Clarification of "terrorism"

Libsmasher

The word refers to a method of coercing or intimidating persons to achieve a goal. Terrorism can be used for a good or bad goal - eg, the atomic bomb is certainly terrifying, and it was used to end WWII.

The lib media has actually morphed the word into its large and growing list of PC terms. PC terms are distorted identifications used by the liberal establishment in an attempt to control how people think about things.

Thus, "islamofascist" becomes "terrorist", and

"the islamofascist 9/11 mass murder" becomes "the events of 9/11".

Both identifiers seek to strip the designations from their root connections.

Werbung:
The word refers to a method of coercing or intimidating persons to achieve a goal. Terrorism can be used for a good or bad goal - eg, the atomic bomb is certainly terrifying, and it was used to end WWII.

The lib media has actually morphed the word into its large and growing list of PC terms. PC terms are distorted identifications used by the liberal establishment in an attempt to control how people think about things.

Thus, "islamofascist" becomes "terrorist", and

"the islamofascist 9/11 mass murder" becomes "the events of 9/11".

Both identifiers seek to strip the designations from their root connections.

Lets get to the real truth here Libs..this thread isn't about the definition of terrorism. It's a pitiful attempt by you to rehabilitate your shattered reputation after your shameful attempt in this thread to justify abortion clinic bombings by referring to them as "ethical."

I've got an idea..instead of clarifying, you ought to be apologizing.

Any definition, if correct, will end up incorporting the activites of large, legitimate governments such as America and the UK. The term terrorist is branded about everywhere and is pretty worthless.

Any definition, if correct, will end up incorporting the activites of large, legitimate governments such as America and the UK. The term terrorist is branded about everywhere and is pretty worthless.

I disagree. Governments don't engage in "terrorism", they engage in WAR. Terrorism is "the use of terror, by NON-governmental individuals or groups, to influence governmental policies".

For instance I've heard the arguments about abortion clinic bombers like Eric Rudolph, the DC 'snipers', and even Timothy McVeigh being classified as "terrorists", and I couldn't disagree more. They are/were not terrorists, they are/were MURDERERS, nothing more and nothing less. It was never their intention to influence governmental policies, so they were not "terrorists", they weren't "freedom fighters", they weren't "patriots", they are/were MURDERERS.

Bill Ayers and his Weathermen, the Black Panthers, the SLA, WERE "terrorists", because it WAS their intention to bring about changes in governmental policy.

.....Yet, it's different when "conservatives" get to redefining. :rolleyes:

Lets get to the real truth here Libs..this thread isn't about the definition of terrorism. It's a pitiful attempt by you to rehabilitate your shattered reputation after your shameful attempt in this thread to justify abortion clinic bombings by referring to them as "ethical."

I've got an idea..instead of clarifying, you ought to be apologizing.

Nonsense - blowing up an abortion mill - especially if you get the chief killer can be a very good thing.

Nonsense - blowing up an abortion mill - especially if you get the chief killer can be a very good thing.

In other words, murdering a doctor performing a legal medical procedure is okay with you, even a "good thing." Fine, just don't give me or anybody else on this board anymore crap about how you believe in the rule of law.

Hey I've got a novel idea..you and any others that want abortion stopped..try changing the laws.

Werbung:
Back