Biden Greenlights Israeli Attack

BigRob

Vice-President Biden told ABC news that " The United States cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do. Israel can determine for itself — it’s a sovereign nation — what’s in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else.”

President Obama followed this statement up by stating "I think Vice President Biden stated a categorical fact, which is we can’t dictate to other countries what their security interests are.” He also stated that in no way was he giving a green light to Israel to strike Iran.

This seems to beg the question of what is the Administrations actual policy toward Israel and Iran? They cannot seem to get it together. It also raises the issue of if the United States does not dictate to other countries what their security interests are, then how exactly do we get a say in "green lighting" anything that Israel does in regards to Iran, something the President seemed to indicate we had the power to do?

Werbung:
They better take this chance, before Iran get's a working bomb.

Vice-President Biden told ABC news that " The United States cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do. Israel can determine for itself — it’s a sovereign nation — what’s in their interest and what they decide to do relative to Iran and anyone else.”

President Obama followed this statement up by stating "I think Vice President Biden stated a categorical fact, which is we can’t dictate to other countries what their security interests are.” He also stated that in no way was he giving a green light to Israel to strike Iran.

This seems to beg the question of what is the Administrations actual policy toward Israel and Iran? They cannot seem to get it together. It also raises the issue of if the United States does not dictate to other countries what their security interests are, then how exactly do we get a say in "green lighting" anything that Israel does in regards to Iran, something the President seemed to indicate we had the power to do?

Biden's caving, as do the politicians of both parties, when it comes to Israel.

Oh, we shouldn't dictate to Israel despite the fact that we give them billions yearly in military aid...but you can be sure a different tune will be sung come North Korea, Iran or any other country the US doesn't approve of.

It's just complete and utter hypocrisy..

Last I checked Israel was its own nation, and no we cant tell it what it should. we can recomend, we can say we will punish them, but we cant just flat out tell them what they can and cant do to protect themself. As much as we may wish, its not like its the president talking to the gov of a state about use of armed forces.

regardless what we say, if Israel feels it has to attack Iran , it will. I dont think knowing these basic facts = giving a green light.

Biden's caving, as do the politicians of both parties, when it comes to Israel.

Oh, we shouldn't dictate to Israel despite the fact that we give them billions yearly in military aid...but you can be sure a different tune will be sung come North Korea, Iran or any other country the US doesn't approve of.

being able to push strongly what our views are and what actions we think are in the best interest...vs tell them what to do, as if we are power over them...are not the same.

I think its very clear you have no idea the risks of such a attack. Its the kind of , just go bomb them talk that normaly comes from people who never served, but have no problem sending others to die for them...

There are risks in everything. Trying to see it from Israel's perspective, from my limited understanding of the situation, it would seem far more risky to wait until Iran had a nuclear weapon, than to bomb the hell out of their nuclear plants now.

You would disagree?

I do not think that Vice President Joe Biden or Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are on board with obama when it comes to Israel or Iran or North Korea.

What countries are openly and daily calling for NK or Iran to be "Wiped off the map"?

What countries are openly and daily calling for the people living in NK and Iran to be "Pushed into the ocean"?

Which countries chant "Death to Iran!" or "Death to North Korea!" during political rallies?

I think you should go visit Iran, preach to them about their treatment of Gays and women then denigrate their religion, like you do Christianity, while touting the intellectual superiority of Atheism... You can finish your trip by doing an impression of Daniel Pearl!

There are risks in everything. Trying to see it from Israel's perspective, from my limited understanding of the situation, it would seem far more risky to wait until Iran had a nuclear weapon, than to bomb the hell out of their nuclear plants now.

You would disagree?

My issue is thats your first and only choice it seems...and its a choice that I am 100% ends in alot of dead people in Israel...and most likey a full war.

My issue is thats your first and only choice it seems...and its a choice that I am 100% ends in alot of dead people in Israel...and most likey a full war.

I suppose is Israel asked really politely for Iran to not make a nuclear bomb, that this would work when international UN resolutions did not?

Last time Israel did a raid to prevent I believe Iraq from making a nuclear bomb, the result wasn't a full scale war.

Again, what it your suggestion?

I am not sure a strike on Iran would result in dead Israelis, at this point I think the main result would be more dead Americans, and as well an energy price spikes and an increase in funding to terror groups.

Werbung:
I suppose is Israel asked really politely for Iran to not make a nuclear bomb, that this would work when international UN resolutions did not?

Last time Israel did a raid to prevent I believe Iraq from making a nuclear bomb, the result wasn't a full scale war.

Again, what it your suggestion?

In fairness, the comparisons between the Iranian and Iraqi nuclear programs really end at the point that they are both nuclear programs. The Iraqi program was nowhere near as spread out and protected as the current Iranian sites are. Not to mention, the West does not even know the location of many of the sites.

The real question is this? What do you gain by attacking? Do you ensure a slow down in the program? The answer is "we do not know." So, for a policy maker you have to decide between how Iran can respond (and it can respond) and what you gain, which at this point is an "I don't know."

Back