BO now throws atheists/anti-theists under the bus

dogtowner

Staff member
its all been for Jesus it seems

he seems to have forgotten "render unto Caesar..."
more at the link but you get the idea

President Barack Obama has been taking lumps from Republicans for years over his support for Wall Street and health care reform, but today at the National Prayer Breakfast he claimed support from on high to defend two of his most controversial legislative achievements.
"And so when I talk about our financial institutions playing by the same rules as folks on Main Street, when I talk about making sure insurance companies aren’t discriminating against those who are already sick, or making sure that unscrupulous lenders aren’t taking advantage of the most vulnerable among us, I do so because I genuinely believe it will make the economy stronger for everybody. But I also do it because I know that far too many neighbors in our country have been hurt and treated unfairly over the last few years, and I believe in God’s command to 'love thy neighbor as thyself.'"​
"I know the version of that Golden Rule is found in every major religion and every set of beliefs — from Hinduism to Islam to Judaism to the writings of Plato," Obama added.
The president said he often falls to his knees in prayer, and emphasized the role of his religious values in determining where to lead the country.

"I’d be remiss if I stopped there; if my values were limited to personal moments of prayer or private conversations with pastors or friends. So instead, I must try — imperfectly, but I must try — to make sure those values motivate me as one leader of this great nation."

Obama maintained that his call for the wealthiest to give up their tax breaks, he's doing so out of economic necessity, but also in line with biblical teachings.

"And I think to myself, if I’m willing to give something up as somebody who’s been extraordinarily blessed, and give up some of the tax breaks that I enjoy, I actually think that’s going to make economic sense. But for me as a Christian, it also coincides with Jesus’s teaching that 'for unto whom much is given, much shall be required,'" Obama said, noting Jewish and Islamic teachings say much the same thing.

Werbung:

Sorry, I certainly don't see that as throwing atheists or anti-theists under the bus.
I see it as demonstrating good, balanced spiritual and moral fabric. The way Obama wants to treat people doesn't come from ONE RELIGION, it comes from a deep inner belief in GOOD and in "I am my brother's keeper" that is NOT related to manmade religion, but answers directly to GOD (the universal God's) message.
And, Obama understands that, even atheists and anti-theists can (and do) have moral and spiritual values. . . they are just not based on "religious dogmas."

Sorry, I certainly don't see that as throwing atheists or anti-theists under the bus.
I see it as demonstrating good, balanced spiritual and moral fabric. The way Obama wants to treat people doesn't come from ONE RELIGION, it comes from a deep inner belief in GOOD and in "I am my brother's keeper" that is NOT related to manmade religion, but answers directly to GOD (the universal God's) message.
And, Obama understands that, even atheists and anti-theists can (and do) have moral and spiritual values. . . they are just not based on "religious dogmas."

I see you miss the point as well, the "I" in that expression refers to you (or I) the individual. not some government agency. every dollar the govt seizes is one less dollar we might employ to do what we're asked to do.

I see you miss the point as well, the "I" in that expression refers to you (or I) the individual. not some government agency. every dollar the govt seizes is one less dollar we might employ to do what we're asked to do.

I'm pretty sure Obama (or Christ) will not come after your last dollars!
In fact, if you are so close to your last dollars, they would probably help you to keep it!

I'm pretty sure Obama (or Christ) will not come after your last dollars!
In fact, if you are so close to your last dollars, they would probably help you to keep it!

not a question of first or last, why does BO seek to prevent us all from doing what we should be doing ? doing this in the name of God is just wrong.

Too bad that "what belong to Caesar" was a LOT less than what Caesar believed belonged to him. . .as a conqueror, his "wealth" was not really his own, but that stolen from the countries he conquered.
So, that "render unto Caesar" can be a much different meaning than what some people might give it.

One can wonder what actually DID belong to Caesar which had not been stolen from the countries and the people conquered by force!

Too bad that "what belong to Caesar" was a LOT less than what Caesar believed belonged to him. . .as a conqueror, his "wealth" was not really his own, but that stolen from the countries he conquered.
So, that "render unto Caesar" can be a much different meaning than what some people might give it.

One can wonder what actually DID belong to Caesar which had not been stolen from the countries and the people conquered by force!

the point the Messiah was making was that you obey the legal authority to take care of your corporeal self and you live right to take care of your immortal soul.

government has always been about winners and losers, this is its very purpose. conservatives want to enable all business, liberals, BO worse than most, want to pick and chose who the winners are.

the point the Messiah was making was that you obey the legal authority to take care of your corporeal self and you live right to take care of your immortal soul.

government has always been about winners and losers, this is its very purpose. conservatives want to enable all business, liberals, BO worse than most, want to pick and chose who the winners are.

I disagree (obviously). Conservatives want to enable BIG businesses. . .even if it hurts small businesses and small entrepreneurs.
Liberals want to enable the middle class to expand and the poor to be helped/lifted into the lower middle class, so they too have a chance to live the "American Dream."

Obviously Christ didn't have a high regard for Capitalism, or government. . . at least not the conquerors government. If I remember correctly, the ONLY time Jesus showed anger was when he trashed the displays of the merchands at the entrance of a temple.

Werbung:
I disagree (obviously). Conservatives want to enable BIG businesses. . .even if it hurts small businesses and small entrepreneurs.
Liberals want to enable the middle class to expand and the poor to be helped/lifted into the lower middle class, so they too have a chance to live the "American Dream."

Obviously Christ didn't have a high regard for Capitalism, or government. . . at least not the conquerors government. If I remember correctly, the ONLY time Jesus showed anger was when he trashed the displays of the merchands at the entrance of a temple.

those were money changers which were against the rules. certain merchants were acceptable (ceremonial garb). but there were many other instances. Christ was interested in souls.

Back