Cash for Clunkers is silly

I can tell you this all the auto dealers are absolutely loving this Cash for Clunkers program!!!

It's been all over our local paper that this is really bringing in the business. And with a down economy and the auto industry in particular having been really struggling seems like a lot of good things all lined up at a critical time even if you don't include the important better mileage and less pollution benefit.

I drive all over Columbus and all of it's surrounding suburbs 5 days a week and every Dealership lot I went by had a long to mega long string of cars all maked with the Clunker sticker that means they've been traded in and will be getting the liquid glass in the engine treatment to lock them up & kill them permanently before they are scrapped.

Every Clunker you see on a new car lot is a new car deal now! That's helping the struggling Dealers and on a national scale running some big bucks through the economy.

Werbung:
I can tell you this all the auto dealers are absolutely loving this Cash for Clunkers program!!!

It's been all over our local paper that this is really bringing in the business. And with a down economy and the auto industry in particular having been really struggling seems like a lot of good things all lined up at a critical time even if you don't include the important better mileage and less pollution benefit.

I drive all over Columbus and all of it's surrounding suburbs 5 days a week and every Dealership lot I went by had a long to mega long string of cars all maked with the Clunker sticker that means they've been traded in and will be getting the liquid glass in the engine treatment to lock them up & kill them permanently before they are scrapped.

Every Clunker you see on a new car lot is a new car deal now! That's helping the struggling Dealers and on a national scale running some big bucks through the economy.

got to love seeing that, anything to get this econ going, so they have more confidence to buy, and thus line my pocketbook with more as well. Also good for the envirment and reducing oil needs... what more do you want...unless your a republican who wants to see it fail, just to see it fail.

Wow, I guess those Republicans must have been wishing hard. Ran out of money after what, 4 days?

Obam-ba talks but the money don't walk.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The House on Friday passed a bill to allocate another $2 billion to the Cash for Clunkers program.

The move came after reports on Thursday had raised concerns that the program was out of money.

The bill which diverts $2 billion from a U.S. Department of Energy program loan guarantee program, passed 316-109. The bill will face tough opposition in the Senate which is not expected to vote before Monday.

The U.S. Department of Energy's Loan Guarantee Program paves the way for federal support of clean energy projects that use innovative technologies, and spurs further investment in these advanced technologies.

Established under Title XVII of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, the Secretary of Energy is authorized to make loan guarantees to qualified projects in the belief that accelerated commercial use of these new or improved technologies will help to sustain economic growth, yield environmental benefits, and produce a more stable and secure energy supply.

Explain this please: Obam-ba wants to get older cars off the road and pay us a whole $4600 toward a new car and to give a boost the auto industry and help the environment. But to do this, he is diverting funds intended for industries to have incentives to clean up the environment, and stablize energy supply.

Here is my guess.

The Cash for Clunkers funds the Labor Unions/ Democratic Party indirectly at GM.
We know that taxpayers will be buying those clunkers and therefore supporting Obama
and his croonies, in tax payments. Even worse, Gov't Motors is matching the 4500 with up to 4500 matching funds (9K total) coming straight out of the taxpayers pocket, to
sell GM cars. Remember Obama's croonies don't even pay their taxes, so it's no skin
off their teeth!

Remember GM doesn't have to turn a real profit anymore, it's income comes from
taxpayers now.

Keeping the corrupt democratic machine running is more important
than any environmental concerns.

Another dumb idea from Obama.

The Democrats from the House Energy and Commerce Committee emerged from an hour-long discussion with Obama to announce that they had agreed to include a "cash for clunkers" provision in the energy bill currently moving through their committee.

That provision would essentially pay consumers to scrap older, less-efficient cars and buy newer, more efficient ones instead.

So who pays for the clunkers? The US taxpayers.
I knew it was coming, they are so predictable.
Why not just let the free market run it's course?
You mean the way Lil' Dumbya bailed-out the banks, right?

