Carter: Wilson's outburst, dislike for Obama based on racism

Carter the worst President in history...hardly.

In C-Span's 2009 Historians Survey of Presidential Leadership in which 65 presidential historians ranked the 42 former occupants of the White House, Carter finished at 25th...while your hero George W. Bush ranked 36th. James Buchanan was rated the worst of all time.

I'll go with the opinion of these Presidential historians over that of a cranky wingnut anytime.

jimmy carter was not just a horrible president, he is a Jewish hating horrible human being.

He was ok for a time after he lost the election and went to build houses but something has gone wrong with his brain, old age perhaps?

Nothing he could say, I would find valuable. Even obama said he was wrong in his statement about Wilson and race.

Werbung:
I do not deny that some people are racists. There are some white people who hate black people for being black and there are some black people who hate white people for being white.

I just fail to see how any of that matters or why that is the big issue.

What you said is true. There are all types of racists.

However I think President Carter is in a VERY unique position to make some judgments on this one. He's a White man born & raised in the South. He knows the culture well and probably is better than many to pick up on some of the subtleties.

It's like a Black guy will pick up on things another Black guy says, or how he says them, that most White guys hearing the same thing wouldn't have a clue about.

All that said I think Wrong Way Joe Wilson is far more dangerous as a radical Right Wing ideology than a racist... if he is one at all.

Well typically if you want to claim someone is racist, shouldn't you wait until they actually do or say something racist.

Wilson did neither by yelling "you lie."

Some of my neighbors got to kicking this around the other night at our health care reform study session: a couple of teachers, an attorney, city councilwoman, a coach, a deputy sheriff, myself, a housewife and a pastor. {2 members were black}
Let me preface this with a statement: we have seen/heard/watched some really heinous things get printed up on placards, heard some really filthy things said on some talk shows, watched quite a few better educated Americans say some really foul things all about our new president.

Are we seeing more angst against our new president because no one is willing or wants to just blatantly say they don't like this new president because he 'IS BLACK' so they side step this issue of 'RACE' by getting fixated upon those other 'mental midget moments' such as:

He's lied {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} HE'S A LIAR!!! Don't confuse me with the facts "that all politician tell us things during the campaign trail that they can't & don't follow through with...but he's a LIAR and I'll never trust him EVER AGAIN!!!

He's a MUSLIM {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Yep, he's not a TRUE CHRISTIAN...He was raised MUSLIM, so he's always going to be MUSLIM, once a MUSLIM always a MUSLIM!!!

He isn't even American {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} He can't even prove that he was born in any of our United States of AMERICA!!! And I'll continue to ignore that this was proven many, many times over and I'm still going to cling to my IDEA that he's a foreigner!!!

He associates with a preacher that yell anti-American mantra {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Never mind that the back lash from our pushing him made him quit attending that church...we own you 'BOY' and you'd better snap too, cause if we don't like your preacher...we're gonna tell you what/where you can attend church...cause we know what is best for your kind!!!

He has ties to ACORN {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Never mind that this has been proven to be a non-existing issue...I'm going to continue to be suspect of their relationship and continue to claim that was the only way that OBAMA could be elected in this country at that last election...why he had to steal it, there was no other way that that man would have won the election fair & square!!!

These were the top 5 items that we discussed and the basic reasoning that we collective came up with...and not all of the member of this group are Independent voters like I am...we've never talked about party affiliation but I'm pretty sure that most of them are REPUBLICAN {died in the wool republican}...but it is interesting to talk about and listen to the ways that America is 'NOT' saying anything raciest but over exerting their vitriol and vile words into other issues of no great importance ;)

Some of my neighbors got to kicking this around the other night at our health care reform study session: a couple of teachers, an attorney, city councilwoman, a coach, a deputy sheriff, myself, a housewife and a pastor. {2 members were black}
Let me preface this with a statement: we have seen/heard/watched some really heinous things get printed up on placards, heard some really filthy things said on some talk shows, watched quite a few better educated Americans say some really foul things all about our new president.

Are we seeing more angst against our new president because no one is willing or wants to just blatantly say they don't like this new president because he 'IS BLACK' so they side step this issue of 'RACE' by getting fixated upon those other 'mental midget moments' such as:

He's lied {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} HE'S A LIAR!!! Don't confuse me with the facts "that all politician tell us things during the campaign trail that they can't & don't follow through with...but he's a LIAR and I'll never trust him EVER AGAIN!!!

He's a MUSLIM {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Yep, he's not a TRUE CHRISTIAN...He was raised MUSLIM, so he's always going to be MUSLIM, once a MUSLIM always a MUSLIM!!!

He isn't even American {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} He can't even prove that he was born in any of our United States of AMERICA!!! And I'll continue to ignore that this was proven many, many times over and I'm still going to cling to my IDEA that he's a foreigner!!!

He associates with a preacher that yell anti-American mantra {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Never mind that the back lash from our pushing him made him quit attending that church...we own you 'BOY' and you'd better snap too, cause if we don't like your preacher...we're gonna tell you what/where you can attend church...cause we know what is best for your kind!!!

