Canada Olympic Update

Libsmasher

After 294 medals awarded, Canada has won ......... NONE!!!

Unlike algeria, egypt, and (hee hee hee! :D) Zimbabwe!! :p

Werbung:
Well, now 354 medals have been awarded, and Canada checks in with a big, fat, perfectly round ZERO!!!!!!!! :p

WOW! Canada won a couple medals! :) Naturally, it was the girls who won them! :D (Have you ever seen a canadian woman? Think Smokey the Bear.) Meanwhile US leads the Olympics in total medals with 54.

Well, now 354 medals have been awarded, and Canada checks in with a big, fat, perfectly round ZERO!!!!!!!! :p

THAT makes you gleefully happy??? What kind of a "human" being are you??? Besides a lousy example for an "amerikan.". Talk about a cheap shot.

THAT makes you gleefully happy??? What kind of a "human" being are you??? Besides a lousy example for an "amerikan.". Talk about a cheap shot.

And where are you complaining about Ushiit's hundreds of anti-american cheap shots, when you and him are having your Lib Parallel Universe dialogs?? :)

libs: if you have been paying attention........ many if not most of US hadit 's so called "anti american" remarks are based on observable facts. & and are shared by the majority of the world OUTSIDE the US. (yes , there IS a world outside the US.....even if americans don't KNOW it ) Don't think anyone is expressing GLEE at the US shortcomings. You were expressing GLEE at the low olympic showing by Canada. Something akin to the maturity of a 2 yrs old. No offense to two year olds.

libs: if you have been paying attention........ many if not most of US hadit 's so called "anti american" remarks are based on observable facts. & and are shared by the majority of the world OUTSIDE the US. (yes , there IS a world outside the US.....even if americans don't KNOW it ) Don't think anyone is expressing GLEE at the US shortcomings. You were expressing GLEE at the low olympic showing by Canada. Something akin to the maturity of a 2 yrs old. No offense to two year olds.

Nonsense. His crap is standard anti-american cant, loaded with preposterous stereotypes, dribbling with phony "facts", revelant of historical clueness, and generally just a dumb-level regurgitation of leftwing agitprop. But, you're right about the majority, force fed with anti-US propaganda by state run TV, probably are just as clueless. Also Popeye, whom I understand to be another canadian, chortled when Cuba beat the US at baseball. That, by the way, was another example of how clueless he is - the cuban team is an official team that permanently exists and practices together endlessly. The US team is a pickup team of mostly minor league players, because major league players in the US who all make over a million dollars a season, don't want to injure themselves in the olympics. A real all-star baseball team would CRUSH anyone, just like the US all-star basketball team is crushing everyone.

libs: you a sports fan??? The truth is that I have not been following the current Olympic events all that closely. I do know that Phelps (??sp??) from the US has done astonishingly well. and cudos to him. Congratulations for his success are certainly in order.:)

libs: you a sports fan??? The truth is that I have not been following the current Olympic events all that closely. I do know that Phelps (??sp??) from the US has done astonishingly well. and cudos to him. Congratulations for his success are certainly in order.:)

I am only really an american-style football fan - but I like to catch the olympics when I can, because sports that I ordinarily wouldn't watch are being performed at such a high level of skill, it is entertaining.

Nonsense. His crap is standard anti-american cant, loaded with preposterous stereotypes, dribbling with phony "facts", revelant of historical clueness, and generally just a dumb-level regurgitation of leftwing agitprop. But, you're right about the majority, force fed with anti-US propaganda by state run TV, probably are just as clueless. Also Popeye, whom I understand to be another canadian, chortled when Cuba beat the US at baseball.

First off, I'm not Canadian, I was born and raised in the US and currently live in SW Washington state. I do occasionally go up and watch the Canucks play at BC Place in Vancouver but that's about it for my Canadian experience these days. So, you are wrong one more time.

I notice you speak of being "force fed" well NBC has force fed us US athletes to the point that we missed the live broadcast of Usain Bolt of Jamaica, set a world record of 9.69 seconds in the 100 meter dash. They opted instead to show us the US basketball team win another game by a rout.

I thought The Nation had a particularly good comment on the slight:

Bolt, in breaking his own world record, even slowed up at the end, pounding his chest, which has some wondering if he could have come in at 9.64, or even better. This is what the Olympics should be all about--watching athletes exceed our wildest dreams as to what is physically possible. There was just one problem with this amazing moment in sports history--it wasn't televised here in America. Instead men's basketball was being broadcast. Does anyone believe for one moment if US track star Tyson Gay had made the finals, this would have happened? In fact, unless you were following the race on a live blog you wouldn't have known a record fell at all. (And what does a "live blog" for a 10 second race look like? "The race begins." "Now it's over.")

As one poster at Washington Post.com put it, "Seriously, I'm sitting here watching the basketball team destroy Spain when I could have been watching the first person in history beak the 9.7 second mark? NBC has been dropping the ball all week on what they have been showing. They think that just because we are in America, all we want to watch are Americans." Another person called it "Shocking and disappointing." And yet another said pointedly, "Hey NBC, you SUCK."

Somehow NBC--as well as John McCain and the Republican party--hasn't gotten the memo that the cold war is over. Ivan Drago has left the building and no one wants to remake Red Dawn. We don't need to be spoonfed American athletes and US stars as if our national dignity would somehow be sullied if we watched Bolt race. The sports world has gone global.

If Bob Costas and NBC could just remove the red, white and blue face paint for a moment, they might be shocked by what they can see.

First off, I'm not Canadian, I was born and raised in the US and currently live in SW Washington state. I do occasionally go up and watch the Canucks play at BC Place in Vancouver but that's about it for my Canadian experience these days. So, you are wrong one more time.

