Bristol Palin's future mother in law arrested for drugs

Werbung:
Certainly considering her past history with putting a notable amount of pressure through her administration/personal access to inflict embarassement on her past in-laws I would think it within the realm of possibility she might be putting Bristol and the Palin's in the best position possible for a future custody battle for the child that is due any day and a wedding that hasnt happened as of yet.
The Campaign's over!

You really believe there's going to be a wedding....now?

If there hasn't already been a wedding, don't you think there's a question of who the father is....before the expense of a wedding is taken-on?​

And I wonder everyday why it's not to tell ya the truth. I come down to the fact they just haven't come up with a good enough way to tax it.

It doesn't make you violent.

Not addictive.

A lot less harmful than alcohol (which happens to be on every street corner).

In fact it's actually very helpful for a wide range of ailments from a simple upset stomach or headache to glaucoma and cancer therapy reactions.

Wasting a lot of money chasing down hungry, sleepy pot heads IMO.:)
Gee....you haven't heard?? :eek:

Somehow....The DEA is the only entity, within the U.S., to have a Divine Right to JOB-SECURITY!!!!

(I think it says so, in The Good Book....somewhere.... :rolleyes: )​

The Campaign's over!

You really believe there's going to be a wedding....now?

If there hasn't already been a wedding, don't you think there's a question of who the father is....before the expense of a wedding is taken-on?​

I am not sure if there will be a wedding or not. I am doubting it nowadays, which is why I suggested a possibility for this arrest is the Palin's putting themselves into the best situation possible for a future custody battle.

In all fairness though, he is working on the slope, home probably 1 week a month, and probably making a considerable amount of money for an 18 year old. It is worthy to note that Todd is who scored him a lucrative job up in the oil fields.

Frankly, I can't side with people who attack Palin for this.

Obama gets less hassle even though he has admitted doing cocaine. His choice to snort that stuff.

Palin cannot really be held responsible for the actions of this individual, and I can't see her condoning it anywhere.

They make it too easy.....much like their demands for Clinton's impeachment (for gettin' a BJ), yet....the Bush Admin keeps dancin'-around it's various excuses for goin'-to-War....and, they get a "pass".....body-count and ALL!!!!!! :mad:

Oh I'm with ya 100%.

And they real killer is the whole time and continuing all through the Bush administration one Republican affair comes out after another... many even gay affairs! Heck even old Gingrich had to not run for re-election so he could marry his secretary he was boinking the whole time he was on his big witch hunt chasing Clinton around.

Then we have Bush posting us up in war built on lies so he could do a little Nation Building overseas! :eek:

Thank God for our last election running so many of these hypocritical thugs out of office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0njHLpCrY58

Obama gets less hassle even though he has admitted doing cocaine. His choice to snort that stuff.

Palin cannot really be held responsible for the actions of this individual, and I can't see her condoning it anywhere.

I think everyone is just pointing out the irony (call it humor) in the "ultra Conservative" situation.

No one is really accountable for another's actions unless they themselves participate in the act.

Still can't miss the hilarity though to see the Far Right looking in through the other side of the smear due to association looking glass!
:)

Its not so much Palin as an individual as it is the often times utter hypocrisy portrayed by the GOP in this country concerning drug policy, and the overall guilt by association that they screamed during the campaign. When someone runs around the country saying person X is palling around with terrorists, about an individual who did some bad stuff decades ago, and the association is loose. Then it turns out that her unwed daughter's baby daddy's mother is a drug dealer...Wasilla is to small of a town for this not to have been an open secret.
I would rather folks admit to past drug use than deny it. Such as the case with Clinton and pot, and Bush with coke.
Of course she wont condone it, but Obama has been attacked repeatedly over loose association with people. Could you imagine what would be said if some of his inlaws were under indictment for selling drugs, especially the equivalency of pharmeucitcal heroin?

As an Alaskan, I will have to wait patiently to find out what actually triggered this investigation. Considering past events, I am curious if this was another case of the Governor, her family or staff working to use thier position to ensure law enforcement is used in a targeted way to eliminate future problems. Such as a custody battle.
I am not sure yet what has happened, and I will continue to update the thread as news comes in.

I don't find this report surprising. Dysfunction attracts dysfunction. It also wouldn't surprise me to find that this was a set up by palin to keep the other grandmother from asserting custody rights as mentioned by others.

Bristol and Levi are likely two-of-kind -- kids who have been left to raise themselves because their selfish parents are too busy doing other things - be it drugs or political power-brokering or racing in sled dog races - to be bothered with actually parenting their kids.

