Birthers almost all from the South

Popeye

Amazing, but not unexpected...after all the South's roots are steeped in racism. It also remains the last geographical area in which wingnut conspiracy theories continue to take hold.

birthers.png

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_07/019306.php

Werbung:
Sooooo, You're in Washington. What people in the South think is none of your business.
Or do you think you have a right to tell other Americans how to think? They can complain about whatever they want, just like you can. If you find this isn't the case, please advise, "cause I'd like to come down like a ton of bricks on the folks in Mass., New York, and the entire leftist east coast.

Solution: Stay in Washington.

Sooooo, You're in Washington. What people in the South think is none of your business.
Or do you think you have a right to tell other Americans how to think? They can complain about whatever they want, just like you can. If you find this isn't the case, please advise, "cause I'd like to come down like a ton of bricks on the folks in Mass., New York, and the entire leftist east coast.

Solution: Stay in Washington.

And where are you located? Oh, I see, you're either too afraid or too ashamed to let your location be known.

Btw, considering the South is part of the same country my state is located in, what they say, do, particularly how they vote, is most definitely my business.

I'll suggest different parts of the country have had their moments when it comes to believing or not believing issues of the day. There was a poll in New England back in the late 60's that asked, "Do you believe that Ted Kennedy's accident at Chappaquiddick was a conservative conspiracy." 40% of the people answered "yes". The west coast has had their fair share of belief systems that went the way of the dodo bird too.

IMHO...I believe that when people feel as if their aren't any good options they tend to get defensive and then reach for whatever weapons they can, right or wrong. Maybe we should work harder, as a whole country, to offer better options for our elected leadership...I can't believe Obama, McCain, Biden, and Palin were the best we had to offer. I won't believe that Pelosi, Frank, Reid, and Dodd are the best we have to offer Congress. Come on people let's fight back with some candidates who have our best interest at heart.

Amazing, but not unexpected...after all the South's roots are steeped in racism. It also remains the last geographical area in which wingnut conspiracy theories continue to take hold.

birthers.png

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_07/019306.php

Why do you allude that someone questioning whether he was born in the US or not makes them a racist?

Nothing in the poll you posted has anything to do with race, so why do you continue to bring race into the picture?

I can agree with that, BigRob, but the chart does demonstrate that the South is out of sync with the rest of the nation on the Birther issue, for whatever reasons. Porobably because it is a more Conservative area, perhaps. Why do you think the South feels differently about this issue?

And where are you located? Oh, I see, you're either too afraid or too ashamed to let your location be known.

oooh I'm afraid.......

Read my introduction if you're curious.

Btw, considering the South is part of the same country my state is located in, what they say, do, particularly how they vote, is most definitely my business.

Ditto for them. They don't like the way you vote either, I'm sure. Lol.

I can agree with that, BigRob, but the chart does demonstrate that the South is out of sync with the rest of the nation on the Birther issue, for whatever reasons. Porobably because it is a more Conservative area, perhaps. Why do you think the South feels differently about this issue?

I would wager there are some people upset that he won the election and are grasping for anything in some attempt to make his victory illegitimate. I would guess that group is the minority however.

Everyone I have spoken to that questions where he was born does so on the grounds that the precedent established by not showing he was born here conclusively is in effect kicking the Constitution out the window.

Now, I am of the opinion that the issue has already been proven and ought to be put to rest, but I think the notion that a majority of people continue the issue on the ground of race is ridiculous.

Further, I think this poll does not really show much of anything because from the link it is impossible to determine how many of those in the South questioning his birth are Republicans, Democrats, or other. While many of the Southern states did go red, the President got millions of votes down there as well. Further, I want to see how the regions were defined.

Why do you allude that someone questioning whether he was born in the US or not makes them a racist?

Nothing in the poll you posted has anything to do with race, so why do you continue to bring race into the picture?

Because the pattern of attacks on Obama smells of racism. Of course attacking his policies and all that is fine, but with many of the attacks, the trivial E-mail chain letter type of attacks...there is a undercurrent of racism. The he is a terrorist, he is Muslim, he is not realy American.....they all seem more like a cover for the real fear...he is not white. Arrest last week, with idiots like Glen Beck crying He has a Deep seeded Hate of Whites.....( 75 sec later though..." I am not saying he does not like white people" ) They know that just saying we dont like him because he is black, makes them look bad, so these are just the cover attacks. I think this is the true face of racism today overall, the hidden racism, thats there, but people choose to think is something else or look away....gone are the days ( ok not gone, but less) where the racist would just say I hate N****...but the racism did not go away.

What you don't admit, is that racism is alive and well in the black community. You justify it.

Because the pattern of attacks on Obama smells of racism. Of course attacking his policies and all that is fine, but with many of the attacks, the trivial E-mail chain letter type of attacks...there is a undercurrent of racism. The he is a terrorist, he is Muslim, he is not realy American.....they all seem more like a cover for the real fear...he is not white.

He is Muslim... nothing to do with race.
He is a terrorist....nothing to do with race.
He is not an American.... nothing to do with race.

You yourself state it "seems" it has undercurrents of race. Perhaps that is simply your own bias being read in? While those emails sound moronic, I fail to see how calling him a terrorist Muslim anti-American has anything to do with race.

