1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Biden doesn't know what the VP does!!!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Carpenter, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

PALIN PUNKED BIDEN BUT THE LAMESTREAM MEDIA COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO MENTION IT!

2. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

"Stand up Chuck!" - Biden

3. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

Thank you Mr. Carpenter. Well done.

4. top gun

top gun New Member

The only thing you got right was that Senator Biden cited Article 1 and not Article 2.

Your argument goes to fallacy that the Vice President isn't a full member of the executive branch which he is. This was quite simply just something cooked up by Cheney to try an shield his documents from public scrutiny.

The interpreting of the rules is not same as passing legislation. Interpreting the rules is merely a procedural matter. From a legislative standpoint (actual voting rights) the VP is only there to break ties.

To in any reasonable persons dreams imagine that Sarah Palin... Sara Palin actual has one 10th the knowledge of or Federal level is preposterous. She's was a short time mayor of a town about one 10th the size of any halfway major city and a 20 month Governor of a state with the half the population of the county I live in.

To say she's completely unqualified would be an understatement. To say she's a good joke would be the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7pV921NSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTcyO7bUD2U

5. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

I would strongly suggest you do some basic research before you start prattling on about things you know nothing about. Aside from the fact that the Constitution CLEARLY states that the Vice President is the President of the Senate (which makes him a part of the LEGISLATIVE Branch), the Vice Presidents pay check is cut from the LEGISLATIVE budget, not the Executive, which means that the government itself recognizes the fact that the Vice President is in fact a member of the LEGISLATIVE branch and NOT the Executive.

It would seem that you're far more ignorant in Civics than Biden is.

And next I suppose you're going to say that a Supreme Court ruling on what the Constitution says is merely a "procedural matter".:rolleyes:

The only "joke" is your boy Obama, who doesn't even have as much experience as Palin does. :eek:

6. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

My pleasure.

7. top gun

top gun New Member

The Vice President is elected with the President into the Executive Branch not the Legislative. The Vice President does have the additional side responsibility of being President of the Senate of which we've already discussed his very limited responsibility of breaking ties when and if they come up.

I believe we saw the courts order that all of Cheney's papers and correspondence had to be kept and I'm confident that they will be forced to be released as any papers in the Executive Branch are.

Well my friend that dog ain't hunting wth the American people!

Just out...

CBS NEWS POLL 10/14/08

OBAMA 53%

McCain a miniscule 39%

8. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

oh I like Joe Biden, he is sweet

Maybe he just has a different opinion on what a vp does

9. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

Since Dick Cheney took office, I'm not sure anyone knows what the vice-president does.

10. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

And you still insist on showing your glaring ignorance of the American system. Are you sure you're not Korean? The Presidential candidate of each party SELECTS their Vice President, but the Vice President is NOT "elected", the President IS, and you get the Vice President like the prize in a box of Cracker Jack.

I've place my vote, informing my representatives in the Electoral College which PRESIDENT I wanted to have elected, but I've NEVER cast a ballot for the Vice President.

You also appear to be equally ignorant of how the Presidential Records Act works. ALL records are automatically sealed for 5 years, and can be sealed, at the request of the President or the Vice President for an additional 7 years, which means that, at a minimum, it'll be 2021 before anybody sees anything of those records. Even after that, any documents dealing with National Security can be sealed for an additional 50 or 75 years at the discretion of the government.

As to the courts activities, it's an injunction by a District Court Judge, in a civil proceeding, and that BS can be trumped with the stroke of a pen by the President (which I'm hoping he does, just to jam a stick in the eye of vindictive little jerks like you).

11. top gun

top gun New Member

Your Cracker Jack knowledge is amusing. :D

Well that's not what Cheney and you are saying. You're saying the VP records fall under no such Act because the VP is in the legislature. Come on now... make up your mind.:D

Why would President Obama do that?:D

12. Mr. Carpenter

Mr. Carpenter New Member

It would be nice if you had THAT much.

Just becuase you're entirely too dense to follow along doesn't mean that I don't know what I'm talking about. The VP's records, that are DIRECTLY RELATED to his duties as they relate to the Executive Branch, as in cases where the VP makes a visit to a foreign country on behalf of the President, ARE part of those records, it's the rest of them, meaning the vast MAJORITY of them that are NOT covered by the Act.

The monkey boy isn't President, GHW Bush is, and it's HIS signature I'm waiting for.