What boggles my mind is that the GOP tried to tout Palin as a decent mother and the poster hockey-mom. Anyone who couldn't see through that paper-thin facade was wearing blinders or drinking way too much GOP koolaid.

I hope the GOP sees thru Palin before 2012 and gives us a candidate we can take seriously.

I don't find this report surprising. Dysfunction attracts dysfunction. It also wouldn't surprise me to find that this was a set up by palin to keep the other grandmother from asserting custody rights as mentioned by others.

Bristol and Levi are likely two-of-kind -- kids who have been left to raise themselves because their selfish parents are too busy doing other things - be it drugs or political power-brokering or racing in sled dog races - to be bothered with actually parenting their kids.

What boggles my mind is that the GOP tried to tout Palin as a decent mother and the poster hockey-mom. Anyone who couldn't see through that paper-thin facade was wearing blinders or drinking way too much GOP koolaid.

I hope the GOP sees thru Palin before 2012 and gives us a candidate we can take seriously.

Dino,
Just a single point of correction and I apologize for knitpicking, but Todd Palin is not a dog musher, he races what folks in the lower48 call "snowmobiles".
In Alaska they are generally referred to as sno-go's, sleds, or snowmachines. For some odd reason snowmobiles never caught on.

Also, Palin, for all the things that have been said about him, is an amazing rider, possibly one of the best in the world at his sport.

Werbung:
Here is the latest...
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/crime/story/633751.html
It turns out that a confidential informant(s) are the one who did the undercover buys. Which is something I always taken issue with, especially when it comes to drugs. It is BS to turn someone else in, just to minimize your own punishment.
Either way, she it turns out she was selling hillbilly heroin in the Target parking lot, during the campaign while complaining about being followed by the media.
Troopers: Johnston dodged press to deal 'hillbilly heroin'
AFFIDAVIT: She "did admit to selling her oxycontin pills" despite her son's sudden fame.

By MEGAN HOLLAND
mholland@adn.com

Published: December 24th, 2008 11:01 PM
Last Modified: December 24th, 2008 12:07 AM

Players on both sides of an undercover investigation that led to drug charges against Sherry Johnston bumped up against the turmoil visited on Wasilla by the presidential election, according to new information about the case filed in court Wednesday.

An affidavit, prepared by the Alaska State Troopers, says Johnston repeatedly sold OxyContin using text messages to direct customers to department store parking lots where they paid and she delivered. But in one message, according to the affidavit, Johnston complained that unusual media and other public attention was cramping her business:

"Hey, my phones are tapped and reporters and god knows who else is always following me and the family so no privacy," Johnston wrote in a text message to a customer.

Until her arrest, Johnston, 42, was better known as the mother of Levi Johnston, the Wasilla teen who hit the headlines after Gov. Sarah Palin announced her daughter was pregnant and he was the father. Palin made the announcement when she was running for vice president on the Republican ticket with John McCain.

Johnston is charged with six counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance -- essentially sale and possession.

The affidavit says she "did admit to selling her Oxycontin pills to (an informant)."

The affidavit, dated Dec. 22, details how troopers used two informants to collect evidence that Johnston sold OxyContin on Oct. 11, Oct. 22 and Nov. 26. The informants had been arrested themselves on a drug charge and agreed to help trap Johnston.

Trooper-supervised buys were set up by cell phone text messages and took place in Target and Fred Meyer parking lots. On each occasion, troopers charge, she got $800 for 10 pills.

Troopers say that in the text messages, Johnston used the code words ''coffee'' and ''cup'' for OxyContin.

"... there's only so many times I can go for coffee a month. The rest of the time I need to have it at home!" read one message. Troopers said this meant Johnston was willing to sell only so many pills each month and the rest she would keep for her own use.

The affidavit refers to Johnston being under Secret Service protection while dealing drugs, but that appears to be incorrect.

Special Agent Darrin Blackford, spokesman for the Secret Service in Washington, D.C., said that only the governor and her immediate family were protected. Johnston was not under the agency's protection or surveillance, he said.

Troopers later agreed that part of the affidavit was wrong.

"Whenever she was in contact with Palin, that was probably the only time it came into play," said trooper spokeswoman Beth Ipsen.

The affidavit does not explain where Johnston got the OxyContin, a popular painkiller that can only be bought legally with a prescription.

Abuse of OxyContin, often called "hillbilly heroin" and a highly addictive drug, has been on the rise in the country and in Alaska in recent years, according to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration.

After her arrest, Johnston was released on bail. Multiple attempts to reach her Wednesday by phone encountered busy signals.

She is scheduled to be arraigned at the Palmer Courthouse in early January.

Back