1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Clarence Thomas hates his job

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Whining again, token black conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas apparently doesn't like his job. If that's the case, he should wait until we have a Democratic president, then do everyone a favor and resign. He is both a hypocrite and an embarrassment to the court.
    http://thinkprogress.org/2007/12/20/clarence-thomas-hates-his-job/

2. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

He never said he hates his job to be fair. Thats a totally wrong statement. He said "I wouldn't say I like it", which it totally different.

3. Segep

Segep Member

I don't get it. He says it's not as glamorous as everyone thinks, and he has no privacy. It's satisfying to some extent because he's serving the public, but it's not very fun. Why does that make him a hypocrite or an embarassment? It sounds to me like he's being honest. That's a good quality in a judge, especially one in charge of interpreting our laws and Constitution.

4. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

Here's why, he's under qualified and a hypocrite. Thomas was appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals, and after only a year on that bench Bush and the U.S. Senate gave him a life-time appointment to the highest court in the land. The only qualifications he had to sit on the Supreme Court, was his skin color.

Because he has consistently voted against human rights and civil rights, a New York Times editorial called him the "cruelest" justice on the court. In five major cases involving civil rights and liberties, he has voted against minorities every time, including rulings against job discrimination and voting rights.

What a hypocrite. He took advantage of a minority recruitment program, to get into Holy Cross, and minority quotas to get into Yale Law School. Now, demonstrating hypocrisy, he would deny those same opportunities to others.

Add to that, the fact that he has demonstrated a distinct penchant for whining. His recent autobiography illustrates that quite well. Clarence Thomas a hypocrite and an embarrassment.

5. Segep

Segep Member

Oh I wasn't looking at his politics, only what he said, or at least what you quoted.