1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Chuck Baldwin for 08

Discussion in 'Elections & Political Parties' started by newlibertyparty, May 27, 2008.

1. newlibertyparty

newlibertyparty New Member

Chuck Baldwin is the Constitutionalist candidate for 08; The New Liberty Party has decided to support Chuck Baldwin for his Presidential endeavor

2. Mare Tranquillity

Mare Tranquillity Active Member

I'm curious why you would even bother to post this snippet of information without giving us the benefit of your opinions of the man, a site where we could go to find out who and what he is in his own words, or a support site for his campaign. Why bother?

Are you a Constitutionalist? What are they? How do they differ from Islamic terrorists and Communits sympathizers and Lyndon La Rouche's people?

3. Here We Go

Here We Go New Member

[​IMG] Who is Chuck? Is he related to Alec?

4. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing :eek:

5. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Baldwin is the pastor of a Baptist church in Fla. He's extremely right wing, thinks Bush is too liberal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Baldwin

6. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
  7. Bunz

Bunz New Member

Great News! Another name on a ballot that will lose to the on-going write in campaign that Americans have with Mickey Mouse.

Really, just taking a few votes away from McCain. I doubt it, but hopefully he can win
    %1 in Florida and make a dent in that state. A vote for Baldwin, is a vote for Barak.

8. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

I should think the same thing would hold true with a vote for Bob Barr. He hopes to be on the ballot in 48 states and a poll by Rasmussen earlier this month showed him polling at 6%. In fact in a 4 way race with Nader it was Obama-42% McCain-38% Barr-6% and Nader-4%. The difference is, I doubt if Nader will get on anywhere near the 48 state ballots that Barr running as a Libertarian should be on. It could make a difference somewhere.

9. Bunz

Bunz New Member

I think Barr might get my vote if I could see the rest of his time spent with Borat before they cut off the footage. I have always wondered what was said after that.

10. newlibertyparty

newlibertyparty New Member

Actually This Chuck Baldwin is a radio talk show host in Iowa, yes he is a pastor, but not a baptist. He a little bit more liberal then Bush, though he does like a quite a few of his decision. (He lost a lot of votes when people say that, I know), but The constitutionalist is the third largest party in the nation, so hopefully he'll make a dent. I Just don't want any candidate getting the election easily (which I'm sure wont happen)

11. Truth-Bringer

Truth-Bringer New Member

Good point. The best we can probably hope for is a plurality win.

12. Truth-Bringer

Truth-Bringer New Member

Interesting. I didn't think Barr would perform that well. We'll have to wait and see. Even though I'm a member of the Libertarian Party, I just can't vote for Barr. And Baldwin is not my cup of tea either - I can't vote for a preacher. I guess I'll be writing in Ron Paul's name.