BO pays a lower taxrate than his secretary

dogtowner

Staff member
freaking tax dodger !

and he's sheltering every penny he can to avoid the Buffet Rule. its good to be a BO daughter with their max gifting underway.
hypocrite, thy name is liberal...

President Obama today released his 2011 federal income tax, with he and his wife reporting an adjusted gross income of $789,674. The Obamas paid $162,074 in total tax – an effective federal income tax rate of 20.5%. The Obamas also reported donating approximately 22% of their income to charity — $172,130.
President Obama has been making a big political push for the “Buffett Rule,” which would require millionaires to pay a minimum of 30% of their income in taxes. To illustrate the point, the president has pointed out that billionaire investor Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than does his secretary.
President Obama’s secretary, Anita Decker Breckenridge, makes $95,000 a year. White House spokeswoman Amy Brundage tells ABC News that Breckenridge “pays a slightly higher rate this year on her substantially lower income, which is exactly why we need to reform our tax code and ask the wealthiest to pay their fair share. ”
It should be noted that president would not be impacted by the Buffett Rule, though he would see his taxes go up if the so-called Bush tax cuts on higher income wage-earners were allowed to expire, as the president says he wants.

Werbung:
Strange that the MSM has never bothered asking these "secretaries" an obvious question:

MSM: Would you rather see your taxes be lowered, or your bosses taxes be raised?
Secretary: Uh.. I'd rather pay less in taxes, who wouldn't?
MSM: Clearly you're a right wing extremist nutjob that doesn't understand the meaning of the word "fair".

and his campaign staff is un-diverse. I can't understand how anyone can take the dems seriously when they go all sanctimonious over such things.
kind of like him saying we cant keep our house at the temp we want but he keeps the oval office hot enough to grow orchids. and we cant eat what ever we want but he serves 100 dollar a point kobe beef and flys in a pizza maker from St Louis to make 40 pizzas
or how he has the dog flown out on its own or him and his wife fly out 3 hours apart to the same vacation spot.

he is very much a do as I say not as I do kind of person

Strange that the MSM has never bothered asking these "secretaries" an obvious question:

MSM: Would you rather see your taxes be lowered, or your bosses taxes be raised?
Secretary: Uh.. I'd rather pay less in taxes, who wouldn't?
MSM: Clearly you're a right wing extremist nutjob that doesn't understand the meaning of the word "fair".

or we can live in the real world...not your little fantasy land? As everyone if there taxes should be lower...all say yes...ask them if more should be spent on ..X Y Z...they say yes....We have record low tax rates...the taxes on the rich have gone down and down and down...to the point where they pay less then the rest of us...why because they buy politicians and people like you are to blind to see that. Billionaires pay lower tax rates then you, and get you to think that the problem is that they are taxes to high....while the burden gets put more on the rest. Maybe if the rich actually paid higher amounts like they use to before they bought and paid for a tax code to make them pay the lower rates then the rest....you could pay less in taxes....You don't even get that your basically supporting rich people taking your money.

But then again you Right wingers also live in a world where you can keep cutting taxes...with out spending cuts...and then bitch about Debt....but only when the other side is in office. Where any spending must be paid for....but any tax cut is just free and has no consequences.

and his campaign staff is un-diverse. I can't understand how anyone can take the dems seriously when they go all sanctimonious over such things.

They should be like Republicans and say, damn right we pay them less...they are pretty stupid...we even have to spell things out for them in the DR's office because they are retarded....

Mitt Romney pays his female staff half of what he pays the men.
Mitt Romney is not running around demanding we all pay women equally. He is not grandstanding and bragging that he passed laws to protect women then turn around and pay them less himself.

That would be B.O. and if you are ok with that then that would be typical :)

or we can live in the real world...not your little fantasy land? As everyone if there taxes should be lower...all say yes...ask them if more should be spent on ..X Y Z...they say yes....We have record low tax rates...the taxes on the rich have gone down and down and down...to the point where they pay less then the rest of us...why because they buy politicians and people like you are to blind to see that. Billionaires pay lower tax rates then you, and get you to think that the problem is that they are taxes to high....while the burden gets put more on the rest. Maybe if the rich actually paid higher amounts like they use to before they bought and paid for a tax code to make them pay the lower rates then the rest....you could pay less in taxes....You don't even get that your basically supporting rich people taking your money.