He has ties to ACORN {I really hate him because he's a black man, but I'll never say it out loud...so I'll just cling to the best excuse that I can} Never mind that this has been proven to be a non-existing issue...I'm going to continue to be suspect of their relationship and continue to claim that was the only way that OBAMA could be elected in this country at that last election...why he had to steal it, there was no other way that that man would have won the election fair & square!!!

These were the top 5 items that we discussed and the basic reasoning that we collective came up with...and not all of the member of this group are Independent voters like I am...we've never talked about party affiliation but I'm pretty sure that most of them are REPUBLICAN {died in the wool republican}...but it is interesting to talk about and listen to the ways that America is 'NOT' saying anything raciest but over exerting their vitriol and vile words into other issues of no great importance ;)

I am not going to defend these comments, most of them are moronic, but even the CRS stated that illegals would get coverage under what is currently out there.

After that, you saw an amendment added in to deny this, but not before.

Every politician will stretch the truth, that is nothing new, and one instance should not end all support, but we need to seriously look at what we know, and CRS disagreed with the President on that one.

That said, the bills are still being written, so we shall see.

What you said is true. There are all types of racists.

However I think President Carter is in a VERY unique position to make some judgments on this one. He's a White man born & raised in the South. He knows the culture well and probably is better than many to pick up on some of the subtleties.

I am a white man born and raised in the South. Would that make me an expert too?

It's like a Black guy will pick up on things another Black guy says, or how he says them, that most White guys hearing the same thing wouldn't have a clue about.

All that said I think Wrong Way Joe Wilson is far more dangerous as a radical Right Wing ideology than a racist... if he is one at all.

I do not know anything about Wilson, but looking at it from an objective standpoint, the CRS agreed with his initial comment.

Added to that are the bills are still being written, so how can anyone really claim with any authority one way or the other what it will do? Obama stretched the truth, and Wilson reacted in an outrageous way.

PopEye - President Obama said today that Joe Wilson is not a racist (through his spokesperson)

- I give Obama credit for that.

Apparently you don't agree with Obama?

I am not going to defend these comments, most of them are moronic, but even the CRS stated that illegals would get coverage under what is currently out there.

After that, you saw an amendment added in to deny this, but not before.

Every politician will stretch the truth, that is nothing new, and one instance should not end all support, but we need to seriously look at what we know, and CRS disagreed with the President on that one.

That said, the bills are still being written, so we shall see.

No, BIGROB, I didn't expect you to defend them...but to take a serious look at the underlying current that is feeding the vitriolic attitudes that are feed with something 'BAD' with each new sunrise for such a new president with so much on his plate and shoulders...sure makes many in the middle of America think that there is something afoot and when we turn a 'blind eye' to the problem then the problem just continues to become the elephant in the room that smells like bad B.O. but nobody wants to acknowledge. Perhaps it is different in other parts of America but seems especially too true right here in the 'MIDDLE of AMERICA'. Sad but true!!!

And what I 'SAW' was an addendum to 'CLARIFY' what had already been written...

The problem here is that Jimmy Carter has not agreed with Obama.

Obviously Carter should apologize for calling Wilson a racist and then
we can all move on.

But something tells me Carter is too proud to admit he made a mistake!

Carter/Obama are just creating a racial divide in the US, when real problems need to resolved.

The problem here is that Jimmy Carter has not agreed with Obama.

Obviously Carter should apologize for calling Wilson a racist and then
we can all move on.

But something tells me Carter is too proud to admit he made a mistake!

Carter/Obama are just creating a racial divide in the US, when real problems need to resolved.

Yeah, good point! jimmy the Jew hating carter should say he is sorry but he wont, even though the obama admin. said he was wrong.

I dont think obama or any of the other former Presidents like carter. Do you remember a couple of months back when all of the presidents got together. Clinton, and Bush 2 with obama did everything they could to keep away from carter. Only Bush 1 went anyplace near him. He is disgusting.

Bait all you want...your prejudice shows in your comment...I'm stating the fact that everyone has some form of prejudice to overcome and I used my life as an example. The use of labels is the first indicator that their is bigotry at work. If you have a problem with my post, great, challenge it; but please don't categorize me.
.....As someone who promotes the generic-definition of prejudice??

Yeah....why would I want to entertain the concept you Independents might (just possibly) be attempting to distract from the-issue-at-hand.

:rolleyes:

Well typically if you want to claim someone is racist, shouldn't you wait until they actually do or say something racist.

Wilson did neither by yelling "you lie."
Yeah.....all-of-a-sudden, Joe Wilson "changed-his-spots", huh???

:rolleyes:

it seems that the left wing and the liberal media in effort to shift attention from the Health plan are begining to play the race card into this. Pretty shiity deal if you ask me... While Obama's numbers were up, they didn't seem to care at all, now they want to use race as an excuse for all the ****e that's going on. I think that they're playing with fire and they're gonna get burned...

Werbung:
Back