Census Bureau kicks ACORN out of the 2010 census

Little-Acorn

Even Obama's Census Bureau has admitted that ACORN isn't worth dealing with. At this rate, it's only a matter of time before the Census is back in the Commerce Dept. Kicking ACORN out of the census, is a major step in the right direction, however.

ACORN seems to be blaming some sort of vast right-wing conspiracy, as a means of avoiding answering any of the actual points made by the filmmakers who taped their employees telling people to do various illegal things. ACORN has also announced that the tapes are somehow "doctored", though they have cited no evidenc that it's so. They also have not explained how the tax evasion recommended by their employees, is NOT the illegal act it appears to be.

Finally, they have not explained, if the employees' acts were as innocent and aboveboard as they insist they are, why they fired those employees immediately after the tapes came out.

-----------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/14/lawmakers-continue-probes-acorn/

The Census Bureau notified ACORN on Friday in a letter that it was severing all ties with the group for all work related to the 2010 census.

"Over the last several months, through ongoing communication with our regional offices, it is clear that ACORN's affiliation with the 2010 Census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 Census efforts," read a letter from Census Director Robert Groves to the president of ACORN.

"Unfortunately, we no longer have confidence that our national partnership agreement is being effectively managed through your many local offices," the letter continued. "For the reasons stated, we therefore have decided to terminate the partnership."

In response, ACORN officials blamed FOX News and conservatives....

ACORN chief organizer Bertha Lewis said the videos capturing her former workers were "doctored, edited...."

Werbung:
I dont trust this, I know acorn already changed their name.. they will still get fed tax dollars but they will just get it under a differnt name, I think they will end up working for the census too but just under another name.

I dont trust this, I know acorn already changed their name.. they will still get fed tax dollars but they will just get it under a differnt name, I think they will end up working for the census too but just under another name.

This is probably the most important result to come out of the ACORN tapes. If Congress cuts off their funding (as the Senate has already voted to do), that will be even better.

These people have been trying to gain more and more influence over our country, and for no good ends. Anything that cuts that back, is a good thing.

Werbung:

I've heard that they have already changed the name, for at least part of their corporation. Any idea what the new name is?

Back