Biden lies about being shot at in Iraq. Media bias

XCALIDEM

Unlike Clinton, Biden Gets Pass for Saying He Was 'Shot At' in Iraq
When Hillary Clinton told a tall tale about "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, she was accused of "inflating her war experience" by Barack Obama's campaign -- but the campaign has been silent about Joe Biden telling his own questionable story about being "shot at" in Iraq.
By Bill Sammon

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Hillary Clinton told a tall tale about "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, she was accused of "inflating her war experience" by rival Democrat Barack Obama's campaign.

But the campaign has been silent about Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, telling his own questionable story about being "shot at" in Iraq.

"Let's start telling the truth," Biden said during a presidential primary debate sponsored by YouTube last year. "Number one, you take all the troops out - you better have helicopters ready to take those 3,000 civilians inside the Green Zone, where I have been seven times and shot at. You better make sure you have protection for them, or let them die."

But when questioned about the episode afterward by the Hill newspaper, Biden backpedaled from his claim of being "shot at" and instead allowed: "I was near where a shot landed."

The senior senator from Delaware went on to say that some sort of projectile "landed" outside a building in the Green Zone where he and another senator had spent the night during a visit in December 2005. The lawmakers were shaving in the morning when they felt the building shake, Biden said.

"No one got up and ran from the room-it wasn't that kind of thing," he told the Hill. "It's not like I had someone holding a gun to my head."

The rest of the press ignored the flap at the time because Biden was viewed as having little chance of ending up on the Democratic presidential ticket. But even after Biden was selected to be Obama's running mate last month, his claim to have been "shot at" drew no scrutiny from the same reporters who had savaged Clinton for making a similar claim that turned out to be false.

FOX News has been asking the Obama campaign for details of the alleged shooting in Iraq ever since Biden was tapped to be vice president. Biden campaign spokesman David Wade promised an answer last week, but failed to provide one.

Meanwhile, the gaffe-prone Biden has again raised eyebrows with another story about his exploits in war zones - this time in Afghanistan. Biden said he will grill Republican rival Sarah Palin in Thursday's vice presidential debate about "the superhighway of terror between Pakistan and Afghanistan where my helicopter was forced down."

"If you want to know where Al Qaeda lives, you want to know where Bin Laden is, come back to Afghanistan with me," Biden bragged to the National Guard Association. "Come back to the area where my helicopter was forced down, with a three-star general and three senators at 10,500 feet in the middle of those mountains. I can tell you where they are."

But it turns out that inclement weather, not terrorists, prompted the chopper to land in an open field during Biden's visit to Afghanistan in February. Fighter jets kept watch overhead while a convoy of security vehicles was dispatched to retrieve Biden and fellow Senators Chuck Hagel and John Kerry.

"We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to," joked Kerry, a Democrat, to the AP. "Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."

Biden never explicitly claimed his chopper had been forced down by terrorists. Nonetheless,

John McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said Obama-Biden officials have been less than forthcoming about Biden's dramatic war stories.

"They never explained Biden's helicopter story from last week - which is very similar to the story about getting 'shot at' in Baghdad," Rogers said.

Bill Sammon is deputy Washington managing editor for FOX News Channel.

Werbung:
Bush lied about there being WMD in Iraq and went to war on the basis of this lie.

Don't know about you but I kinda think that is ever so slightly worse don't you?

Bush lied about there being WMD in Iraq and went to war on the basis of this lie.

You are wrong again dawky. The Rockefeller report proved conclusively that there were no lies. Sorry little dawky, no lies were told accept the ones you are repeating here. *pats Dawkys head*

On the other hand, you have Biden saying "where i was shot at" now morphing to "near where a shot landed".... um..... LOL! That's FUNNY! The entire country had shots land all over. Him saying he was near where a shot landed, is like going to a dairy farm and saying a cow patty landed near here. Well DUH man! Oh made me laugh :D

Sarah Palin should say she got shot down by russians in the debate and watch the attacks fly then tell them she did it to prove they are what we say they are.

