioned ballots widened his lead to 3,724 votes. With only around 2,500 ballots from overseas remaining to be counted, the lead was insurmountable barring a major flaw in the counting. Begich leads by just over 1 percent with more than 315,000 votes cast in the race.

Werbung:
I heard that tonight, but still my gosh why did it take so long to count the votes, when they claim there are not that many people there.
A few things to keep in mind. There are 675,000 people scattered over 572,000 miles. Think about the greater Portland Oregon scattered across Washington, Idaho, California, Oregon, and Nevada combined. So the socio-geographic conditions are part of the reason, also keep in mind that we have several thousand deployed armed service members. Also, tens of thousands or more that work away from thier homes either on a fishing boat, mine site, or in an oil field.

I am glad he did, most dont want to see it but I want Obama to have full power to do what ever he and the libs think will work, lets try it and get it over with so we can get on to business
I have a serious dislike in the idea of one party having a controlling majority while having the WH. Personally, I would rather political parties be taken out of the equation for the most part. Id prefer if membership in the GOP or DEM parties respectively should have as much signifigance on the ballot as being a Rotarian or an Elks Club member.

Back