1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

CHRISTIANITY is EVIL!

Discussion in 'Culture & Religion' started by vyo476, May 22, 2007.

1. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

Thought I'd borrow some of pale rider's and jb's logic to prove a point.

That's from the Book of Genesis - Lot, who was formerly declared a "just" and "righteous" man in the book, offers his two virgin daughters to an angry mob to keep them away from God's messengers.

Seems like they're in love...but wait a minute...
    So much for love...Dinah's brothers go and slaughter not only the guy who "defiled" her, but also his father and the rest of the town.
    And so much for Dinah...at best they're chastising her for giving away her virginity before marriage. At worst they're equating a victim of rape to a whore. Way to go.

Kinda speaks for itself.

That's it for Genesis...we'll be taking a look at Exodus in the next post.

2. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

On to Exodus...

What was that about "Thou shalt not kill"? Maybe it was really, "Thou shalt not kill - but I will!" It even rhymes.

Here we see God setting up Pharaoh so that Pharaoh won't be receptive to what Moses proposes (there's that rhyming again) so that God can do the whole plagues thing and teach those crazy Egyptians (not just Pharaoh, who is already a major league asshole) a lesson. I guess this is why whenever a leader indiscriminately visits suffering on innocents just to prove his superiority we say he has a "God complex."

So, a premeditated and direct assault on the people of an opposing nation used to weaken their and their leader's resolve to continue on a set course? Does it frighten you at all that God and William Sherman seem to have similar ideas on how defeat the enemy?

Indeed.

Because there's no better way to express your love and appreciation for your God than by slaughtering a whole bunch of innocent animals and then burning their carcasses, right? Reminds me of a phrase I once heard..."All dogs go to heaven." Suddenly I wonder if maybe they'd rather be chilling in another afterlife, say with an omnipotent being that doesn't enjoy the random slaughter of animals.

No swearing, Johnny, or we'll take you out back and bust in your skull with a big rock...

So it isn't all right to beat your servant to death. That's good.
    Oh...never mind...

Yeah, cause that worked out so well for the guy Dinah slept with.

How many thousands of women have died because of this verse?

There we have it, ladies and gentlemen: this is your Christian "jihad." If he's worshiping another God...kill him.

I could go on...there are some pretty ridiculous things in Exodus, like the regulations for what to do when an ox gores someone (most involve stoning the ox to death) and those fun provisions about how working on the Sabbath is punishable by death (more stoning - makes you wonder if God is a Phish fan).

3. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

In case anyone wanted a taste of the New Testament too, here's some Revelations for you.

That's Jesus that this is talking about. Anyone who ever thought that Jesus was the original hippie...look no farther.

I think this all speaks for itself.

4. jb_1430

jb_1430 New Member

Well these guys simeon and Levi seem like some evil dudes. Doesnt this take place thousands of years before Christianity and Jesu were even born? how does that show Christianity is evil? I see the recounting of an event. Where is the commandment to those in the present. Add something like 9.123] "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you ", that can be applied to the present, and I might see your point. MARK

5. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

As I understand it, the Bible tells stories of righteous men to set an example for future generations of Christianity. While these things do take place before the formation of Christianity they are still held as Christian religious texts (the Old Testament is still a part of the Christian Bible, unless I'm much mistaken).

Anyway, keep reading and you'll see that there are a few particularly damning statements made by God. As for a comparison to the quote you posted...try this one:

Also, try reading the whole post if you plan on commenting on it.

6. jb_1430

jb_1430 New Member

So in the second coming Jesus is going to wage war. Has no impact on the present and doesnt command believers to take any action. Sounds like a prophecy for the future as opposed to a commandment to "slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush," MARK

7. jb_1430

jb_1430 New Member

Of course you are. You are just making this **** up as you go along. Here are a few different interpretations of the old testament in Christianity. Notice that none of them even resemble the theology of your own creation.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Testament#Christian_view_of_the_Law

MARK

8. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

One of the chief charges against Muhammad is that he was more of a warlord than a religious leader. It looks to me that Jesus can be viewed in the same light. If it were meant to have no impact on the present it wouldn't have been in the damn book.

As for something that is as bad as that - no, but the Bible is a great deal more subtle about these types of things. Check this out:

Once again, that's Jesus. He might not be saying, "Go out and kill infidels!" but he is saying, "I didn't come to spread peace, I came to make war." And somehow I doubt he was there to make war on his own believers.

That, by the way, was during his first stay on Earth - not the second coming, as in the passage about the Horse and all that. Oops?

9. jb_1430

jb_1430 New Member

I dont believe Jesus ever killed anybody. He was a pascivist. Turn the other cheek and all of that. Well, it has an impact in that it leads believers to fear jesus upon the second coming and possibly compels them to be good and avoid sin in the present.

Revealing to see your lame arguements here regarding christianity, and compare them with the ease with which you dismiss all the Islamic writings as metaphors for something other than the meaning of the words. MARK

10. ArmChair General

ArmChair General New Member

Doesn't Jesus even say in the New Testament that people should still follow the Old Testament?

11. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

People who say Islam is evil can't win here. Islam is only evil if people use it for evil, just like Christianity.

12. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

Maybe he didn't kill anybody, but he was meant to be presented as a warlike figure who was fully capable of killing, even if he never actually did it. Somehow I doubt he was ever really cloaked in blood, leading an army in white linen (something tells me the Romans would have had a much tougher time crucifying him if he had). Still, the passage exists, and for a reason - to incite fear of violence and death, perpetuated by Jesus Christ.

This thread was designed to prove a point. You're using the same basic tactics to dismiss the "evils" of Christianity as I use to dismiss the "evils" of Islam. I don't actually think Christianity is evil - this whole thread is just to prove my point in the Islam thread.

13. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

Here's some more lovely stuff from the Christian Bible (Book of Deuteronomy):

All that sounds terribly familiar.

14. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

Basically Mark, you've lost this one. If you follow either of these religions literally, and act upon the text in ways like the quotes above, then your religion is going to be evil.

15. jb_1430

jb_1430 New Member

Does seem thats what you two keep trying to convince yourselves of.
    Personally, I see you both making fools of yourselves. MARK