But then again you Right wingers also live in a world where you can keep cutting taxes...with out spending cuts...and then bitch about Debt....but only when the other side is in office. Where any spending must be paid for....but any tax cut is just free and has no consequences.

marginal tax rates are meaningless without mentioning deductions. so look at effective tax rates and Buffett is paying a higher rate than I do.

and which conservatives are against spending cuts again ?

marginal tax rates are meaningless without mentioning deductions. so look at effective tax rates and Buffett is paying a higher rate than I do.

and which conservatives are against spending cuts again ?

so your paying less then 15% and still bitch you pay to much?

and Conservatives always talk about cuts to spending...they never actually do it..and they do lower taxes...without offsetting costs. Actions matter more then words.

Mitt Romney is not running around demanding we all pay women equally. He is not grandstanding and bragging that he passed laws to protect women then turn around and pay them less himself.

That would be B.O. and if you are ok with that then that would be typical :)

way to miss the point....I made that stat up...as you failed to back up your statement with anything.

...the taxes on the rich have gone down and down and down...to the point where they pay less then the rest of us...
False, as usual.

The top 25% of wage earners pay 87% of the federal income tax bill while the bottom 50% pay just 2.25%.

why because they buy politicians and people like you are to blind to see that.
Your the one with the idiotic idea that government would be less corrupt if only it had more power and money... By that "logic" every alcoholic should be given a distillery to help them stop drinking.

The amount of corruption in our political system is proportional to the amount of power and money in the hands of the federal government. Take away governments ability to provide one group a benefit at the expense of another group and the corruption disappears. There's no point in funding campaigns, or lobbying in Washington, if the politicians can no longer offer you a reward at the expense of someone else.

Billionaires pay lower tax rates then you...
Name one... An actual person who really exists, not one of your mythical straw men.

and get you to think that the problem is that they are taxes to high....while the burden gets put more on the rest.
Bottom 50% pay 2.25% of the Income Tax bill... That's our "burden"? OH, The humanity! :eek:

What % of our tax bill should the top 25% have to fork over before you think it's "fair" (Progressive definition of the word, not the actual dictionary definition)? 90%? 95%? 100%? What's the magical number where we achieve "fairness"?

Maybe if the rich actually paid higher amounts like they use to before they bought and paid for a tax code to make them pay the lower rates then the rest....you could pay less in taxes....
I'm not asking to pay less in taxes, I'm not asking for the rates on the "rich" to be lowered either. If a 15% rate is good enough for those subject to the Capital Gains tax, then a flat 15% rate is good enough for those of us currently subject to the Progressive Income Tax.

Combine the PIT and CG into one simple flat tax of 15% and Buffet's secretary will pay the same rate as her billionaire boss... Oh wait, according to your Progressive definition of the word "fair", having people of different incomes pay the same rate is "unfair".... We must discriminate based on income and rake those evil rich bastards over the coals before it's "fair".

You don't even get that your basically supporting rich people taking your money.
The average person on government assistance gets about $35,000/yr in benefits and is exempt from paying the Progressive Income Tax that funds their benefits. I earn about $25k/yr, working two jobs 56-70 hours a week, but I am NOT exempt from paying the Progressive Income Tax (paid about 11% this year). Is that "fair" in your world?

I know who's benefiting from my tax dollars... and it aint the "rich".

We've been BEGGING for spending cuts since Bush started enacting his disastrous Progressive policies... It's DB's like you that refuse to cut spending, that insist we can spend our way out of debt and tax ourselves into prosperity.

Werbung:
^^^ Excellent post Gen.

And pockets how is it you believe the lies you believe? Do you get all your information from BO and the Dems?

Gen just completely destroyed your entire position with FACTS. Why do you fail to learn?

Back