Bill Gates: I don't pay enough tax

The poor pay all sorts of tax

Any goods that are sold with tax as part of their price tax the purchaser and in a totally regressive way

Gen was of course talking about (as he stated) the federal income tax -- not "tax".

And if 47% of Americans pay no tax you should be ashamed as it is because they are one or more of the following

Out of work
Paid very low wages
Crooked

Or -- it could be because of actual factors and not hyper partisan BS -- such as:

1. a progressive rate structure and a standard deduction;
  2. the Earned Income Tax Credit, which significantly reduces tax liability for the lowest earners;
  3. the per-child tax credit, which significantly reduces tax liability for low- and moderate-income families with kids.
Interesting blog on the topic.

Werbung:
You are reinforcing my point by stating it us due to their poverty

Thanks

According to the data -- in 2008 a family of 4 (2 kids) could earn $56,000 a year and owe no taxes. This was due to the stimulus kickbacks -- but the threshold remains over $50,000 a year in income and no federal tax bill.

The 2011 poverty guidleines for a family of 4 in 2011 was $22,000 a year....so no, it is in fact not related to their "poverty."

So you are saying that a family of four on an income of 50,000 USD legally pays no income tax in the US?

I am saying that the nonpartisan Tax Foundation has measured the top nonpayer threshold. This is the highest income taxpayer that owes no income taxes, setting aside unusual tax situations. (from the link -- I can get it from the Tax Foundation site instead if you would rather)

So yes -- I am (along with a respected Think Tank) stating that in the United States a family of four that earns $50,000 a year will owe nothing in federal income taxes.

Yet again we see the poor defending the rights of the rich

Look how angry the poor get when, on rare occasions the rich want to look after the poor

If that isn't stupid I don't know what is

In the uk anyone earning over 150k pays 50% tax which is good

The problem is that the rich don't pay themselves much in terms of wages against which this tax is levied.

Rather they take dividends etc. They also go to great lengths to evade tax

The point about the royal family is ludicrous.

The royal family is not a representative example and in any case the whole lot of them should be deported to tHe US where they can mix with other interbred religious right wing idiots
Man your angry..how did we get on the interbred religious right wing ... I’m gonna coin a new politically correct word.Christophobia: The irrational fear and often violent reaction of a person against those who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ, Yep, Christophobia. Good one, huh?
Christophobes can be identified by their undisguised hatred and disdain of true, Bible believing Christians.They are repulsed at a knee jerk, visceral level at the gentleness, purity and unnaturally loving nature of the real Christian and feel the need to deride and mock their lifestyle and values.

Yet again we see the poor defending the rights of the rich

Look how angry the poor get when, on rare occasions the rich want to look after the poor

If that isn't stupid I don't know what is

In the uk anyone earning over 150k pays 50% tax which is good

The problem is that the rich don't pay themselves much in terms of wages against which this tax is levied.

Rather they take dividends etc. They also go to great lengths to evade tax

The point about the royal family is ludicrous.

The royal family is not a representative example and in any case the whole lot of them should be deported to tHe US where they can mix with other interbred religious right wing idiots
Man you are an agry guy/girl..how did we get to intertbred religious right wing CHRISTOPHOBIA The irrational fear and often violent reaction of a person against those who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ, trusting entirely on Him for the cleansing of sin and reconciliation to the Father in heaven.Yep, Christophobia. Good one, huh?
Christophobes can be identified by their undisguised hatred and disdain of true, Bible believing Christians.They are repulsed at a knee jerk, visceral level at the gentleness, purity and unnaturally loving nature of the real Christian and feel the need to deride and mock their lifestyle and values.

Man your angry..how did we get on the interbred religious right wing ... I’m gonna coin a new politically correct word.Christophobia: The irrational fear and often violent reaction of a person against those who have given their hearts to Jesus Christ, Yep, Christophobia. Good one, huh?

apt b ut Daw may best be described as an anti-theist since he claims any and all religions to be equally bad.

Werbung:
Very even handed, thanks

I think it fair to say also that fear of Christianity is not irrational

There are hundreds of thousands of charred corpses, many sexually abused boys and girls, thousands of AIDS babies etc who would probably agree.

Back