That figures - with all the libs in washington state, you should probably be annexed to canada, and you should CERTAINLY change the name of your state.

I notice you speak of being "force fed" well NBC has force fed us US athletes to the point that we missed the live broadcast of Usain Bolt of Jamaica, set a world record of 9.69 seconds in the 100 meter dash. They opted instead to show us the US basketball team win another game by a rout.

This is pure BS. I SAW THIS ON NBC. They preceded the dash with a special video presentation on Bolt about his home in Jamaica. It showed him lifting weights, and then it showed them asking little kids on the street who Bolt was, and they all said "lightning bolt", what he is called by some in Jamaica. Every time I turn on the TV at night, all I see is jamaican athletes. They've shown all the heats for the women dash events, and gave background such as where they attend university in the US - one was in florida and the outger was University of Huston. They showed the women's 100 meter dash with jamaicans winning first and second place. All I've seen on TV lately it seems is the jamaican green and yellow track outfit. The women from NBC:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/trackandfield/photos/galleryid=227381.html

That figures - with all the libs in washington state, you should probably be annexed to canada, and you should CERTAINLY change the name of your state.
Funny, but I'm proud to call myself a resident of one of the most progressive states in the union. I spent a great deal of my youth in California (Bay Area) and I know I wouldn't live in the fascist like cop filled OC unless I was quite literally paid.

Libsmasher said:
]This is pure BS. I SAW THIS ON NBC. They preceded the dash with a special video presentation on Bolt about his home in Jamaica. It showed him lifting weights, and then it showed them asking little kids on the street who Bolt was, and they all said "lightning bolt", what he is called by some in Jamaica. Every time I turn on the TV at night, all I see is jamaican athletes. They've shown all the heats for the women dash events, and gave background such as where they attend university in the US - one was in florida and the outger was University of Huston. They showed the women's 100 meter dash with jamaicans winning first and second place. All I've seen on TV lately it seems is the jamaican green and yellow track outfit. The women from NBC:

http://www.nbcolympics.com/trackandfield/photos/galleryid=227381.html

You may have seen it...tape delayed. The 100m final is one of the top events at every Olympics and Usian Bolt is the fastest man in the world. Yet NBC decided, because Bolt is Jamaican, that it didn't warrant a live feed or the kind of primetime coverage it deserved. Imagine if Bolt was American, they wouldn't be able to shutup about him.

The coverage of Bolt, despite your claims, has been somewhat lacking as well:

From Yahoo Sports:

NBC is said to be worried about post-Phelps ratings for these Olympics, yet they squandered the opportunity to turn Bolt into their second-week star by dumping his race in the outer-reaches of primetime and then giving it no notice on yesterday's broadcast. Bolt's speed, charisma, youth and good looks make him a prime candidate to be the breakout star of these Games. The Peacock Network is more concerned with squeezing every last ounce of coverage out of Michael Phelps

Lets repeat that quote from the article in The Nation as it appears particularly appropriate:

Somehow NBC--as well as John McCain and the Republican party--hasn't gotten the memo that the cold war is over. Ivan Drago has left the building and no one wants to remake Red Dawn. We don't need to be spoonfed American athletes and US stars as if our national dignity would somehow be sullied if we watched Bolt race. The sports world has gone global.

If Bob Costas and NBC could just remove the red, white and blue face paint for a moment, they might be shocked by what they can see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libsmasher

Funny, but I'm proud to call myself a resident of one of the most progressive states in the union. I spent a great deal of my youth in California (Bay Area) and I know I wouldn't live in the fascist like cop filled OC unless I was quite literally paid.

Fine, you can be proud - just change the state name to something more appropriate and stop defiling the memory of George Washington. How about "Malcolm X"? Maybe "Stalin"? As for Orange County - it's a place where freedom rings, private enterprise thrives, and the fourth of july is celebrated. A pinko lib-fascist like you would be unwelcome.

You may have seen it...tape delayed. The 100m final is one of the top events at every Olympics and Usian Bolt is the fastest man in the world. Yet NBC decided, because Bolt is Jamaican, that it didn't warrant a live feed or the kind of primetime coverage it deserved. Imagine if Bolt was American, they wouldn't be able to shutup about him.

Yes, because unlike dictatorship and third world-fixated america-hating people like you, most americans want to see how the americans are doing. Another thing is that Bolt is an arrogant snot, always making snide gestures before and after races.

Werbung:
Fine, you can be proud - just change the state name to something more appropriate and stop defiling the memory of George Washington. How about "Malcolm X"? Maybe "Stalin"? As for Orange County - it's a place where freedom rings, private enterprise thrives, and the fourth of july is celebrated. A pinko lib-fascist like you would be unwelcome.

Freedom rings in OC, yeah sure...where in Disneyland? Considering OC has a population of over 3 million, how do you even have room to turn around?

I prefer a more laid back lifestyle, living in a rural area in a progressive state. It doesn't take me 2 hours to drive the 20 miles into town.

Meanwhile you seem to prefer an overly crowded, hot, authoritarian atmosphere. I've got an idea, why don't you move to Simi Valley? It's not as crowded and I'm sure you can find plenty of like minded individuals such as yourself.

Libsmasher said:
]Yes, because unlike dictatorship and third world-fixated america-hating people like you, most americans want to see how the americans are doing. Another thing is that Bolt is an arrogant snot, always making snide gestures before and after races.

Oh, I see:

Usian Bolt, dark skinned and Jamaican....an arrogant snot.

Michael Phelps, white and American...pure as the driven snow.

Why am I not surprised that you would judge the athletes that way?

Back