Best Democratic candidate for president?

You are calling for isolationist practices.

Not at all. I am calling for the same protections other countries give their manufacturers. Doesn't matter if it is China, Britain, Canada, India, Japan, whatever.

And you can't seem to understand the concept of commodity manufacture.

Well, I am certainly not an economist like you, however, do you even understand "commodity manufacture"? Is that not where a smaller company may find some article to produce at a cheaper rate then the original manufacturer? Or is it just a separate company making a part for the larger end item? Never can get that straight.

So that is why you need to be imagining new things to continue to make the high margin things that allow a better wage.

Sorry but what was the "new" item created in your example? Looked to me like the same item, just different components made by different companies.

You have to understand why manufacture moves, why it has to move. Why it's always done so.

It doesn't have ot move out of country if that is what you are implying.

But I know you have your agenda and that doesn't tolerate inconvenient facts

LOL, your "facts" are like Al Gores "Inconvenient truth".

Werbung:
The rest of the world demonstrates otherwise.
Not sure how 3D printing is a game changer. What's the benefit ?
The rest of the world demonstrates that separating out the college bound and those who have no interest or ability in academics is a better strategy than attempting to get every student ready for university work. Our kids are as smart as anyone's.

What's the benefit in being able to download an item and print it out, thus skipping the manufacturing and shipping process altogether? Seems to me that it would be a lot cheaper that way and make goods more widely available.

Biden, I believe, will drive the media nuts from beginning to end. He's doing it now, he'll do it through the debates, and he won't stop until he is either beat or retiring 9 years from now. He may not even stop then. The way I see it is Biden is as "real" as Trump. He has never made a secret of who he is. I would even go as far as to say he is a lot MORE real than Trump. I said before that I don't particularly want Biden as President, but if I had my way he would continue to drive the media nuts, forever.
I JUST KNEW THE GOPERS COULDN'T CORNER THE MARKET ON CIRCUS ACTS

Biden? Seriously? Did the Demwits buy a pre-owned clown car for him to ride in? After all, what's the difference between the Kochs and Soros? Don't be suckered into believing one side they force us to choose has any more right to be out there than the other.

P. is right. That is not preposterous. I got a university degree from money I saved delivering papers and working as a stock-boy and bagger at a supermarket. I worked summers full time. I did not have to borrow a dime from my parents nor take out a student loan (which didn't exist at that time).
Do You Want Us to Feel Sorry for You Because What You Had to Do to Yourself to Get Your Job?

What does slavish sacrifice have to do with a right to the job you got out of all your brown-nosing? In fact, it tells me you didn't have enough time and energy to learn adequately what you should have been paid for studying. The rich businessmen better preach what they practice and pay every student the same allowance they give their own sons. Or it is our democratic duty to make sure those spoiled brats of theirs never graduate.

I don't think kids are any dumber now than they were years ago.

As for the next big thing, I'm betting on 3D printing to be the next paradigm shift in manufacturing. Who will develop it, though? Will it be the USA, or perhaps China? Wait and see.
Prometheus Unchained

American High IQs, the only people capable of creating both major and minor economic paradigm shifts, are treated like freaks and losers before college, indentured servants in college, and patsies for corporate patents after college. So they shouldn't pay a dime back on their insulting student loans and defect to China because of America's ingratitude and corporate-bully humiliation. It is well known that Asians lack creative genius and it would be a perfect match.
abeautifulmind.proboards.com

The rest of the world demonstrates that separating out the college bound and those who have no interest or ability in academics is a better strategy than attempting to get every student ready for university work. Our kids are as smart as anyone's.

What's the benefit in being able to download an item and print it out, thus skipping the manufacturing and shipping process altogether? Seems to me that it would be a lot cheaper that way and make goods more widely available.
Download an item and print it. How does this become the thing and not an image of the thing ?

Download an item and print it. How does this become the thing and not an image of the thing ?
This is a thing, not an image of a thing:

l13.png

Check it out here:

This is a thing, not an image of a thing:

l13.png

Check it out here:
Thx for the tip.
Has nothing to do with printing ergo the confusion.
So fabrication by addition rather than subtraction. Interesting.
I could see it useful for say auto parts. There are scads of them so inventory is a problem in cost as well as space. If this process were suitable for these sorts of things (or appliances, hardware etc) I could see it being revolutionary. It seems reasonable that your part could be fabricated quickly enough and savings in inventory and storage may be enough to make cost reasonable.
Making the dune buggy would seem to prove the material is versatile enough (strength, durability, heat resistant etc). And while making a car is not cost effective there are possibilities.

Thx for the tip.
Has nothing to do with printing ergo the confusion.
So fabrication by addition rather than subtraction. Interesting.
I could see it useful for say auto parts. There are scads of them so inventory is a problem in cost as well as space. If this process were suitable for these sorts of things (or appliances, hardware etc) I could see it being revolutionary. It seems reasonable that your part could be fabricated quickly enough and savings in inventory and storage may be enough to make cost reasonable.
Making the dune buggy would seem to prove the material is versatile enough (strength, durability, heat resistant etc). And while making a car is not cost effective there are possibilities.
I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg when it comes to 3D printing. The process is currently in its infancy.

Imagine, if you will, printers powerful enough to print on the molecular level. The only difference between an old junker and a brand new Porsche, for example, is the arrangements of atoms and molecules, primarily iron and carbon.

Imagine being able to print out a steak dinner. We would no longer need agriculture. Everyone in the world could have a balanced diet. It would be a quantum leap forward equal to going from a hunter/gatherer economy to an agricultural one, or to the advent of the machine age. It could be huge.

I think we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg when it comes to 3D printing. The process is currently in its infancy.

Imagine, if you will, printers powerful enough to print on the molecular level. The only difference between an old junker and a brand new Porsche, for example, is the arrangements of atoms and molecules, primarily iron and carbon.

Imagine being able to print out a steak dinner. We would no longer need agriculture. Everyone in the world could have a balanced diet. It would be a quantum leap forward equal to going from a hunter/gatherer economy to an agricultural one, or to the advent of the machine age. It could be huge.
That would be interesting but unlikely. It made parts which were then assembled for the vehicle. As for the steak... not holding my breath. Solving warehousing of pieces is pretty huge.

That would be interesting but unlikely. It made parts which were then assembled for the vehicle. As for the steak... not holding my breath. Solving warehousing of pieces is pretty huge.
Even given the geometric progression of computer science of late? Think back 20 years, 1995, to the state of electronics at that time, then project ahead another 20, keeping in mind that change is accelerating. What do you foresee for that time?

Werbung:
Yes tech moves quickly and they talk about constructing chip layering molecules thin but ad hoc building of a thing with any combination of molecules is quite another thing. And cost wise hardly doable. Who would pay fifty million for a steak ? You're talking about a vastly more complex thing than the Halton collider.
Probably have to manage your expectations.

Back