Best president?

Werbung:
Really kind of hard to say who was absolutely the "best" president, because our nation has gone through a lot of major events, and who's to say that a different president may or may not have handled a certain situation better that the guy in the "hot seat" at the time?

While not my first choice, I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Franklin D. Roosevelt. Social Security was enacted during his administration, to mention just one of the many pieces of New Deal legislation that changed our nation, for better or worse. Then, he led us through World War Two, which pretty much saved his reputation.

My personal pick is Reagan.

I think John F. Kennedy would have made a wonderful president, but his life was taken too soon and for what reason. I don't think we as United States citizens should have been denied the information in the capsule.

Teddy Roosevelt.
He set aside land so future illegal immigrants could throw dirty baby diapers in the rivers of our national parks, and ***** about how we stole the land.

Oh yeah, he also said "The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities. "

Gosh, could that really happen?

holi0016.gif

John Fitzgerald Kennedy - I saw him go by right before he was assassinated. :(

holi0016.gif

John Fitzgerald Kennedy - I saw him go by right before he was assassinated. :(

Dang, that must have been really sad. I was born about the time he was killed, but when I have seen the clip of it, it was sad for me. It had to be a whole lot worse if you were there.

My sister told me that they told everyone at school over the intercom. I don't think they would do that today. (And I don’t mean because people don’t like Bush) just because they would be afraid of the kids having trauma

There is no best president! There's only the matter of finding out which one did the least damage!!!!!!!

I like Reagan. I listened to some of his old speeches the other day and they are unbelievable. If you are going to listed to him, I would listen to the one where he was sworn in as president.

Carter was almost beyond a doubt the worst president - his only competition imo would be woodrow wilson. The echoes of Carter's disastrous policies are affecting us even today with the credit crisis. Washington and Lincoln were undoubtedly the best - the former was the indespensable man in the creation of the republic, and Lincoln saved the union.

George Washington in my personal opinion. He had the respect of his peers, guided the nation with dignity during it's most fragile time in history. Voluntarily leaving office, when quite obviously he could have stayed as long as he desired.

Werbung:
George Washington in my personal opinion. He had the respect of his peers, guided the nation with dignity during it's most fragile time in history. Voluntarily leaving office, when quite obviously he could have stayed as long as he desired.

Well do recall that it was Washington that also blew the Senate off on any treaty making responsibilities they were supposed to have.

But I agree, he was a good one.

Back