Breaking News! Senate Dems defeat repeal Obamacare

steveox

Senate Republicans lose vote on health law

WASHINGTON – A Republican drive to repeal the year-old health care law ended in party-line defeat in the Senate on Wednesday, leaving the Supreme Court to render a final, unpredictable verdict on an issue steeped in political and constitutional controversy. The vote was 47-51.

Moments earlier, the Senate had agreed to make one relatively minor change in the law, voting to strip out a paperwork requirement for businesses.

President Barack Obama, who has vowed to veto any total repeal of his signature legislative accomplishment, has said he would accept the change. It does not directly affect health care.

Republicans conceded in advance their attempt at total repeal would fall short. But they also said they had accomplished an objective of forcing rank and file Democrats to take a position on an issue that reverberated in the 2010 campaign and may play a role in 2012.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell said the vote marked an opportunity for Democrats who voted for the bill last year "to listen to those who have desperately been trying to get your attention."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110203...lYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3NlbmF0ZXJlcHVibA--

Democrats still didnt learn their lesson! What you think this past election was about? Those 23 Democrats who voted down to repeal Obama care will have to deal with the tea party in 2012 election. Democrats got their asses kicked by the tea party voters. This this huge defeat didnt shake up the Democrats just wait until 2012. 2012 elections will be a lot more powerful than the last one. Its like this,,,, If you showed up your Job an hour late,The boss only suspends you without pay. Its supposed to teach you a lession not to show up late again. But if you did it again he will fire you. Thats what will happen to the democrats now. We will fire them all in 2012! They still didnt learn their lesson from 2010 elections.

Werbung:
They are finished. They have been since they accepted the Tea Party into their ranks. They have no more credibility.

FOX News can rally morons for one election, but their propaganda is falling on deaf ears now. The Republicans turned on the intellectuals and that will be their undoing. If you want Glenn Beck now it has really gotten embarrassing. It is just incoherent babble. It isnt even clever propaganda anymore. It is just pathetic rants of a man who sold his soul.

shocking..its almost like we all knew it would happen long before it happened.

When are the Republicans going to try to do something helpful that can acutely pass and drop the gimmicks?

Its just a cheap political move to get PO'd voters voting for the GOP again they knew it wasnt going to pass the senate. Their way of doing something while actually doing nothing.

Its just a cheap political move to get PO'd voters voting for the GOP again they knew it wasnt going to pass the senate. Their way of doing something while actually doing nothing.

its really all they have...they never have a real plan to do anything...so long as they can just yell Abortion , and Jesus, and Stop the gays...they can keep the drones following them...while the only real things they do is make the rich richer.

They always cry about the debt...unless its them in office.
They cry about how you have to cut goverment spending...but then say...but we will not cut Deffence...or SS....or medicare...or .....Also we will cut taxes....but we will make the debt lower....

And the only thing the Goverments should do it provide for the Defensive of the US....( and to invade nations we want to invade)

And we should promote Democracy around the world....unless they are Musilm...then dictators are fine....unless we are the ones who get to invade, then democracy is fine...so long as we get to make sure we pick who wins.

And wait i forgot, its all those damn Mexicans fault! we need to stop all the illegals! ...I mean not while we are in charge...but some other time...after all if we actuly fix the issue..we can't scare white voters with it anymore.

Funny...the Rs try to do what most Americans want done and the lefties claim they are doing nothing and that their actions are just a cheap trick.

Liberalism is such a terrible ignorant thing.

Funny...the Rs try to do what most Americans want done and the lefties claim they are doing nothing and that their actions are just a cheap trick.

you keep saying most Americans..when what you mean is Most republicans..

you fail to see the difference.

for example a AP poll showed that 40% want it repealed...meaning 60% do not or don't care..

Also 2-1 people wanted it to do more vs none.

this poll was done back in Sept...I know those numbers have changed...but not in your favor,

Again...Just because Republicans want something..does not mean Americans do.

most Americans do not want it repealed...again...Just because republicans want something does not mean most Americans do.

By your own standard Republicans should be for the Public option...most people wanted it.

Count on this woman becoming the NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!
alg_sarah_palin_smiling.jpg

Liberals are scared of her is why the Media attacks her so much.

Count on this woman becoming the NEXT PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!

Liberals are scared of her is why the Media attacks her so much.

Yes, they're afraid that she won't be the Republican nominee, and they'll have to face someone who can actually be elected.

The Senate defeated the health care repeal. Now, let me think, when was the last time I was this surprised... was it when San Francisco didn't elect a Republican instead of Pelosi? That was pretty surprising, alright. Maybe it was when we found out Texas was a red state, or maybe when Kim Jung Il didn't democratize his nation when he was ready to step down. I don't know, but politics are full of such surprises.

Yes, they're afraid that she won't be the Republican nominee, and they'll have to face someone who can actually be elected.

The Senate defeated the health care repeal. Now, let me think, when was the last time I was this surprised... was it when San Francisco didn't elect a Republican instead of Pelosi? That was pretty surprising, alright. Maybe it was when we found out Texas was a red state, or maybe when Kim Jung Il didn't democratize his nation when he was ready to step down. I don't know, but politics are full of such surprises.

I hope its Mit ...so he can bash the Health care mandate that he supported before he was against, but is still for but is against. ...

But at least if on the odd chance he wins, I don't think he is a nut job..just wrong.

Werbung:
Palin has no experience to be President...

You might say "Palin has more experience than Obama, because Obama had none."

My question is, since when did having slightly more experience than someone with no experience make you "experienced"?

Palin will lose if she runs.

Back