Cash for Clunkers is silly

asur

Another dumb idea from Obama.

The Democrats from the House Energy and Commerce Committee emerged from an hour-long discussion with Obama to announce that they had agreed to include a "cash for clunkers" provision in the energy bill currently moving through their committee.

That provision would essentially pay consumers to scrap older, less-efficient cars and buy newer, more efficient ones instead.

So who pays for the clunkers? The US taxpayers.
I knew it was coming, they are so predictable.
Why not just let the free market run it's course?

Every day we see more Government spending to create a false illusion this joke is
an economy in the US.

Werbung:
Ill say speaking for my own community, the local government employed a system where they would accept otherwise unwanted vehicles and in some cases pay a little scratch for them, to get them out of yards and and lots etc. Granted the circumstances of doing it on a scale of a few hundred cars compared to potentially a million or something cars is a totally different deal. Also the motivation behind the programs are two very different concerns.

As for the national one, unfortunately, I dont think it will meet its goals. But they never do, doesnt matter which party is in control. Its the huge secret flaw in Congress..... Dual party partisanship.

On the local scale we were able to exctract about 200 vehicles that for various reasons were unwanted and were in most cases put to good use. The school district took a number of them to use in shop classes and the like.
Others were turned into levy material for some erosion control. Then nearly a barge full were shipped to Seattle for scrap. In the end it didnt make any money, but wasnt all that expensive, mostly administrative costs. Largely it paid for itself.

When the EPA called to complain that the cars couldnt be use for levy works, we told them to go to hell, and won. I know it seems more rare than a blue tiger, but there is some history of success to these efforts.

National level, its probably an impossible job to manage, and I wouldnt want to be the poor sap who has to deal with that. It really depends on the return from the clunkers.

Ironically if I were to use that system, I'd likely use the money to buy another land yacht. Saw a Lincoln 77 Continental I'd like.

The idea is to help encourage giving both a depressed auto industry a little tiny bump and also take some of the oldest worst mpg and worst polluting cars off the road.

I'm impressed that our President is working every angle right down to the smallest little things to help anywhere he can.

My mother's husband just took advantage and got rid of his 1990 something Ford Explorer with 200,000K on it and bought a 2 year old Mazda Miata as their small car... mom bought an 09 Lexus ES350 as their larger car. So they both got new cars this year. Mom was able to get the tax credit for buying brand new.

Thank you Mr. President for your thoughtful work. Good man!

I think I'm going to take advantage of this problem to get another gas hog back on the road, and at the same time not buy a Chrysler or GM. :D

Hmm, I could buy a beater truck for parts...a guy I work with has a sweet-running but REALLY rotted big-block 4WD GMC Suburban. I could pull & sell the engine & anything else in good condition (offhand, the rear axle won't last 5 minutes at a big swap meet), then turn in what's left (basically the body & frame) for the money. Hmm, that might pay for the aluminum head swap in my Cadillac...

Now the program is upsetting and confusing people.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/07/28/autos/clunker_mpg_switch/?postversion=2009072811

Ask yourself do you want Obama running anything else this
way?

Even if he could run it well and he can't, the cost is still paid
by the taxpayers. Anytime you hear people bragging about the car
sales produced (which are anemic), just remember you are paying for those
clunkers. Obama ain't payin nothin.

This program is geared at the same people who fell for the subprime loans. Fooled 'em once...

I mean look, you have Top Gun right here with a cute little story about everything that could possibly happen to a human being on every issue from knowing bikers who did this and that, to the little children, and now his dear old Mama, as living proof of the good that Obam-ba is doing.

Sigh, It's a grand new day...La, La La....

"Ask yourself do you want Obama running anything else this way?"

Nah, we want another eight Republican years of corruption, needless wars, deregulation to trash the economy, lies, more trashing of the Constitution, more buffoonery when our leaders speak, more incompetence, more tax breaks for people earning over $1 million a year. Sure we just long for the good old days.

Greco - You are not alone,
many people wish they could go back to the Bush years!

The Rasmussen poll shows Obama at -10 approval today.
That's lower than the ratings for Bush at the same time.

I guess Americans are getting smarter under Obama, which is good!

"Ask yourself do you want Obama running anything else this way?"

Nah, we want another eight Republican years of corruption, needless wars, deregulation to trash the economy, lies, more trashing of the Constitution, more buffoonery when our leaders speak, more incompetence, more tax breaks for people earning over $1 million a year. Sure we just long for the good old days.

Oh look... a bunch of lies from a democrap. How shocking.

Put bluntly, if this first 7 months of Obama is what we can expect from the rest of his term, let's go get Bush and put him back in office. I'd even take McCain that scummy democrat wannabe at this point.

Among his many other faults, Obama has no sense of fiscal responsibility. He's the most spend-happy President we've ever had.

This coming from a party [GOP] who funneled trillions of dollars into an illegal war that wrecked our economy all so a few rich oilmen could hang onto the monopoly their families have enjoyed for many decades now. The same ones who have suppressed the means [alternatives] for our country to remain a strong and viable nation on the world market instead of funneling zillions away to foreigners hellbent on our destruction.

Lovely. Any more total BS spin or are you through for the day? So treason AND lying are the tools of the trade. Anything else?

what a horrible idea, to try to use less gas and help the auto sales...all at the same time....thats to effecient of a program to help 2 areas at once...

And reason 1000000000000, to not listen to andy about cars

he thinks we should all drive this still

Continental_Side.jpg

Werbung:
This coming from a party [GOP] who funneled trillions of dollars into an illegal war that wrecked our economy all so a few rich oilmen could hang onto the monopoly their families have enjoyed for many decades now. The same ones who have suppressed the means [alternatives] for our country to remain a strong and viable nation on the world market instead of funneling zillions away to foreigners hellbent on our destruction.

Lovely. Any more total BS spin or are you through for the day? So treason AND lying are the tools of the trade. Anything else?

Okay, but Obama has spent much more than we did.

Back