1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Cheney to be BUSTED in Texas

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by n0spam4me, Nov 20, 2008.

1. n0spam4me

n0spam4me Member

Richard Cheney is to face criminal charges in Texas, and its about time!
    Look up the NEWS on this subject.

Contact your Congresspeople and DEMAND JUSTICE!

Bush & Cheney are Crooks!

2. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Congress has nothing do with this...You remember, that whole "separation of powers" thing.

Aside from that, you fail to point out that as of now there are only indictments (in a dubious sounding case) that are not even signed by a judge. Without that, it goes nowhere.

3. Castle

Castle New Member

EXACTLY! Just as this nonsense did in Vermont. It will end up exactly where it belongs......in the waste bin.

4. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

5. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

Oh,

There will be indictments. And Cheney should be praying they'll be limited to this miniscule Texas debacle...but they won't be.

Congress will be hauling him in soon enough on much more dicey issues. You haven't heard the last of the trials and tribulations of Mr. Dick "Invisible Man" Cheney, nor of his handpuppet Dubya either for that matter.

6. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Obama is not going to allow for the prosecution of Bush or Cheney for anything major like you are wanting, he will simply pardon them. The reason being, he does not want to set up the precedent that you can put former Presidents on trial for doing something you disagree with while they were in office.

All Presidents are concerned about passing on a stronger office to the one that follows them. If you start allowing for prosecutions, that will hardly be the case.

7. Sihouette

Sihouette Active Member

Congress may override him. Or he may put up a mock protest to pardon them and give into "Congressional pressure".

We can only hope. The world wants our war criminals punished just as badly as it did those criminals responsible for torture in Nazi Germany.

Remember the Nuremberg Trials? They happened. And they happened because the world demanded it. Because torture was happening in Germany and there were people responsible.

Ever been water-boarded?

8. foggedinn

foggedinn New Member

The Texas indictments will go nowhere, howerver, it would probably be in Mr. Cheney's best interests not to travel abroad for the rest of his life. I believe there are countries that take torture and various other war crimes seriously.

Because of our collective culpability, we can't hold him responsible for what he's done.

9. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

You do not enhance the power of the office by caving in to faux "Congressional pressure." The concern is not can he do it, the concern is protecting the office of the Presidency.

Bush is not a war criminal, and we are certainly not going to let a President of ours be paraded off in front of an international court we do not recognize to begin with. It does not matter what the world wants, no sitting US President is going to stand idly by if a former President is put on trial for war crimes. Especially not when it is dubious if he broke any laws to begin wit.

Yes, I have been.

As for Nuremberg, we are systematically exterminating a race of people. The scenarios are quite different.

10. n0spam4me

n0spam4me Member

"dubious if he broke any laws to begin wit."

By what standard do you come to that conclusion?

Given that John J. Gettodweller can't so much as jaywalk without getting busted and the PRESIDENT gets away with all sorts of CRIMINAL acts.

Given that the COMMANDER in CHIEF sat on his a$$ in a Photo-Op
    While AMERICA was under attack and people died in that attack,
    then this is NOT simple dereliction of duty, this is dereliction of duty with the Commander in Chiefs inaction directly contributing to the death of citizens!

We have sufficient evidence to prosecute!

Lets Roll!

11. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

This is hilarious. I am not sure what is worse, that you actually believe this, or you think you are convincing anyone else.

12. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

That's the most retarded thing I've heard in some time. What do you think he should have done? Started running around crazily screaming and yelling? Or maybe jumped in his jet as soon as he heard, leaving all the kids, as well as everyone watching, in a state of shocked horror?

Oh, and due tell how many thousands of people would have been instantly saved if Bush had.... what? Come on, this is foolishly stupid. The massive 10 minutes required to finish the story, and leave the children in a non-state of panic, did not do anything. Nor would him jumping up, tossing the book, and running for his jet, have saved a single life.

OoooOOOooo maybe he could have used air force one to left people off the roofs of the build! The hell are you thinking?

What ignorant crap. Grow up.

13. Rhodri

Rhodri New Member

What war crimes are we talking about here?