Christians need to brush up on facts, atheist know more about Religion?

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-religion-survey,0,7375137.story

the study showed that atheist ( and agnostics I think are included with them..) knew more about facts about religion then Protistants, or Catholics, or anyone else..Jews and Mormons where 2nd and 3rd...

why is this? and I know I have found this to be the case with many Christians I know...where I knew more then they did on subjects, especial historical

Werbung:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/wire/sns-religion-survey,0,7375137.story

the study showed that atheist ( and agnostics I think are included with them..) knew more about facts about religion then Protistants, or Catholics, or anyone else..Jews and Mormons where 2nd and 3rd...

why is this? and I know I have found this to be the case with many Christians I know...where I knew more then they did on subjects, especial historical

It seems at times its moreimportant to them But a skeptic or atheist is governed by two main principles: 1) all beliefs must be supported by observational evidence, and 2) beliefs that contradict observational evidence cannot be tolerated. However, strong atheism states that there is no god, even though observational evidence indicates that the universe has a cause that cannot be detected observationally. So despite the lack of observational evidence for a naturalistic cause for the universe, the strong atheist believes that the universe has a naturalistic cause and that there is no god, contradicting the tenet that all beliefs should be based upon observational evidence.

regards
doug

Was it this test?

http://features.pewforum.org/quiz/us-religious-knowledge/index.php

I just took it if that is the same quiz

You answered 14 out of 15 questions correctly
for a score of 93%.

You beat me by one.

Catholics actually buy the idea of transubstantiation? Really? According to that, they do. I'd read somewhere that was a myth.

All REAL Catholics believe that the wine and bread become the actual blood and body of Christ. Protestants believe that the wine and blood symbolizes the blood and body.

Catholics also believe something I find odd. The immaculate conception...

Do you think they are talking about the the way Jesus was conceived? Nope, they are talking about the immaculate conception of his mother Mary...

That one blows me away more than the wine turning to blood.

All REAL Catholics believe that the wine and bread become the actual blood and body of Christ. Protestants believe that the wine and blood symbolizes the blood and body.

Catholics also believe something I find odd. The immaculate conception...

Do you think they are talking about the the way Jesus was conceived? Nope, they are talking about the immaculate conception of his mother Mary...

That one blows me away more than the wine turning to blood.

The Immaculate Conception of Mary has nothing to do with how anyone was "conceived". It basically means that Mary was born without Original Sin.

The Immaculate Conception of Mary has nothing to do with how anyone was "conceived". It basically means that Mary was born without Original Sin.

I know but when I was younger I ( like most non Catholics) thought it was talking about how Jesus was conceived and later found out it was something about Mary not Jesus.

I know but when I was younger I ( like most non Catholics) thought it was talking about how Jesus was conceived and later found out it was something about Mary not Jesus.

Haha nope, thats the incarnation. ;)

Im an atheist and i know the Bible is pure phony. Every Religion is make believe. If Religion was true then prayers should been answered by now. Id would had a beautiful girl with kids by now if my prayer was answered. Ravens would gone to the super bowl last year if my prayer was answered. Orioles would gone to the World series last year if my prayer was answered. And i would been a Millionare if my prayer was answered by now. Heaven is all make believe if you believe heaven is real then how come my mother didnt see heaven in her near death experance? How come my Dad didnt see heaven in his near death experance? How come I didnt see heaven in my near death experance? And then thing about hell isnt in a hot firey place with a devil with long horns a tail and carries a pitch fork. Its right here on earth. So explain how the Bible is real along with Religion?

Im an atheist and i know the Bible is pure phony. Every Religion is make believe. If Religion was true then prayers should been answered by now. Id would had a beautiful girl with kids by now if my prayer was answered. Ravens would gone to the super bowl last year if my prayer was answered. Orioles would gone to the World series last year if my prayer was answered. And i would been a Millionare if my prayer was answered by now. Heaven is all make believe if you believe heaven is real then how come my mother didnt see heaven in her near death experance? How come my Dad didnt see heaven in his near death experance? How come I didnt see heaven in my near death experance? And then thing about hell isnt in a hot firey place with a devil with long horns a tail and carries a pitch fork. Its right here on earth. So explain how the Bible is real along with Religion?

So, if you can't boss god around, if he doesn't give you whatever you ask for, does that mean that there is no god?

Werbung:
So, if you can't boss god around, if he doesn't give you whatever you ask for, does that mean that there is no god?

Well can you boss the Genie around if you rub his lamp?
25gqzaa.jpg

Your wishes are his commands. Same goes as prayers.

Back