Bill Clinton's speech

Popeye

Our finest modern day president just gave a rousing endorsement of Barack Obama. It brought back great memories hearing him remind the Republicans that he remains the big dog. Some of the best moments:

"Barack Obama is ready to lead America and to restore American leadership in the world. Barack Obama is ready to honor the oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Barack Obama is ready to be President of the United States."

"Most important of all Barack Obama knows we cannot be strong abroad unless we are first strong at home."

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than the example of our power."

"My fellow Americans, America can do better that, and Barack Obama will do better than that. But first we have to elect him! The choice is clear. The Republicans in a few days will nominate a good man....but on the two great questions of this election -- how to rebuild the American dream, and how to restore America's leadership in the world -- he still embraces the extreme philosophy that has defined his party for more than 25 years."

"They actually want us to reward them for the last eight years by giving them by four more. Let's send them a simple message -- thanks, but no thanks. In this case, the third time is not the charm."

"It did not work in 1992 because we were on the right side of history, and it will not work in 2008 because Barack Obama is on the right side of history."

Thanks Bill.

Werbung:
"For example, you're a voter, and you have Candidate X and Candidate Y," Clinton riffed. "Candidate X agrees with you on everything. But you don't think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues, but you believe that, on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver. For whom will you vote?"

Thanks Bill. :)

Our finest modern day president...

BLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH :D HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE :p YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA :) HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE HA HA HEEE HEEEEEEEE GIGGLE CHORTLE GIGGLE YAAAAA HEEE HEE HARRR YUK CACKLE

"For example, you're a voter, and you have Candidate X and Candidate Y," Clinton riffed. "Candidate X agrees with you on everything. But you don't think that person can deliver on anything. Candidate Y disagrees with you on half the issues, but you believe that, on the other half, the candidate will be able to deliver. For whom will you vote?"

Thanks Bill. :)

hehe but he said he wasnt talking about "this" election :)

Mrs. Clinton did not waver, she never endorsed Obama the man, just the nominee and the party. she refused to cave.

But remember Bill is differnt, what is the meaing of IS?

if Bill says he has the judgement to lead, he didnt say where to, it could be straight to hell for all he knew but he could get away with saying he has the judgement to lead... and feel like its not a lie yet he doesnt beleive it because its what is the def. of the word kind of game.

hehe but he said he wasnt talking about "this" election :)

Mrs. Clinton did not waver, she never endorsed Obama the man, just the nominee and the party. she refused to cave.

But remember Bill is differnt, what is the meaing of IS?

if Bill says he has the judgement to lead, he didnt say where to, it could be straight to hell for all he knew but he could get away with saying he has the judgement to lead... and feel like its not a lie yet he doesnt beleive it because its what is the def. of the word kind of game.

Your picking at this and that reveals but one thing...you know Bill Clinton gave a dynamite speech tonight. He even exceeded my expectations, the old Clinton charisma was back. Just compare the big dog to the mealy mouthed George Bush scheduled to speak at the GOP convention, good luck winning that.

Your picking at this and that reveals but one thing...you know Bill Clinton gave a dynamite speech tonight. He even exceeded my expectations, the old Clinton charisma was back. Just compare the big dog to the mealy mouthed George Bush scheduled to speak at the GOP convention, good luck winning that.

I know better than to ever under estimate a Clinton, he did give a great speech. He always does and I never said he didn't. In absolute fact it was you and others on this forum that will go un-named that bashed the Clintons like they were repubican street trash UNTIL they did what YOU wanted them to do.

I like Bill and Hillary the same now as I did before. I was not threatened when they wanted something differnt than me, and I didnt bash them for it.

IT IS NOT ME who now all the sudden praises them because they got in line like good sheep.

I am re watching his speech, I cought something

he said WITH JOE BIDENS EXPERIENCE, Obama is ready to lead.

so i retract what i thought about him caving to his true feelings, he was crafty enough to be able to help Obama with out saying something he doesnt believe.

