Can you explain this?

PLC1

Staff member
chart6_lg.gif

Werbung:
Yeah PLC, don't confuse whiners with facts. It makes them think that they could possibly be wrong about something, and then they have to use the energy it takes to blame someone else.

Yeah PLC, don't confuse whiners with facts. It makes them think that they could possibly be wrong about something, and then they have to use the energy it takes to blame someone else.

That could be, but I'm not so sure that facts have that much of an influence over someone who is sure that they are right.

Like Arnold Schwartzenneger (Pardon if I spelled his last name wrong), said in a recent
interview. Acting for all those years made his political career so much easier.
Politicians blow smoke up your @**, who would expect more?

The charts presented don't indicate the percentage of wealth that gravitated towards the weathiest Americans during the same time frame.

Many, many years ago , the first thing I was taught in statistics class, was how to lie with statistics.

I forget the name of the man who said "there are lies, there are damm lies, and there are statistics"

The charts presented don't indicate the percentage of wealth that gravitated towards the weathiest Americans during the same time frame.
So because it doesn't show completely unrelated data, you think the data provided is a lie....

You should have taken some classes on logic with your stat classes.

Primarily because, prior to the recent market melt down, due to the Bush tax cuts leaving more money in the hands of the people, thereby creating more and higher paying jobs, more people moved into the upper tax brackets, and as a result more taxes were collected from those in the upper tax brackets.

Primarily because, prior to the recent market melt down, due to the Bush tax cuts leaving more money in the hands of the people, thereby creating more and higher paying jobs, more people moved into the upper tax brackets, and as a result more taxes were collected from those in the upper tax brackets.

So, there are more people in the top 20% than there used to be? Now, let's think about that one a minute, from a mathematical perspective, I mean.

So, there are more people in the top 20% than there used to be? Now, let's think about that one a minute, from a mathematical perspective, I mean.

Yes, because (unless I'm mistaken) you neglected to account for population growth and the drop in unemployment between 2000 and 2004, so all of the groups would naturally be bigger in 2004 than they were in 2000. Even if the numbers stayed the same, and the top 20% of taxpayers made more money in 2004 than they did in 2000, even if the tax rate stays the same, of course the government is going to be getting more money from that same top 20%.

Under the Bush tax cuts, the tax rates were cut across the board, and in fact a new 10% tax bracket was initiated to lower the tax consequences for those making at or below the "poverty line", and it was those tax cuts that left more money in peoples pockets that they turned around and spent, thereby stimulating the economy, creating new jobs, and expanding business, which meant more people were working and paying taxes. More people employed and paying taxes into the Treasury means that the top 20% (along with the other 80%) grew and overall revenues increased.

I have been saying this for years and no one has listened. The Bush tax cuts helped everyone. For people in the lowest brackets (and those who paid nothing), his tax cuts gave them bigger rebates, making their overall payment into the system negative. To pick up this slack, this increased the tax burden (percentage wise) on the upper income brackets.

Most rich people have very good (corrupt) accountants who help them to avoid tax altogether.

If you believe that that histogram represents the true picture you are just a neocon desperado.

Werbung:
Most rich people have very good (corrupt) accountants who help them to avoid tax altogether.

If you believe that that histogram represents the true picture you are just a neocon desperado.

Obviously not since us "rich" people pay almost all the income tax. Even if we can avoid 10% in terms of actual dollars the amount is ridiculous.

Back