Palin "I was near where an nuclear bomb landed!" she said after visiting Japan. Liar! Liar liar liar liar! Reporters scour the enter state of Alaska searching for nuclear radiation!

Palin today claimed she was hit by an Nuclear Bomb! Reporters after searching the entire state of Alaska, found no trace of the rouge Russian Nazi H-bomb paid for by the Chi-coms....

Sorry my imagination ran away with the idea.

Sarah Palin should say she got shot down by russians in the debate and watch the attacks fly then tell them she did it to prove they are what we say they are.

CNN has become the worst network in cable now. They're so bad that they sent one of their correspondents to an island in Alaska. You can actually see Russia from there and you could throw a rock from the island and land in a russian island.

They sent this idiot there to find out if Sarah Palin had ever been there. The population there is "150" people..

Do you call this journalism? I used to watch AC360, but he's the same as the rest of them, besides he's freaking gay...:mad:

You are wrong again dawky. The Rockefeller report proved conclusively that there were no lies. Sorry little dawky, no lies were told accept the ones you are repeating here. *pats Dawkys head*

On the other hand, you have Biden saying "where i was shot at" now morphing to "near where a shot landed".... um..... LOL! That's FUNNY! The entire country had shots land all over. Him saying he was near where a shot landed, is like going to a dairy farm and saying a cow patty landed near here. Well DUH man! Oh made me laugh :D

Wow Andy you should be a school teacher, most have given up on this but you still keep trying :)

Palin "I was near where an nuclear bomb landed!" she said after visiting Japan. Liar! Liar liar liar liar! Reporters scour the enter state of Alaska searching for nuclear radiation!

Palin today claimed she was hit by an Nuclear Bomb! Reporters after searching the entire state of Alaska, found no trace of the rouge Russian Nazi H-bomb paid for by the Chi-coms....

Sorry my imagination ran away with the idea.

lol those are funny. She really should though do something to show the media for what they really are. Drooling Obama worshipers

CNN has become the worst network in cable now. They're so bad that they sent one of their correspondents to an island in Alaska. You can actually see Russia from there and you could throw a rock from the island and land in a russian island.

They sent this idiot there to find out if Sarah Palin had ever been there. The population there is "150" people..

Do you call this journalism? I used to watch AC360, but he's the same as the rest of them, besides he's freaking gay...:mad:

I used to live with CNN. They used to be good WAY WAY WAY Back when they first started. About ten years ago they started going down hill. I can not watch anderson cooper anymore since the day he literally said he was sorry to Obama for having to cover the following story.... the story was his church.

Thats when I just could not gag them down anymore. I wish I still had my CNN lies bumber sticker.

but no matter how bad CNN has become MS NBC is the worst network ever created by man.

Wow Andy you should be a school teacher, most have given up on this but you still keep trying :)

There are two kinds of posts here, to me. One type I can learn or respond to. The other... just for humor. I have no hope for Dawky at all. I'm just enjoying the humor of him :)

CNN, in doing that was no doubt responding to Palin's ridiculous assertion of being in possession of foreign policy experience because she can see Russia.

BTW, for someone who claims they are a Democrat (though no active Democrat on this board believes it) it's rather telling that you would show a homophobic side of yourself.

CNN, in doing that was no doubt responding to Palin's ridiculous assertion of being in possession of foreign policy experience because she can see Russia.

BTW, for someone who claims they are a Democrat (though no active Democrat on this board believes it) it's rather telling that you would show a homophobic side of yourself.

do democrats normally hide the homophobic side of their self :)

Werbung:
do democrats normally hide the homophobic side of their self :)

You'll have to direct that question to other Democrats because honestly I don't have a homophobic side. One of the major tenets of the Democratic party is to avoid belittling someone because of their sexual identity, suspected or otherwise. I don't know whether Anderson Cooper is gay or not but I hardly see the relevance.

Back