Cannabis has 'deadly' effect on most common form of cancer, study finds

MusicLover

A cannabis extract has a "deadly" effect on melanoma skin cancer cells, a study found.

Researchers from Charles Darwin University and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia found a cannabis extract has a "deadly" effect on melanoma cells in a laboratory setting.

Skin cancer is the most common of all cancers in the United States. Melanoma accounts for only about one per cent of skin cancers but causes around 80 per cent of skin cancer deaths, according to the American Cancer Society.

The anti-cancer effects of a specific extract from Cannabis sativa forced melanoma cells into a "programmed cell death" known as apoptosis, according to the study published in Cells journal.

Biotechnologist and co-author of the study Nazim Nassar said: "We know today how this extract attaches to the receptor on the cell surface and changes the messages to the inside of the cell to manipulate the normal growth, to force it to go into [a] death progress."

When I first got my prescription for marijuana, they had me watch a film about the possible healing effects of it on cancer. There were people in the film saying that marijuana was responsible for being cured of melanoma. I took it with a grain of salt but now, I'm more inclined to believe them.

I know that marijuana helped save my life when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I would probably be dead now without it and the chemo I was on.

More studies need to happen. If marijuana can help fight cancer we need to know it and it needs to be available to people.

Werbung:
A cannabis extract has a "deadly" effect on melanoma skin cancer cells, a study found.

Researchers from Charles Darwin University and the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology in Australia found a cannabis extract has a "deadly" effect on melanoma cells in a laboratory setting.

Skin cancer is the most common of all cancers in the United States. Melanoma accounts for only about one per cent of skin cancers but causes around 80 per cent of skin cancer deaths, according to the American Cancer Society.

The anti-cancer effects of a specific extract from Cannabis sativa forced melanoma cells into a "programmed cell death" known as apoptosis, according to the study published in Cells journal.

Biotechnologist and co-author of the study Nazim Nassar said: "We know today how this extract attaches to the receptor on the cell surface and changes the messages to the inside of the cell to manipulate the normal growth, to force it to go into [a] death progress."

When I first got my prescription for marijuana, they had me watch a film about the possible healing effects of it on cancer. There were people in the film saying that marijuana was responsible for being cured of melanoma. I took it with a grain of salt but now, I'm more inclined to believe them.

I know that marijuana helped save my life when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I would probably be dead now without it and the chemo I was on.

More studies need to happen. If marijuana can help fight cancer we need to know it and it needs to be available to people.
Drugs can help with healing but can also endanger the lives of others if the drug user operates vehicles or other machinery while under the influence. There are also other hazards to innocent bystanders from those under the influence of drugs so there should be efforts to restrict drug users from exposing others to those hazards.

Drugs can help with healing but can also endanger the lives of others if the drug user operates vehicles or other machinery while under the influence. There are also other hazards to innocent bystanders from those under the influence of drugs so there should be efforts to restrict drug users from exposing others to those hazards.
sleepy-smiley[1].gif

Really great generalizations, there, Goober.
Legalizing POT - re: Driving

The authors note that the 6 to 9 percent increase in frequency of adult binge drinking, along with an estimated increase in the probability of simultaneous use of marijuana and alcohol of 15 to 22 percent, suggests that legalization could result in "considerable economic and social costs from downstream health care expenditures and productivity loss."

-- Linda Gorman

The authors note that the 6 to 9 percent increase in frequency of adult binge drinking, along with an estimated increase in the probability of simultaneous use of marijuana and alcohol of 15 to 22 percent, suggests that legalization could result in "considerable economic and social costs from downstream health care expenditures and productivity loss."

-- Linda Gorman

View attachment 12090

Really great generalizations, there, Goober.
Legalizing POT - re: Driving
Only an idiot like you thinks marijuana doesn't affect a person when driving.
I've probably seen more marijuana in my early life then you have in your entire life. I'm talking by the bale . If you ever want to have a chance of being serious you have to be realistic marijuana and driving does not go together no more than alcohol or coke or herein. You stupid people like you that prevent it from getting legalized

Werbung: