Canada is more conservative than the US

As we should with intolerant bigots, mostly living in Alberta.

And who gets to decide what constitutes bigotry, huh?

The irony is that people like you go about advocating the imprisonment of those you disagree with on the basis that they're the "fascists." :rolleyes:

Werbung:
And who gets to decide what constitutes bigotry, huh?

The irony is that people like you go about advocating the imprisonment of those you disagree with on the basis that they're the "fascists." :rolleyes:

The group who has the bumber stickers saying honor diversity. They tend to be the ones who will not tolerate anything that is against what they believe. They would be the ones to decide..... I call them left wing nut jobs.

Geez I hope Obama doesnt push that crap on us. Thanks for the post.

so its kind of like this, if you want to be a lazy bum you get all the health care you want for cheap and if you actually do something with your life you have to pay out the @$$ for the same medical attention?

oh joy!

Is there a stat on how many canadians come to the US for medical care?

According to the moguls of rant radio, there are hundreds of thousands of Canadians coming to the US for health care.

According to the commercials that played when Hillary was advocating universal health insurance (back when she was first lady), busloads of Canadians come here every day.

Of course, none of that has any backup that I've ever heard about.

Meanwhile, Canada still spends about 10% of their GDP on health care, while we spend 18%. Does that mean our system is inefficient, Canada doesn't spend enough, or a little of both? I really don't know.

Meanwhile, Canada still spends about 10% of their GDP on health care, while we spend 18%. Does that mean our system is inefficient, Canada doesn't spend enough, or a little of both? I really don't know.

Compare the number of Canadian Healthcare providers who were sued last year compared to numbers in the US and you start to see why they can spend less and why America desperately needs court reforms.... Additionally, our illegal alien population is almost the size of Canada's population and they have been putting Doctors and Hospitals out of Business in the SW for more than a decade... Because we don't turn people away and treat them for free* (taxpayer expense).

According to the moguls of rant radio, there are hundreds of thousands of Canadians coming to the US for health care.

According to the commercials that played when Hillary was advocating universal health insurance (back when she was first lady), busloads of Canadians come here every day.

Of course, none of that has any backup that I've ever heard about.

I thought the figures were about 5% for Canada and 10% for the US. In any case the fact of the matter is that Canada can provide a better healthcare system for it's people for half the cost per capita it seems.

With our system I would suggest that the people will seek the balance they want and need. If the conservative government attempt to cut healthcare too much the people will demand more expenditures. If another government spends too much on healthcare then the selfish conservative faction will start crying about their money. It's a balancing act going on and I think it alsways will be. I could never imagine us going to a US style system which isn't working when the rest of the industrialized world operates under a civilized universal healthcare system.

There are not hundreds of thousands of Canadians going to the US for healhtcare and there aren't even busloads. Forget that silliness. There are a few wealthy people who don't blink an eye at spending thousands of dollars for procedures which they don't want to wait in line for. But I assure you also that those who wait in line are not in danger of the wait causing them problems down the road. Although the private insurance companies of the US will undoubtedly be able to find a case or two of someone who has suffered ill effects and perhaps has even died while waiting in line. (figuratively speaking in line) Upon careful scrutiny you will find that this happens in the US also. Waiting lines are not something that are only common to Canada.

And in fact if a valid comparison is made then we will find that people in the US die of sudden complications before even seeing a doctor. In Canada at least we can be proactive and go to see a doctor if we begin to experience chest pains or something as ominous. For a person to be told he's experiencing indigestion is a reassuring experience I'm sure. In the US people ignore such problems because they hope it is indigestion and in some cases it is not.

In any case, it's obvious that the US system needs fixing because all presidential hopefuls have addressed the issue. Some because they needed to play the politics in their interest but in any case it's something the majority of the American people want dealt with.

Compare the number of Canadian Healthcare providers who were sued last year compared to numbers in the US and you start to see why they can spend less and why America desperately needs court reforms.... Additionally, our illegal alien population is almost the size of Canada's population and they have been putting Doctors and Hospitals out of Business in the SW for more than a decade... Because we don't turn people away and treat them for free* (taxpayer expense).

The situation you describe certainly adds to the cost of health care in the US, but by how much? Has anyone actually done a cost analysis of litigation I wonder? How about the illegal aliens?

Of course, if employers who hire cheap labor from south of the border were at least required to provide health insurance, or if anyone who showed up at an emergency room had to show proof of legal status or be deported upon recovery, then we might save a few bucks.

We might save some more if litigation were more limited, too.

But, how much? We spend more than any other nation by a wide margin. There must be other reasons.

The situation you describe certainly adds to the cost of health care in the US, but by how much? Has anyone actually done a cost analysis of litigation I wonder? How about the illegal aliens?

Of course, if employers who hire cheap labor from south of the border were at least required to provide health insurance, or if anyone who showed up at an emergency room had to show proof of legal status or be deported upon recovery, then we might save a few bucks.

We might save some more if litigation were more limited, too.

But, how much? We spend more than any other nation by a wide margin. There must be other reasons.

How much? I will have to get back to you on... I'm not at home otherwise I would have provided such information with my post. Needless to say, the higher the risk of litigation for your line of work, the higher YOUR insurance costs are going to be... that money comes from the people you provide healthcare for or THEIR insurance companies and it creates a cycle of rising costs.

Proof of Citizenship? We're Americans... we do the right thing by giving healthcare to anyone that shows up, and no good deed goes unpunished.

Other reasons... Yes, I just gave you a couple of the BIG ones as I see it. When a hospital on the boarder has to close... that puts more pressure on the remaining hospitals, until they close, and the situation has been compounding on itself like this in the SW for too long.

Here's a fun little fact about Canada... There are more MRI machines within 50 miles of where I live than there are in ALL of Canada! Pretty neat stuff...

Werbung:
PLC and Gensen, it's good that you are talking about the problems at least. That is the road to progress. I'll read along and add some corrections when necessary.

PLC first. Litigation in the US has risen to the point of being ridiculous. That's part of the problem so you needn't try to find a comparison. Cheap labour in the form of illegals is now a part of your economy and therefore you have to bear the expense which comes with them. This is your social responsibility which becmes a part of capitalism and it can't be ignored. The only solution is to kick them all out and you can't do that because you need their labour.

Gensen- Part of the reason why healthcare is som much more expensive in the US is because when a person goes to his doctor with a broken bone the doctor will put him on an MRI machine instead of a cheap x-ray. There is more money to be made with the MRI of course and that is why 'for profit' is never going to be as affordable as our system.

But don't worry because we have the MRI machines we require.

Please continue!

Back