Clinton Superdelegate Killed

Sihouette

I'll try again

...The chairman of the Arkansas Democratic Party was shot and killed Wednesday after a man opened fire inside party headquarters in Little Rock.

Chairman Bill Gwatney was shot “multiple times” in the upper body by a man who later escaped in a blue truck, Little Rock Police Lt. Terry Hastings said in a news conference. Gwatney died four hours later at University Hospital...

...Gwatney, who was 48 and owner of three car dealerships, was elected chairman of the state party in March 2007. He served 10 years in the Arkansas state Senate and was the finance chairman for Mike Beebe’s successful 2006 gubernatorial bid.

He also was a national superdelegate who had endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, according to the Web site Sourcewatch.org..Source: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08...d-in-shooting/

Originally I thought he was just wounded. I read that earlier in the day. Unfortunately he died.

There are some compelling facts that cannot be so easily dismissed or laid to rest.

1. That the gunman chose the democratic headquarters in Little Rock AR to shoot and kill specifically this one person there (he could've, in a rage, shot the receptionist or any first person he encountered, or a whole number of people). This was a targeted killing.

2. This targeted killing was of a Clinton superdelegate.

3. This targeted killing came on the eve of the dem convention, like a bomb threat at another Clinton campaign office earlier this year on the eve of another hinge Clinton vote.

4. Why a Clinton superdelegate was targeted is unknown, but the fact that he was singled out at that particular headquarters in Little Rock AR is a known fact.

Werbung:
LET ME GUESS... a Senator Obama contract killing?:D

I'll help ya get your next Obama smear story started here S.

The gunman was so upset that Hillary Clinton came in second (that would be first loser to you & me) that he bought a gun and went to confront Senator Obama. However after meeting Senator Obama he fell in gay love with him and even offered to buy him drugs.

Senator Obama seizing on this opportunity told the man he could not be the gunman's gay lover or do any drugs because he was secretly in love with Senator Clinton himself.

Outraged and in a fit of passion the gunman then tracked down the first Clinton Super Delegate he could find and mortally wounded him.

I'm not really very good at this... I'm sure you'll spice it up some!;)

Oh... and still... in 2 weeks Senator Obama our nominee.

LET ME GUESS... a Senator Obama contract killing?:D

I'll help ya get your next Obama smear story started here S.

The gunman was so upset that Hillary Clinton came in second (that would be first loser to you & me) that he bought a gun and went to confront Senator Obama. However after meeting Senator Obama he fell in gay love with him and even offered to buy him drugs.

Senator Obama seizing on this opportunity told the man he could not be the gunman's gay lover or do any drugs because he was secretly in love with Senator Clinton himself.

Outraged and in a fit of passion the gunman then tracked down the first Clinton Super Delegate he could find and mortally wounded him.

I'm not really very good at this... I'm sure you'll spice it up some!;)

Oh... and still... in 2 weeks Senator Obama our nominee.

That was some story and so easy to read in that nice blue font :)

I do wonder why the guy killed him, It said on the news after it happened the guy was mad about losing his job.

Yeah, but odd that he should single out Chairman Bill Gwatney at the democratic headquarters.

When people go postal, they usually don't discriminate so carefully.

An Obama contract killing? No, this was nothing like the execution-style murders in Chicago of alleged gay partners of Obama's. This was in broad daylight, in public, with witnesses.

The only thing we really know is that he was interested with his "anger" in one and only one man, in one and only one place. He went through quite a preliminary wooing process to get a private audience one-on-one, just with Gwatney....then shot him in cold blood right at the dem headquarters. I think he wanted live witnesses left. Why not just wait until Gwatney went to his car at closing time? This gunman left live witnesses and tried to get away. That's just another clue..

Now why would I think this was politically motivated, and done right when Clinton announced she would have her day at the convention? For all I know the GOP might be just as suspect as anyone...even with those Chicago deaths... I mean the GOP did then in late 2007 and does now so much want Obama to get the nomination over the feared Clinton..

Politics are so weird, you just never know. Or this could just be a guy who woke up one day and said, "gee, I think I'll go over to democratic headquarters in Little Rock and shoot Bill Gwatney and then run off."

Whatever he was thinking, he was singling out Gwatney at that time and place for a reason...

where did he work that he lost his job? for CLinton? Or maybe in some industry he felt she did not support? Or maybe just crazy and wanted attention ? hard to say.

And yea I am also waiting for some to start going it was a Hit by Obama....its only a matter of time. God I hate people.

There is no way Obama would've approved of this.

For the simple reason that it would garner empathy for the Clinton supporters as Gwatney was.

It does reek of a political statement though. The guy worked for Target. And in spite of the press' hopeful urgings, no evidence surfaced that he worked for Gwatney at all.

And even so, why seek out Gwatney at the democratic headquarters, in Little Rock AR on the eve of the Clinton nomination compromise? Don't tell me the guy didn't know that Little Rock was the old home place for the Clintons? Don't tell me he didn't know the ramifications of such a selected place and person?

