Catholic church complains because 9 year rape victim gets abortion

Brazil's laws allow an abortion when the life of the mother is at risk. In this case the doctor said it was at risk.

Could it be that there is more to this story than meets the eye?

This article:

http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-M...nant-with-twins-is-forced-to-have-an-abortion

Says that the girl was forced to have the abortion.

If she was forced that is really extra sad. That poor kid. What happened to her is sad enough. forcing her to let them kill her children is above horrible.

This is one of those really tough ones to make a call on, if it really would have killed her to have them, what other choice was there....the only for sure thing is that this is really really sad for that poor little girl and her babies who died of course

Werbung:
If she was forced that is really extra sad. That poor kid. What happened to her is sad enough. forcing her to let them kill her children is above horrible.

This is one of those really tough ones to make a call on, if it really would have killed her to have them, what other choice was there....the only for sure thing is that this is really really sad for that poor little girl and her babies who died of course

Nobody is challenging the ethical validity of a non-culpable self-defense, least of all the catholic church. However difficult the situation is, the ethical choice is nonetheless clear -- the defense of every human life, in whatever form it manifests.

yes unless its about child molestation,...or the death penalty, or many other things.

If you think the Church supports the molestation of children then you are delusional.

Further, in regard to the death penalty, the Church will tell you the death penalty is wrong, unless it is necessary to "defend and protect society from the aggressor." How you may interpret this, does not make it inconsistent with the overall message of the Church.

If you think the Church supports the molestation of children then you are delusional.

Further, in regard to the death penalty, the Church will tell you the death penalty is wrong, unless it is necessary to "defend and protect society from the aggressor." How you may interpret this, does not make it inconsistent with the overall message of the Church.

'Necessary' being the operative word.

Putting a convict in a cage is exactly the amount of force necessary for the state to defend and protect society.

And of course on that island, there were no churches, not radio, no television, no magazines, no books, no social influences other than atheists and pro abortion people. Have you ever wondered why a person who is born in a desert amids only Muslims, they grow up Muslim?

Because it is far easier to listen to your neighbors than it is to listen to that small voice which informs you about what is right and what is wrong.

An unborn fetus or embryo is not yet a human being.

Fetus is a Latin word that means young one, or little child. ... A fetus is not just a blob of tissue, rather a fetus is Latin for offspring or young one.

Its a word they dont want to translate to english because it would sound really gross to say

abort your little one
or lets do stem cell research on your offspirng

An unborn fetus or embryo is not yet a human being.

It is clearly human.

It is clearly a being (not just an arm)

I think you meant to say that it is not yet a person. Though that would be based on your assumption of what a person is and your assumption that it is not yet one. It very well might be a person. There is no standard definition of what makes a person a person. The only legal definition that exist is the one that says a human is a person.

And even if it is not a person, when people go around killing any other humans, when they define them as not persons, we prosecute them for murder or war crimes. The only people who go around saying that some human is not a person are those that are trying to de-humanize some group - like slaves or jews or blacks. If you discover that you are falling into the same category and using the same strategies as those who have de-humized some group so they can kill them it might be cause for pause.

only if it was the fetus of a doggy :)

Hmmm? Let me try again. If it is not a dog then maybe it is a cat.:)

Can you give me a hint? Is there some species out there that shares the same genetic code? Did it's parents belong to some particular species?

I am sure that if I knew what it was genetically or if I knew what species it's parents were I could figure out what species it [the fetus] is.

Werbung:
Hmmm? Let me try again. If it is not a dog then maybe it is a cat.:)

Can you give me a hint? Is there some species out there that shares the same genetic code? Did it's parents belong to some particular species?

I am sure that if I knew what it was genetically or if I knew what species it's parents were I could figure out what species it [the fetus] is.

I wish someone would take this to court and lets define once and for all who is a person and who is not a person

and I wish they would translate the word fetus to english and we would be forced to use that translated word

I wonder if it will ever be resolved
I hope so

Back