Chris Christie is being sued. Can we sue Obama too?

steveox

Another headache for New Jersey's Christie: class-action lawsuit

NEW YORK (Reuters) - As if he did not have enough headaches, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is facing a potential class-action lawsuit arising from the monster traffic jams his aides are accused of creating, although experts question the strength of the case.

A personal injury lawyer from Fort Lee, New Jersey, filed the case in federal court on behalf of six local residents who missed work or suffered other alleged damages due to the traffic jam last September. Many more people could join the plaintiffs if the court allows the case to become a class action.

The lawsuit was filed on Thursday, a day after New Jersey officials released emails that appeared to show the Republican governor's staff plotting a massive traffic jam in September, seemingly to retaliate against the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee for not endorsing Christie's re-election campaign.

Rosemarie Arnold, the lawyer behind the lawsuit, said she has received "tons" of emails from residents detailing damages, including panic attacks, caused by the traffic jam.

"I have no political motivation whatsoever," said Arnold, who specializes in cases involving car accidents, defective products and wrongful death. "I'm a Republican. I voted for him."

http://news.yahoo.com/another-heada...-class-action-lawsuit-235406901--finance.html

Can I sue Barrack Obama cause I lost my job? I had a job in movie theater but then I got laid off because economic reasons. This came in after 1 year Obama got elected. So can I run to my lawyer and make that a case against Obama admin?

Werbung:
Back