Bush Politics and Science...la la la la la I cant hear you......

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency's conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior EPA officials said last week.

The document, which ended up in e-mail limbo, without official status, was the EPA's answer to the a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that required it to determine whether greenhouse gases represent a danger to health or the environment, the officials said.

This week, more than six months later, the EPA is set to respond to that order by releasing a watered-down version of the original proposal that offers no conclusion. Instead, the document reviews the legal and economic issues presented by declaring greenhouse gases a pollutant.

Over the past five days, said the officials, the White House successfully put pressure on the EPA to eliminate large sections of the original analysis that supported regulation, including a finding that tough regulation of motor-vehicle emissions could produce $500 billion to $2 trillion in economic benefits over the next 32 years. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9691681

I guess if you just never open the mail, its not true right? Fits right in with what Christine Todd Whitman said about her time as head of the EPA..Good book as well.

Werbung:
The EPA is run by a whole lot of idiots, I would not have opened the mail either.

Thats why its a good thing you dont hold office. And sad but yes , its run but alot of people who know whole lot more about that stuff then you do.

But its good to see the White House can act like a 4 year old and you are fine with it.

Thats why its a good thing you dont hold office. And sad but yes , its run but alot of people who know whole lot more about that stuff then you do.

But its good to see the White House can act like a 4 year old and you are fine with it.

I don’t like the EPA, they are just an expensive far reaching arm of the Dem party and the left end of the Dem party at that. They stop growth, ruin jobs and communities. And they are not and EMERGENCY agency.

Had the White House ignored something like terrorist threats or something really important then I could get upset about it.

You should be glad really. Let’s say Bush meets with them and they sign some thing into law, you know it will be less horrible for the people and less destructive than Obama would do. If they wait till Obama is in office to get something signed into law it can be really extra destructive and horrible, it can ruin more jobs, more towns, more communities and be more what the far left would like to see happen.

So really be glad it’s on a back burner till obama can come and really knife us in the back.

yea , basically you don't like what they say, so you dismiss it, and ignore. You would be perfect for the Bush White House, facts never get in your way

I could agree with a whole lot of things they say but not the solution.

The solutions they come up with creates bigger problems.

I would not do well in the Bush White House. I would not do well in any ones White House.

The USSC ruling was one of those ill-considered 5-4 rulings by the lib majority, sticking it's nose into the fine details of the executive branch. This is another example of how democracy is slipping away in this country, while we're being rulled by unelected judiciaries. The AGW theory remains pure mythology based on carefully selected time intervals for data, "votes" by scientists who themselves have done no relevent research, and simulations which preposterously purport to model the whole world. Any reasonable president will bootkick this into the ol' "circular filing cabinet". :)

I don’t like the EPA, they are just an expensive far reaching arm of the Dem party and the left end of the Dem party at that. They stop growth, ruin jobs and communities. And they are not and EMERGENCY agency.
You realize of course that the EPA was proposed and created by Richard Nixon. Also, your notion of ruining communities and all that is simply not true. If one looks at the reasons the EPA was created, it dealt with bad behavior and irresponsible land stewardship by large corporations and governments at all three levels.
Had the White House ignored something like terrorist threats or something really important then I could get upset about it.
Oh, fair enough. So the whole memo about Bin Laden being determined to attack America...we just disregard that or what?

You realize of course that the EPA was proposed and created by Richard Nixon. Also, your notion of ruining communities and all that is simply not true. If one looks at the reasons the EPA was created, it dealt with bad behavior and irresponsible land stewardship by large corporations and governments at all three levels.

Oh, fair enough. So the whole memo about Bin Laden being determined to attack America...we just disregard that or what?
If Jesus Christ Himself invented the EPA I still would not like them. I would understand that it was invented with good cause and was meant to do good but it like so many other things are out of control.

I am not sure they ignored the Ben laden determined to attack memo, but they could have done more. Had I read the memo in late January of 2001 when I came into office I am not sure I could have predicted 9-11. Actually I know I could not have. I would have been thinking along much different lines. I would have expected attacks that happen on the fourth of July in baseball games or Christmas, things that represent American people and draw crowds. And I never ever ever would have thought they could get away with all of this using 4 guys and box cutters. But I am just a girl in Oregon; probably the government should have realized they would be able to.

Reason is not relevant. Point is that the EPA is unconstitutional at the federal level. The end.

The White House in December refused to accept the Environmental Protection Agency's conclusion that greenhouse gases are pollutants that must be controlled, telling agency officials that an e-mail message containing the document would not be opened, senior EPA officials said last week.

The document, which ended up in e-mail limbo, without official status, was the EPA's answer to the a 2007 Supreme Court ruling that required it to determine whether greenhouse gases represent a danger to health or the environment, the officials said.

This week, more than six months later, the EPA is set to respond to that order by releasing a watered-down version of the original proposal that offers no conclusion. Instead, the document reviews the legal and economic issues presented by declaring greenhouse gases a pollutant.

Over the past five days, said the officials, the White House successfully put pressure on the EPA to eliminate large sections of the original analysis that supported regulation, including a finding that tough regulation of motor-vehicle emissions could produce $500 billion to $2 trillion in economic benefits over the next 32 years. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_9691681

I guess if you just never open the mail, its not true right? Fits right in with what Christine Todd Whitman said about her time as head of the EPA..Good book as well.

Another example of Bush being a great president. Do you realize that if CO2 is a pollutant, liberal gas bags are all polluters?

In fact maybe we should go a massive nation wide killing spree. Kill every animal you can find, after all, they are all polluting, right?

Does no one think anymore? Either use your brain or stop talking so at least your not polluting the air with the CO2 from your mouth.

oooo maybe we can impose this on congress. And Al bore! Hey maybe we should declare their mouths as sources for pollution after all. I like this idea better and better.

Werbung:
Back