:rolleyes:

We're a capitalistic-society! The only way (obviously) to initiate change, in this country, is to give people a financial-incentive to do so!

Once you're old-enough to pay taxes, you'll understand.​

Shaman, why don't you stick to what you do know something about: Drugs, crayons, and....oops, I guess that's it.

Shaman, why don't you stick to what you do know something about: Drugs, crayons, and....oops, I guess that's it.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....and, you'd rely on people's maturity to do the right thing, huh?

Good luck, with that!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. What the hell does "maturity" have to do with anything in this post? God, you must be smoking a lot today.

Do tell, explain what you know about this program, what it has done, what it was supposed to do, and how the program that Obam-ba is robbing, to try to not look like an ass for another failed attempt, (that incentive package was a real corker, eh), is supposed to operate. You're so smart, can draw with crayons, tell us all.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. What the hell does "maturity" have to do with anything in this post? God, you must be smoking a lot today.

Do tell, explain what you know about this program, what it has done, what it was supposed to do, and how the program that Obam-ba is robbing, to try to not look like an ass for another failed attempt, (that incentive package was a real corker, eh), is supposed to operate. You're so smart, can draw with crayons, tell us all.
Hey....go tell your Mom she's callin' you....

That's what I thought. You don't know anything about anything, except pot. What a joke you are.

Wow, I guess those Republicans must have been wishing hard. Ran out of money after what, 4 days?

Obam-ba talks but the money don't walk.

Yeah they spend just about every waking moment praying for America to fail don't they!:D

BUT THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN BECAUSE WE'RE AMERICA!:D And trying to spin this great thing into a somehow bad thing is about as weak as it gets.:D

As I said earlier this cash for Clunkers has performed above and beyond anyones wildest hopes. So much so Congress is diverting another 2 billion to do more of it. That's FANTASTIC.

Break it down and look not only at the gas savings and the reduction in pollution but simply the immediate influx of cash into our economic system (read that instant stimulus) and it's even targeted at on of our hardest hit and struggling economic sectors... the auto industry!

That's frickin AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to knock it out of the park Mr. President!!!!!!!!

I'm going to break down the dollar impact in my reply to pocket.

got to love seeing that, anything to get this econ going, so they have more confidence to buy, and thus line my pocketbook with more as well. Also good for the envirment and reducing oil needs... what more do you want...unless your a republican who wants to see it fail, just to see it fail.

LOVE IT doesn't even begin to cover it.:D

Look at this immediate influx of cash into our economy that was just sitting on the sidelines just a few days ago.

Think of this. They've already run out of a billion dollars and 2 more billion is on the way. See how many times $4000 (the average between $3500 & $4500) goes into 3 billion. That's 750,000 new cars sold right here in America.

Now figure every car sold retails for an average of say 4 times the Cash for Clunkers rebate or $16,000 total (and this is probably a low average cost). So take away the $4000 rebate from a $16,000 per car purchase and then times that $12,000 customer cash per car by the 750,000 brand new cars sold.

THAT'S $9,000,000,000 (NINE BILLION DOLLARS) of new customer money... not even including the rebate $3,000,000,000 that swoosh is pushed immediately into the economy and all of it is also going through probably our most struggling industry!

IS THAT FRICKIN' AWESOME OR WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Werbung:
Now the Obama Administration is afraid to publicly disclose the stats on Cash for Clunkers.
Some are speculating more than 60% of the cash is going to foreign car companies.

According to data floating around Capitol Hill, the top five cars being purchased under the program are: 1. Ford Focus, 2. Toyota Corolla, 3. Honda Civic, 4. Toyota Prius and 5. Toyota Camry. Some folks are noting sourly that four of the top five models are made by Japanese companies.

It's speculation at this point. But since Obama's administration is anytime but honest
and forthcoming with this data, we will have to wait to see the facts.

It's bad enough we have to pay for clunkers, but now the money
may be going to Japan?

By the way the Democrats want to push more money into the program without any disclosure or questions.

Back