Best president?

Werbung:
Oh dear god, thems is fighting words.

Reagan? Reagan was the worst president, I even say he is worse then our current president (though few agree with me on that statement).

WHAT?!?! Reagan was the president who finally got bold with the Soviet Communism ("Evil Empire" as he called them) and expedited their collapse. He also revived the traditional conservative principles of limited government, low taxes, and strong defense, all while stoking a bloody war between Iran and Iraq.

-Real economic growth averaged 3.2 percent during the Reagan years versus 2.8 percent during the Ford-Carter years and 2.1 percent during the post-Reagan years.

-Real median family income grew by $4,000 during the Reagan period after experiencing no growth in the pre-Reagan years; it experienced a loss of almost $1,500 in the post-Reagan years.

-Interest rates, inflation, and unemployment fell faster under Reagan than they did immediately before or after his presidency.

-The average annual growth rate of GDP from 1981 to 1989 was 3.2 percent per year, compared with 2.8 percent from 1974 to 1981 and 2.1 percent from 1989 to 1995. The 3.2 percent growth rate for the Reagan years includes the recession of the early 1980s, which was a side effect of reversing Carter's high-inflation policies, and the seven expansion years, 1983-89. During the economic expansion alone, the economy grew by a robust annual rate of 3.8 percent. By the end of the Reagan years, the American economy was almost one-third larger than it was when they began.

-From 1981 through 1989 the U.S. economy produced 17 million new jobs, or roughly 2 million new jobs each year. Contrary to the Clinton administration's claims of vast job gains in the 1990s, the United States has averaged only 1.3 million new jobs per year in the post-Reagan years. The labor force United States has averaged only 1.3 million new jobs expanded by 1.7 percent per year between 1981 and 1989, but by just 1.2 percent per year between 1990 and 1995.

-When Reagan took office in 1981, the unemployment rate was 7.6 percent. When Reagan left office, the unemployment rate was 5.5 percent.

-Under Reagan, productivity grew at a 1.5 percent annual rate.Under Clinton, productivity has increased at an annual rate of just 0.3 percent per year--the worst presidential performance since that of Herbert Hoover.

-The central economic evil that Ronald Reagan inherited in 1981 from Jimmy Carter was three years of double-digit inflation. In 1980 the consumer price index (CPI) rose to 13.5 percent. By Reagan's second year in office, the inflation rate fell by more than half to 6.2 percent. In 1988, Reagan's last year in office, the CPI had fallen to 4.1 percent.

He drove up the deficiet to a max, brought unemployment up to a max

I addressed these two above.

... supported illegal behavior in Central America which resulted in the loss of thousands of innocent lives

You clearly don't understand history. At the time, the Soviet Union was our biggest threat. He helped the rebels fight against the Soviet Union and it ultimately was one of the factors that led to its collapse.

And supported other murderous thugs like Noreiga.

Thats why.

Do you forget the fact that Navy SEALs captured and U.S. courts tried Manuel Noreiga for drug trafficking in 1988 (I think that's the right year)? Doesn't seem like "supporting" him.

Bill Clinton? Are you serious?

could you elaborate more on that point please

It's just typical partisan hackery.

Clinton was merely an adequate peace time president who was too weak to confront terrorism, even after 5-6 attacks on this country and our greatest Americans (military personell).

He's also one of the luckiest American presidents. He was right smack in the middle of the computer/technology era where the economy skyrocketed and he was feeling the positive affects of the Reagan tax cuts from a decade before (a president's affect on the economy typically takes an average of 8-10 years).

-The central economic evil that Ronald Reagan inherited in 1981 from Jimmy Carter was three years of double-digit inflation. In 1980 the consumer price index (CPI) rose to 13.5 percent. By Reagan's second year in office, the inflation rate fell by more than half to 6.2 percent. In 1988, Reagan's last year in office, the CPI had fallen to 4.1 percent.

(a president's affect on the economy typically takes an average of 8-10 years).

So in other words, Reagan was just dealing with the mess left behind from the beginning of Dick Nixon's reign as President. By your logic that inflation was not Jimmy's fault - the economic recession of the late nineteen eighties that drove George HW Bush out of office was.

EDIT: Sorry if the "by your logic" thing came across as sarcastic. I've read the same thing about economic impact.

We feel that our cause is just and holy; we protest solemnly in the face of mankind that we desire peace at any sacrifice save that of honour and independence; we ask no conquest, no aggrandizement, no concession of any kind from the States with which we were lately confederated; all we ask is to be let alone; that those who never held power over us shall not now attempt our subjugation by arms.

'President Jefferson Davis - 29 April 1861'

Im not

He was a GREAT president,Your just looking at it wrong.
He paved the way for the entire right wing corporate agenda.
I believe he was handpicked by the NWO to be put in the scapegoats seat so that the neo-cons could take power ...

It was a brilliant Coup on the part of the right wing extremists. By using the absolute WORST lame duck
President EVER IN HISTORY the American people were BEGGING for the neocon Ronnie Big Boy reagan agenda

It was all orchestrated brilliantly by the NWO/PNAC
TRI-LATS, and the C.F.R and FEMA and of course the corporate Might of american capitalism. Carter is the reason we are where we are today he so soured America on the democratic agenda that they wouldnt touch the left for many years afterwards

Clinton was used in the Same exact manner. what you need to realize is that there is NO speration of party any longer.all the same underlying agenda. thats what makes the peanut farmer great. That and his ferverent support of Habitat fo humanity

He has a good heart and soul he was USED by the machine like clinton and 9-11, to further the imperialistic agenda of the corporate military structure. I know all about iran in 79

alot more than many if not ,Most of you all
I was aboard a us Aircraft carrier in the I.O. the entire time

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON! Sure he got a B.J., but his job performance was undenyable! Every genuis has a skeleton in the closet: Van Goh's ear, Clinton's B.J.

WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON! Sure he got a B.J., but his job performance was undenyable! Every genuis has a skeleton in the closet: Van Goh's ear, Clinton's B.J.
Well yeah WJC was not bad. I can think of far worse like Jimmy Carter. However, I do question his intellect at times. I mean.....Monica Lewinsky? At least JFK was connected to Marilyn Monroe. However, we got the phrase "getting a monica" from slick willie. Why do I hear cow bells when I remember Monica? :D
Also, "depends on what your definition of "is" is". Priceless

-Castle

Werbung:
Im not

He was a GREAT president,Your just looking at it wrong.
He paved the way for the entire right wing corporate agenda.
I believe he was handpicked by the NWO to be put in the scapegoats seat so that the neo-cons could take power ...

It was a brilliant Coup on the part of the right wing extremists. By using the absolute WORST lame duck
President EVER IN HISTORY the American people were BEGGING for the neocon Ronnie Big Boy reagan agenda

It was all orchestrated brilliantly by the NWO/PNAC
TRI-LATS, and the C.F.R and FEMA and of course the corporate Might of american capitalism. Carter is the reason we are where we are today he so soured America on the democratic agenda that they wouldnt touch the left for many years afterwards

Clinton was used in the Same exact manner. what you need to realize is that there is NO speration of party any longer.all the same underlying agenda. thats what makes the peanut farmer great. That and his ferverent support of Habitat fo humanity

He has a good heart and soul he was USED by the machine like clinton and 9-11, to further the imperialistic agenda of the corporate military structure. I know all about iran in 79

alot more than many if not ,Most of you all
I was aboard a us Aircraft carrier in the I.O. the entire time

Do you prefer RokerijAxis or Abraxisdude?

Back