Clarence Thomas hates his job

Popeye

Whining again, token black conservative Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas apparently doesn't like his job. If that's the case, he should wait until we have a Democratic president, then do everyone a favor and resign. He is both a hypocrite and an embarrassment to the court.
Clarence Thomas hates his job.

Earlier this week, Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas spoke at Chapman University, revealing that he doesn’t even really “like” being a Supreme Court justice:

“There’s not much that entices about the job,” Thomas said, answering questions from the public that provided a rare glimpse of the man behind the office. “There’s no money in it, no privacy, no big houses, and from an ego standpoint, it does nothing for me.”

Thomas, 59, said the position is satisfying because he feels he’s serving the public, and he’s honored by it, “but I wouldn’t say I like it.”

“I like sports,” Thomas said. “I like to drive a motor home.”
http://thinkprogress.org/2007/12/20/clarence-thomas-hates-his-job/

Werbung:
He never said he hates his job to be fair. Thats a totally wrong statement. He said "I wouldn't say I like it", which it totally different.

I don't get it. He says it's not as glamorous as everyone thinks, and he has no privacy. It's satisfying to some extent because he's serving the public, but it's not very fun. Why does that make him a hypocrite or an embarassment? It sounds to me like he's being honest. That's a good quality in a judge, especially one in charge of interpreting our laws and Constitution.

I don't get it. He says it's not as glamorous as everyone thinks, and he has no privacy. It's satisfying to some extent because he's serving the public, but it's not very fun. Why does that make him a hypocrite or an embarassment? It sounds to me like he's being honest. That's a good quality in a judge, especially one in charge of interpreting our laws and Constitution.

Here's why, he's under qualified and a hypocrite. Thomas was appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals, and after only a year on that bench Bush and the U.S. Senate gave him a life-time appointment to the highest court in the land. The only qualifications he had to sit on the Supreme Court, was his skin color.

Because he has consistently voted against human rights and civil rights, a New York Times editorial called him the "cruelest" justice on the court. In five major cases involving civil rights and liberties, he has voted against minorities every time, including rulings against job discrimination and voting rights.

What a hypocrite. He took advantage of a minority recruitment program, to get into Holy Cross, and minority quotas to get into Yale Law School. Now, demonstrating hypocrisy, he would deny those same opportunities to others.

Add to that, the fact that he has demonstrated a distinct penchant for whining. His recent autobiography illustrates that quite well. Clarence Thomas a hypocrite and an embarrassment.

Werbung:
Oh I wasn't looking at his politics, only what he said, or at least what you quoted.

Back