BO becomes a recruiter in his spare time

dogtowner

Staff member
wants woman's husband's resume to help find work

hope he can deliver but I think his handlers do not understand quite what this job is. I have a friend who is one of these. its not exactly what you might guess.

During his Google+ hangout Pres. Obama tells a woman that her husband shouldn't be unemployed from the growth he has seen in the economy. Obama said he finds it "interesting" because he is getting "the word" that someone in her husband's job field "should be able to find something right away."

Obama offered to do something if she would just send him her husband's resume.

The woman wants to know why Obama is extending visas for foreigners when there is tons of demand for American jobs by Americans.

"I don't know what your husband's speciality [is], but I can tell you that there is a huge demand around the country for engineers," Obama told the woman.

"I understand that," she responded. "But how am -- given the list that you're getting, I mean we're not getting that. You said in the State of the Union address for business leaders to ask what can they do to bring jobs back to America

During the back and forth between Obama and the wife of an unemployed engineer, Obama asked for his resume.

"Can I ask you what kind of engineer your husband is?," Obama said to the wife of the unemployed engineer.

"He's a semiconductor engineer," she responded.

"It is interesting to me -- and I meant what I said if your send me your husband's resume, I'd be interested in finding out exactly what's happening right there because the word that we're getting is that somebody in that type of high-tech field, that kind of engineer, should be able to find something right away.

Werbung:
Obama said:
because the word that we're getting is that somebody in that type of high-tech field, that kind of engineer, should be able to find something right away.

It never occurs to The One that "the word he's getting" might be wrong and his policies aren't doing nearly as much good as he "thought".

Naw, no way liberalism itself could be wrong.

It never occurs to The One that "the word he's getting" might be wrong and his policies aren't doing nearly as much good as he "thought".

no question of that in general terms but his handlers heard engineer and sem iconductor and thought Silicon Valley as they don't know what they don't know.

If he fails to deliver the goods this is big artillery against him.

But for that poor guy's sake I hope something works out.

An update !

So far, Wedel’s husband Darin has been contacted by several potential employers, she said.

yay BO !

Though Wedel, a longtime Republican, said she and her husband are considering voting for Obama because they’re “unhappy” with the GOP candidates, Obama’s action this week hasn’t convinced her yet. “It’s going to take a lot more than reviewing a resume to convince me of who to vote for,” she said.

Wedel said she's disappointed that Obama appears to be listening to major corporations that want more H-1B visas for skilled foreign workers, like those she sees getting jobs that might otherwise go to jobless Americans like her husband, as he makes repeated appeals for "fairness and responsibility." Obama is pushing to expand the visa program, but Wedel said that seems to be in conflict with his goal of helping unemployed Americans get back to work. "It's really crazy to me," she said. "I don't want a double-standard president."

What matters to her now is seeing Obama take steps to help the masses of unemployed Americans. “We want to do the right thing and we want to speak for the jobless. We want to give back.”

And he cares enough to look at this specific case to figure out WHAT is going wrong (if anything!).
At least, he is willing to address one person's issue, and try to learn from it, and try to extend what he learns to twig his policies to help with high tech unemployment.

When Romney was faced with the same dilemma. .. his comment was "it's interesting!"

And he cares enough to look at this specific case to figure out WHAT is going wrong (if anything!).
At least, he is willing to address one person's issue, and try to learn from it, and try to extend what he learns to twig his policies to help with high tech unemployment.

When Romney was faced with the same dilemma. .. his comment was "it's interesting!"

from the article
Obama said he finds it "interesting"

from the article

Yes, Obama sated it was "interesting" to hear that, in spite of being in a field of work in high demand (engineering), the woman's husband had not find work.

And Romney quickly took that remark out of context, although he was arguing that his remarks of "I'm not worried about the poor," was taking out of context by the media! "Fair and balanced" again!

UPDATE: This is getting downright surreal. After Romney pleaded with reporters to acknowledge the context of his gaffe (see above), a Romney spokesperson then offered still more clarification:
“President Obama calls the plight of the unemployed ‘interesting.’ Mitt Romney calls it inexcusable.”
But incredibly, this, too, is out of context. The claim that Obama called the plight of the unemployed “interesting” is a reference to his comments to the wife of an unemployed man with an engineering degree at Monday’s Google + hangout.
There’s no denying that this was a brutal exchange for Obama. But atranscript of it shows he was not describing the “plight of the unemployed” as “interesting.” He was referring to this specific instance, noting that he was surprised that the man was having so much trouble getting work, because “the word we’re getting is that somebody in that kind of high-tech field, that kind of engineer, should be able to find something right away.”
So to recap: Romney and his aides were against context (for the ad attacking Obama) before they were for it (for his own comments about the poor) before they were against it again (for Obama’s exchange with the engineer).

By Greg Sargent | 01:41 PM ET, 02/01/2012​

Werbung:
Back