Arrest last week, with idiots like Glen Beck crying He has a Deep seeded Hate of Whites.....( 75 sec later though..." I am not saying he does not like white people" ) They know that just saying we dont like him because he is black, makes them look bad, so these are just the cover attacks. I think this is the true face of racism today overall, the hidden racism, thats there, but people choose to think is something else or look away....gone are the days ( ok not gone, but less) where the racist would just say I hate N****...but the racism did not go away.

If Glen Beck does indeed hate black people (and I have no idea if he does or not) does that mean anyone else does? Does it even mean his listeners do? I am sure many people listen to him that do not share his views on everything. For example, I disagree with the President on a lot of issues, but I continue to listen to what he has to say.

Sure there is racism in this country, but there racism between all groups, not simply white on black.

I would wager there are some people upset that he won the election and are grasping for anything in some attempt to make his victory illegitimate. I would guess that group is the minority however.

Everyone I have spoken to that questions where he was born does so on the grounds that the precedent established by not showing he was born here conclusively is in effect kicking the Constitution out the window.

Now, I am of the opinion that the issue has already been proven and ought to be put to rest, but I think the notion that a majority of people continue the issue on the ground of race is ridiculous.

Further, I think this poll does not really show much of anything because from the link it is impossible to determine how many of those in the South questioning his birth are Republicans, Democrats, or other. While many of the Southern states did go red, the President got millions of votes down there as well. Further, I want to see how the regions were defined.

well a few things that could add do this poll...

1. Texas, ( who so far, is still in the US despite retards in office there's ideas) is a state where many of those signing onto the bill that says all presidents much show proof of birth in US...I belive it also scored very high in polls saying how many felt Obama was a Muslim....Side note this state gave us Bush....just saying.....

2. 58% of Republicans in a new poll said they 1 think he was not born in the US, or 2 have doubts that he was still. If you take into effect the South has the most red states, and is the deepest red of the red states for the most part....and then look at how many in the south think this birther crap is real ( e-mail fwds are as good as reading the news right? ) it could be that this area just has a huge amount of birthers, and thus republicans in the rest of the nation ( who are also I would suspect more moderate) are sane and actuly look at this like, my god , my party is now full of crazy people....

3. The South should just join Texas anyway...go away, we had a good run, but the marrige is not working for me anymore...I would be fine with the midwest and NEast and west coast

He is Muslim... nothing to do with race.
He is a terrorist....nothing to do with race.
He is not an American.... nothing to do with race.

You yourself state it "seems" it has undercurrents of race. Perhaps that is simply your own bias being read in? While those emails sound moronic, I fail to see how calling him a terrorist Muslim anti-American has anything to do with race.

If Glen Beck does indeed hate black people (and I have no idea if he does or not) does that mean anyone else does? Does it even mean his listeners do? I am sure many people listen to him that do not share his views on everything. For example, I disagree with the President on a lot of issues, but I continue to listen to what he has to say.

Sure there is racism in this country, but there racism between all groups, not simply white on black.

Do you think if he was white they would be saying he is a secret Muslim? no
Do you think if he was white, they would be claiming he was realy born in ( insert random Euro nation)
Do you think its likey they would have screemed he is a terroist and off with is head at rallies...if he was white? I don't.

Maybe it is something else, and yes of course it could be my own bias in how i view it, but I sense alot of racism behind it. maybe its just they are all retarded...not that that would make me think any better of them. They are just like the people who cry 9-11 was planned by the Jews...Or Bush...retarded and lacking any basic facts...problem is, the Republican party does not seem to want to put out the flames, they would rather fan them a bit. When there was that quick thing about McCain not being born in the US ( I belive came out just after the Obama stuff but could be wrong ...Dems and others shot them down is idiots...and silenced them....republicans just let the people rant , and sit back and watch.

in the end, its the moderates in the party who will pay the price.

well a few things that could add do this poll...

1. Texas, ( who so far, is still in the US despite retards in office there's ideas) is a state where many of those signing onto the bill that says all presidents much show proof of birth in US...I belive it also scored very high in polls saying how many felt Obama was a Muslim....Side note this state gave us Bush....just saying.....

It is in the Constitution that a person must be a natural born citizen to become President. Why would anyone oppose someone proving that when running for President?

2. 58% of Republicans in a new poll said they 1 think he was not born in the US, or 2 have doubts that he was still. If you take into effect the South has the most red states, and is the deepest red of the red states for the most part....and then look at how many in the south think this birther crap is real ( e-mail fwds are as good as reading the news right? ) it could be that this area just has a huge amount of birthers, and thus republicans in the rest of the nation ( who are also I would suspect more moderate) are sane and actuly look at this like, my god , my party is now full of crazy people....

I think people in the South are more intelligent than they are being given credit for. Further, I know in Louisiana, growing up we were a so-called "red" state however the state legislature was D controlled, and we had a D Governor. Also, LA went for Clinton.

To me this is a vocal minority.

3. The South should just join Texas anyway...go away, we had a good run, but the marrige is not working for me anymore...I would be fine with the midwest and NEast and west coast

I read an interesting report in the Economist recently that predicted in our lifetimes (not sure how old you are so I am guessing) that the changing demographics in Texas would turn it into a blue state. So, give it 30 years and Texas could be your best friend for national elections.

Werbung:

I don't belive I said Beck Hates Blacks, though I would not be shocked to find he was not exacly comfy with them....I was talking as a general overall thing...I am sure some just are in fact dumb or just hate Obama blindly...but the overall feeling of it to me is there are many who is realy at its roots, based on racism.

Back