Christie gives tuition deal to illegals

Jim415

• Christie gives tuition deal to illegals

Huffington Post

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Students at New Jersey public colleges who are in the United States illegally will get an immediate tuition break after Gov. Chris Christie signed a bill Friday allowing them to pay in-state tuition rates.

The bill, which had become a political complication for the Republican governor and possible presidential candidate in 2016, was the result of a deal reached Thursday.

Until now, foreign-born students who are not citizens have paid the more expensive out-of-state tuition rate.

The difference is significant. At Rutgers, the state's flagship public university, the in-state tuition is $10,700 annually — $14,000 less than the out-of-state cost. Full-time students also pay nearly $3,000 in fees, and room and board are extra.

At least a dozen states have similar laws, including Texas and California, the two states with larger foreign-born populations than New Jersey.

Hey if you're an American but not from NJ you have to pay more, but if you're not even from America and you're breaking the law, we'll give you a deal.

Werbung:
Everyone should know by now that Christie is just another Leftist.

Republicans and Democrats are no different from one another these days. They both support the corporations, illegal immigration, and homosexual agenda.

Christie h e is the fat guy

ChristieCone.jpg

And Christie won reelection by a hugeargin thanks to the hispanic vote. Not saying its right but maybe there are times to pick your fights so that you remain in the fight. Hispanic is the fastest growing population in the country.

And Christie won reelection by a hugeargin thanks to the hispanic vote. Not saying its right but maybe there are times to pick your fights so that you remain in the fight. Hispanic is the fastest growing population in the country.
What's the point of jockeying for position on the bridge after the Titanic has hit the iceberg? The ship taking on water and nobody has any credible or realistic plan to stop the deluge... It may take another generation or two but this ship is going down.

What's the point of jockeying for position on the bridge after the Titanic has hit the iceberg? The ship taking on water and nobody has any credible or realistic plan to stop the deluge... It may take another generation or two but this ship is going down.
Probably so irrespective of who is at the helm. But who do you prefer to have calling the shots in the rebuild ?

Probably so irrespective of who is at the helm. But who do you prefer to have calling the shots in the rebuild ?
The "rebuild" won't happen for another generation or two, his being in office now is irrelevant. I said before the GOP should pack up their tent and disappear from the political landscape, let the Dems have everything, totally unopposed politically. Without a scapegoat to blame for all their epic failures, Progressivism would implode. Between the "rebuild" and now, we need to bring about a second age of enlightenment to bring us out of the second dark age the current political climate of forced collectivism has brought about.

There will be no rebuild without a change in management.
The problem with Christie is ideological, he accepts the premises of the Left, as most Republicans do: If somebody "needs" money for something "we" think is important, then "other" people - those who "we" don't think deserve it - should be forced to provide that money to us so that "we" may give that money - sans our finder$ fee of course - to those "we" think actually deserve to have it.

The "rebuild" won't happen for another generation or two, his being in office now is irrelevant. I said before the GOP should pack up their tent and disappear from the political landscape, let the Dems have everything, totally unopposed politically. Without a scapegoat to blame for all their epic failures, Progressivism would implode. Between the "rebuild" and now, we need to bring about a second age of enlightenment to bring us out of the second dark age the current political climate of forced collectivism has brought about.
The political climate you speak of has flourished for decades in other Marxist countries, by force of course, without anyone to blame.

If the R's go away and the D's loose their number one source of blame, I don't see that causing an implosion of "the current political climate".

Most Americans already see past the blame game as it is and certainly prefer a change in the political climate now.

But, what can be done? What choices would we have then that haven't already been taken from us now?

The problem with Christie is ideological, he accepts the premises of the Left, as most Republicans do: If somebody "needs" money for something "we" think is important, then "other" people - those who "we" don't think deserve it - should be forced to provide that money to us so that "we" may give that money - sans our finder$ fee of course - to those "we" think actually deserve to have it.
Exactly ..... they are both Leftist big government parties working together to deny the majority of Americans a voice in the political arena.

The political climate you speak of has flourished for decades in other Marxist countries, by force of course, without anyone to blame.

If the R's go away and the D's loose their number one source of blame, I don't see that causing an implosion of "the current political climate".

Most Americans already see past the blame game as it is and certainly prefer a change in the political climate now.

But, what can be done? What choices would we have then that haven't already been taken from us now?
I guess I wasn't clear... Republicans and Democrats have the same starting point - FORCED COLLECTIVISM. Until there is a credible alternative to that, nothing is going to change. Having Republicans offer a slightly less invasive form of forced collectivism than what the Dems offer is precisely why forced collectivism has flourished - it has no opposition.

Werbung:
I guess I wasn't clear... Republicans and Democrats have the same starting point - FORCED COLLECTIVISM. Until there is a credible alternative to that, nothing is going to change. Having Republicans offer a slightly less invasive form of forced collectivism than what the Dems offer is precisely why forced collectivism has flourished - it has no opposition.
Yes .... that was exactly what I was to understand you were saying. But, between amnesty and the Gov. using the IRS and other agencies to target it's true political opponents, I don't see anything changing at all. Whether the R's go away or not!

Back