Bush inauguration was too expensive so says the dems....

Pandora

When Bush had his second inauguration of 42 million it was said by the left to be too expensive

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/2004-nyt-bush-inaugural-too-expensive

Vanity Fair called it the life styles of the rich and selfish…. At 42 million... I wonder what they have to say about obama’s 150 million dollar inauguration 4 years later...

Obama's inauguration next week is set to be the most expensive ever, predicted to reach over $150 million dollars. This dwarfs the $42.3m spent on George Bush's inauguration in 2005 and the $33m spent on Bill Clinton's in 1993.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/14/obamas-inauguration-set-t_n_157923.html

But as usual it’s not too expensive and it doesn’t matter and the rules are different for Dems.

Also this is the first inauguration that several schools are posting posters about, mine included! And the first inauguration that kids won’t be doing school work but instead will be watching the inauguration….. Apparently it’s worth teaching about if it’s a lib being inaugurated.

Another thing that has my underpants in a bunch is this… there is a group of women who have worn old time dresses during the events and have in every inauguration but this time they are asked not to. Alabama NAACP criticizes use of Trail Maids in Inaugural Parade. Apparently it reminded them of slavery. The egg shells that the world is going to have to walk on for the next 4 years are pathetic!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/1/12/63040/6873/377/683057

Ok my rant is over :D I am ready to hear how above human obama is and how his inauguration is worthy of the 150 million because he is historic because his father is African and how this is the change we need and the hope of the progress of the dream of the change…..

Werbung:
Obama's inauguration next week is set to be the most expensive ever, predicted to reach over $150 million dollars. This dwarfs the $42.3m spent on George Bush's inauguration in 2005 and the $33m spent on Bill Clinton's in 1993.

WOW! $150 MILLION??? AND WE ARE IN A RECESSION? Unbelivable?

No worries! the economy will be back to the positive side with a snap of the messia's fingers... :mad:

I voted for Obama, but not for this kind of inaugural stupidity. He claims to be all about change, but this is just more of the same wasteful spending and misguided priorities.

We have countless millions struggling in poverty, without adequate housing, food, or healthcare.

The inauguration should be quick, simple, private, and cheap, not just another excuse to party while those less-fortunate continue to suffer.

I voted for Obama, but not for this kind of inaugural stupidity. He claims to be all about change, but this is just more of the same wasteful spending and misguided priorities.

We have countless millions struggling in poverty, without adequate housing, food, or healthcare.

The inauguration should be quick, simple, private, and cheap, not just another excuse to party while those less-fortunate continue to suffer.

I dont have a problem with partys and stuff. Its a pretty big event but its gotten out of hand.

aprox 120 mil in TAX PAYER FUNDED security between 4 states and DC

11 thousand dollars for a couple to attend one of his many balls. I thought he was for the little guy

he is double and trippling what previous presidents have and I dont hear much about it but those same people railed on past Republican presidents for much less.

I just like calling spades spades.

I admire you for being able to do it :)

I can't wait for Tuesday to be over. Every channel I turn, is making a huge deal about this innaguaration.... :mad:

That's right, and they're going to rub it in good...where are all those PUMAs now?

I don't know, may be playing with Obama's chicken button.... :D

He's alreadfy taking different stances on GITMO, IRAQ and other issues...

He just can't decide.... :eek: Oh my god bring Hillary here.....:eek:

Maybe we could stop using made-up numbers and start comparing actual figures (as well as perhaps comparing apples to apples).

The "$150 million" figure was an estimate, with absolutely nothing to back it up. I have yet to find any actual reliable hard figures as to the actual cost. It will take some time to calculate them.

In addition, It really would help if we were comparing the same factors being tossed into the "cost" of each inauguration. The estimate for Obama's inauguration cost includes additional security costs. "Here's why using the $160 million number and comparing it with Bush's 2005 costs represented a classic apples-and-oranges assessment: For years, the press routinely referred to the cost of presidential inaugurations by calculating how much money was spent on the swearing-in and the social activities surrounding that. The cost of the inauguration's security was virtually never factored into the final tab, as reported by the press. For instance, here's The Washington Post from January 20, 2005, addressing the Bush bash:

The $40 million does not include the cost of a web of security, including everything from 7,000 troops to volunteer police officers from far away, to some of the most sophisticated detection and protection equipment."
http://mediamatters.org/columns/200901170003

"In modern times, inaugurations have been financed by a combination of public and private money. In 2005, Mr. Bush raised $42.3 million from about 15,000 donors for festivities; the federal government and the District of Columbia spent a combined $115.5 million, most of it for security, the swearing-in ceremony, cleanup and for a holiday for federal workers.

Still, only about 400,000 people attended in 2005, while officials expect at least two million this year. That means added costs for opening the whole Mall, setting up more JumboTrons and providing 5,000 portable toilets, among other items. (The District of Columbia alone spent more than $15 million in 2005 and says costs this year will triple.)"
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/06/us/politics/06donors.html

You can also note from that last article that the base cost of this inauguration was mostly covered by DONATIONS - not taxpayer money.

Werbung:
I disagree with you on the numbers, they did not weld all the man hole covers for bush or clinton and they did not have the porta potty on every corner and the security like they did this time.

but lets pretend that bush's was 4 million dollars more than obama's.

we are in worse shape today than we were 4 years ago with banks going under, the bail out, people out of work blah blah blah

when bush was starting his second term there were two wars...

Bush was crucified for even having his because of two wars, obama has two wars and a mountian of other problems but his was celebrated like god came to earth.

that was the point that drove me to start the thread.

Back