He DID select Gwatney of any of a number of victims at hand that day. If the "rage" explanation wants to stick, he sure was awfully selective in who fell in his sights that fateful day.

The question remains: why?

When the news came over the radio the first time, I remember they said he was also suspected of going into a baptist church and making threats to kill a group there but then left.

I never heard that report since so it may or may not be true.

What a tragic incident. My thoughts and condolences go to the families affected. What a nightmare that I could only wish would never happen to another loved one.

While the facts are not out at this point, it appears there was a mentally ill person bent on violence that day. Unfortunately nobody will ever know the actual answers because the suspect decided to end his life.

What a tragic incident. My thoughts and condolences go to the families affected. What a nightmare that I could only wish would never happen to another loved one.

While the facts are not out at this point, it appears there was a mentally ill person bent on violence that day. Unfortunately nobody will ever know the actual answers because the suspect decided to end his life.

They will probably find out why he did this. Look through his house, talk to co workers check his political information. In time we will have a better idea of why.

That is a statement that is misleading. He ran from the shooting. If he desired to end his life, he'd have gone down in a blaze of "glory" right at the dem headquarters. Or shot himself right on the spot, though apparently he did make out a Will.

He singled out Gwatney and then tried to flee to sanctuary at the church. So he had at least some wits about him, some specific motivation and at least some desire to recover from what he did?

Not being able to interview him doesn't remove the ability to look at the circumstantial evidence...

There was a note he left:

SEARCY, Ark. (AP) _ The killer of Arkansas' Democratic Party chairman had written his victim's name on a Post-It note and had two sets of car keys bearing logos from his victim's car dealerships, but links between the men and a motive for the slaying remained a mystery to investigators Thursday.

Police said Timothy Dale Johnson, 50, also owned at least 16 guns, had antidepressant pills and made out a will before shooting Bill Gwatney on Wednesday at party headquarters in Little Rock. He had driven there more than 30 miles after losing his job at a Target store over some graffiti written on a store wall.

The name "Gwatney" and a telephone number were written on a Post-It note found in Johnson's home, police said. They wouldn't say whether the number matched the Democratic headquarters or a Gwatney-owned car dealership, if either.

"Those are things we're investigating. Right now we don't have any indication of motive as far as it deals with Mr. Gwatney," Little Rock police Lt. Terry Hastings said.

Source: http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aid=107302.54928.119431

maybe he got screwed over on a car?
and is it just me or am I getting sick of people who have anti deppression pills owning lots of guns...just advice if you need those pills put your guns away or get rid of them, no good can come from them.

honestly I am torn at times about how to make sure people like that dont have guns, but cant just take them, but they realy should not have them, but if they did like guns could kep someone from getting the meds they realy need....its lose lose.

That was some story and so easy to read in that nice blue font :)

I do wonder why the guy killed him, It said on the news after it happened the guy was mad about losing his job.

True... something about being on antidepressants and getting caught spraying graffiti on a wall at the Target store where he worked at and that had got him fired.

My guess is if there is no personal link uncovered (like the car lot angle) then it was probably just a crazed flipped out guy, delusional, that went looking to kill the top Democrat he could get to.

It's terrible that the Party Leader got killed and I feel very sorry for his family & friends.

True... something about being on antidepressants and getting caught spraying graffiti on a wall at the Target store where he worked at and that had got him fired.

My guess is if there is no personal link uncovered (like the car lot angle) then it was probably just a crazed flipped out guy, delusional, that went looking to kill the top Democrat he could get to.

It's terrible that the Party Leader got killed and I feel very sorry for his family & friends.

Well it sounds like some of the reasons are coming out. It really is sad for the guy who died.

This election year is wierd, it seems very unlucky

[Sihouette;55284]
An Obama contract killing? No, this was nothing like the execution-style murders in Chicago of alleged gay partners of Obama's. This was in broad daylight, in public, with witnesses.

Put her in coach! She's a team player!! No making up stories here trying to smear her own starting Quarterback so her favorite player can play.:eek:

There was someone else I really thought was disgusting just exactly like this... what was his name... Oh, Joe... Joe Lieberman.

Now why would I think this was politically motivated, and done right when Clinton announced she would have her day at the convention? For all I know the GOP might be just as suspect as anyone...even with those Chicago deaths... I mean the GOP did then in late 2007 and does now so much want Obama to get the nomination over the feared Clinton..

OOOOOOOOOOH the feared Clinton OOOOOOOOOH!:) In 13 days I'll be at a big State Democratic Party rally with the Party faithful watching the whole thing. You'll be somewhere wishing you could somehow cut off your nose to spite your face.:D

13 days Sihouette and it's gonna be like the song on COPS. Whatcha gonna do when they come for you!:D

Werbung:
If you're trying to do Obama a favor Topgun, you're ranting and craziness is affecting the opposite.

People tend to respect thoughtful and reflective responses.

Back