He is ready BECAUSE of his VP

But he was as clear on one thing as Biden was,

we cant possibly make it without Obama. Without obama we are just a scum sucking country who the world hates, but with Obama we can actually be something worth while

wow....... Pelosi was right, surely god did give us Obama

hell by the end of his first 4 years we wont even need a god, because we will have all realized we have the lord obama

Great speech by President Bill Clinton!!!!!

Great speech by President Bill Clinton!!!!!

I am a little unsure what people were expecting... did anyone expect Bill to come out and not endorse Obama? He could have done that, but if he did it is the end of him in the democratic party pretty much.

I am a little unsure what people were expecting... did anyone expect Bill to come out and not endorse Obama? He could have done that, but if he did it is the end of him in the democratic party pretty much.

I think some people were expecting that. He has not been as supportive as he could have been all through this.

Even in this speech he said that McCain is a great man and basically that his only flaw is that he is a member of the Republican party. (yet we all know that McCain is more Dem than Rep)

Throughout the speech the best he really said is that Obama is ready. It is obvious he likes Obama because Obama is a democrat. He never said that Obama is the best man for the job (he even said that Hillary is still his candidate) he just admitted that Obama is the man that the party has chosen.

All in all this speech comes pretty close to one that could have been better delivered on March 1st.

And why not? If McCain is elected then Sen. Clinton has another chance in 4 years. If Obama is elected she will never get a reasonable chance. Anything could happen between now and the election.

Our finest modern day president just gave a rousing endorsement of Barack Obama. It brought back great memories hearing him remind the Republicans that he remains the big dog. Some of the best moments:

"Barack Obama is ready to lead America and to restore American leadership in the world. Barack Obama is ready to honor the oath to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. Barack Obama is ready to be President of the United States."

"Most important of all Barack Obama knows we cannot be strong abroad unless we are first strong at home."

"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than the example of our power."

"My fellow Americans, America can do better that, and Barack Obama will do better than that. But first we have to elect him! The choice is clear. The Republicans in a few days will nominate a good man....but on the two great questions of this election -- how to rebuild the American dream, and how to restore America's leadership in the world -- he still embraces the extreme philosophy that has defined his party for more than 25 years."

"They actually want us to reward them for the last eight years by giving them by four more. Let's send them a simple message -- thanks, but no thanks. In this case, the third time is not the charm."

"It did not work in 1992 because we were on the right side of history, and it will not work in 2008 because Barack Obama is on the right side of history."

Thanks Bill.

He's like the designated hitter!

President Clinton did rock the house. I thought they were never going to quit cheering and let him speak. They actually had to bump Governor Richardson's speech to tonight because of the almost 4 minutes of cheering at the beginning.

President Clinton did just what I said he'd do. He came out early & often during his speech for Senator Obama. He and his wife both classed out BIG TIME at this Convention.

It will be great to see America back again with an Obama Presidency caring about deficits. One that has a real (not just political theater) diplomatic group and puts the regular working guy and gal & their families first again!

Can't wait to see the BIG DOG HUNT tonight at Mile High Stadium! There's a HUGE rally to watch Senator Obama's acceptance speech tonight at the Oval at The Ohio State University... estimating 3000 people.

I'm going to a smaller watch party at a restaurant close to my home (I'll be doing a little drinkin' :) wife will be driving just plain having a great time... expecting up to 100 in & out there.

CNN is reporting that the Obama camp issued around 20,000 to many tickets to the speech tonight, and people will start being turned away.

That will make for some angry democrats, especially if they happen to be Hillary supporters ;)

Werbung:
CNN is reporting that the Obama camp issued around 20,000 to many tickets to the speech tonight, and people will start being turned away.

That will make for some angry democrats, especially if they happen to be Hillary supporters ;)

That won't be a problem for John McSame. He could hold his convention in a phone booth and still have room.

Back