1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Blacks and using the race card when is convinient!!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by XCALIDEM, Dec 4, 2008.

1. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

Being a latino myself, I know that I shouldn't talk about this issue. However, it busts my balls when crap like this surfaces.

Why is it ok only when blacks make this kind of comments? I don't get it....:mad: We have lowered our standards as americans and are afraid of being called racists for going against this crap...:mad:

2. top gun

top gun New Member

I don't get your b1tch?:confused:

Blacks are a minority just as Latinos are. There's nothing wrong with wanting to see that your "minority" gets a shot at a position.

3. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

It would definitely be an outrage by all the media if a non "african american" would had make those comments.

That is why I'm *****ing...:mad:

4. oceanenvy

oceanenvy New Member

I very rarely agree with you Calidem, but I do agree with you here. It should be the best person for the job.

5. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

That would be illegal in the UK.

6. top gun

top gun New Member

Still don't get the anger myself.:)

When you are in the MINORITY you do have a slight bit more license to speak out in behalf of your cause... because you are often in a very less likely to prevail position.

This mountain out of a mole hill stuff isn't really all that helpful in a time when we really should be all working together to turn around the utter disaster of policy & now circumstance of the last 8 years.

Let's work together for a second!

7. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

lol
    Does this not prove your prejudice? I thought you were the party of unity. The party of the melting pot. The party of the color blind. Here you are saying openly that we should have someone replaced for nothing other than color. Amazing!

No, we are either all Americans, or we are not. And if you are not, you should get out. If we are all Americans, there is no "minority". calidem411 is an American. Do you understand that? He's not a "latino"... he's a red blooded American, like all of us are. He's not a poor, 'need the help of arrogant white liberals' minority. He's an American. Why is this so hard? Huh? Oh right... liberal.

8. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I will hold you to that for the next four years. ;) Further, does this mean in cities that are predominately African-American that as a white person I can rant about the plight of the white man and expect your support?

Yea, let us work together as Americans, not as white, black, or latino.

9. top gun

top gun New Member

I said I don't understand the "anger".

The fact that someone speaks out hoping to promote a minority doesn't mean they should necessarily get anything. It happens all the time in the good old boys network, always has.

It just goes without saying because they (that would be me, White male) are the majority.

10. top gun

top gun New Member

11. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

If the whole point in something is to level some playing field that has been throughly documented as being unfair... then speaking out for or a rule allowing for a counterbalance is not a slight against the ones who benefited unfairly in the past.

In the city where I grew they enacted this "fair share" program for business. It required (by law) that minority owned businesses get a certain percent of contracts awarded by the city. What this resulted in was the city having to pay higher prices to less qualified firms simply because they had to meet a quota. I have no problem with a minority owned business doing the job, provided they are the best for the job.. I do have a problem with arbitrary quotas.

Often the counterbalances are unfair themselves in their implementation.

[/quote]
    Absolutely! That doesn't mean some groups won't speak out for themselves... and I personally think it's good to show some diversity. But in the final analysis you try and pick just good qualified people. [/quote]

I agree, but when you set up these arbitrary quotas in some of these counterbalances, you in fact do you not often get the best most qualified people.

I am not sure many people think we are about to be overrun because Obama was elected. My problem with Obama has nothing to do with his skin, it has to do with his policies. If he puts out policies I agree with I will support them, if he doesn't I will oppose the policies.

12. XCALIDEM

XCALIDEM Active Member

That sounds like a racist comment...

13. rushhannity

rushhannity New Member

For one, Blacks in general don`t get along with Mexicans well.
    And who`s the frikkin minority these days?

14. rushhannity

rushhannity New Member

I`ll pull that damn race card, I`m white

15. top gun

top gun New Member

That may well be the case in some isolated instances. But I'm not arguing individual actions. I'm saying "overall" there is a credible reason at times to allow a previously discriminated against group (in law we call that the damaged party) to receive an adjustment in terms.

I think you bring up a good point but let's explore that further. If the case is that there are "qualified" but not the "most qualified" minority job candidates because of the original discrimination then if you do nothing... then that never changes.

This will and is working itself out over time. Today minorities in huge numbers go to college and advanced training programs so there are as qualified minority as majority candidates in most instances.

What I think we can both agree on is that at some point soon the playing field should be deemed as reasonably enough fair & balanced and no additional benefit should be needed by any group.

That's reasonable. But that's just you.;)

I'm not sure that as a Conservative you'll be able to fully embrace an Obama administration's policies but I can tell you this. I fully believe the country will do better than it has in the previous 8 years. That's my goal for the future.